[rom] Ivan's Aosp Lollipop 5.1

Hi, I'm using the latest non merged ivan's version from 4PDA.ru 5.5.7 of AOSP 5.1.1 + xposed (gravity box only)

I have a problem with my navigation sw - sygic, igo, etc. have FC right after navigation started... if I open sw only, it works. The only turn navigation what works is Google maps (online). - for previous 5.1 (I think 5.4.18) of Ivan version it worked well

Does someone the same or similar problem as me? Or solved someone this problem already?

PS: now I'm trying Navigon and Here (and I'll write note then)

Latest Ivan's AOSP LP ROM is very good.
It's faster and more fluid than KK and JB ones.
Battery is great. I've also switched back from 3000mAh to 2000mAh and I still get 1 solid day with 2G+3G.

Mokee and Cyanogenmod are still a bit unpolished even though they're based on this ROM.
But AOSP with GravityBox offers a lot of personalisation options too (maybe more than CM12).

I suggest to give up with MIUI and go with this ROM until M1cha will release a stabler CM12.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm using the latest non merged ivan's version from 4PDA.ru 5.5.7 of AOSP 5.1.1 + xposed (gravity box only)

I have a problem with my navigation sw - sygic, igo, etc. have FC right after navigation started... if I open sw only, it works. The only turn navigation what works is Google maps (online). - for previous 5.1 (I think 5.4.18) of Ivan version it worked well

Does someone the same or similar problem as me? Or solved someone this problem already?

Osmand works fine for me. You can download the pro opensource version from here: https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=net.osmand.plus

Latest Ivan's AOSP LP ROM is very good.
It's faster and more fluid than KK and JB ones.
Battery is great. I've also switched back from 3000mAh to 2000mAh and I still get 1 solid day with 2G+3G.

Mokee and Cyanogenmod are still a bit unpolished even though they're based on this ROM.
But AOSP with GravityBox offers a lot of personalisation options too (maybe more than CM12).

I suggest to give up with MIUI and go with this ROM until M1cha will release a stabler CM12.
Agree!

I think there is some kind of incompatibility with xposed and sygic:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-lollipop-sygic-causing-problems-t3114229

You can try latest sygic 15.2.5 (edit: I tried it and also crashing), I did not try it because I am running 14.3.4.
Also Here maps works pretty good and they are excellent!
Edit 2: sygic 15.0.4 works fine, no crashing ;)

Last edited:
I think there is some kind of incompatibility with xposed and sygic:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-lollipop-sygic-causing-problems-t3114229

You can try latest sygic 15.2.5 (edit: I tried it and also crashing), I did not try it because I am running 14.3.4.
Also Here maps works pretty good and they are excellent!
Edit 2: sygic 15.0.4 works fine, no crashing ;)
thanks for info, I'll try it, Yesterday I tested Navigon and Here - both were working, but Here is for free so I prefere here (Sygic I already boutht in the past so I'll try it with your version)

i've experiment randoms reboot, but this randoms reboots only happen, when i'm not using the phone and when i'm not connected to mobil data/wifi. Maybe something wrong with the installation?

Hi! I can't seems to get a little thing here: to flash AOSP in my Mi2S, do I need to merge data and storage partitions, or will it work with default Xiaomi layout too?

Edit: as I'm quite sure I will have to unify the partitions, I've got a couple further questions.

Will the unified partition be called "userdata" or "storage"? I'm 99% sure it's the first one, but still...
Also, is something in this ROM in chinese language?

Last edited:
Hi! I can't seems to get a little thing here: to flash AOSP in my Mi2S, do I need to merge data and storage partitions, or will it work with default Xiaomi layout too?

Edit: as I'm quite sure I will have to unify the partitions, I've got a couple further questions.

Will the unified partition be called "userdata" or "storage"? I'm 99% sure it's the first one, but still...
Also, is something in this ROM in chinese language?

OP ROMs links are for unmerged partitions.
then you can select the language you want into system settings, no need to use it in chinese language.

Thanks for the answer! I was more concerned that might be some isolated parts which failed to translate, like it happens in MIUI. Actually, that isn't even quite a problem, as long as they are little, as I'm used to MIUI. As for the unmerged partitions, does that mean I can't use those ROMs if I merge them?

Thanks for the answer! I was more concerned that might be some isolated parts which failed to translate, like it happens in MIUI. Actually, that isn't even quite a problem, as long as they are little, as I'm used to MIUI. As for the unmerged partitions, does that mean I can't use those ROMs if I merge them?

There is a patch for merged partitions ;)

Sorry to bother you again, but I've got a couple doubts. First of all, with unmerged partitions will I be able to install or move apps to Storage? And access Userdata partition without root explorer? Then, would you suggest me to install CM or AOSP?

Has anyone got to use TDB without experiencing random reboots or other bugs?

Last edited:
I've experienced my first reboot: I'll try again from scratch disabling TDB from CWM and comment again on the stability.

I've got merged partition and a working CWM recovery (modified version with aboot) I decided to try 5.1.1 AOSP but now my sdcard is not recognize when I'm on the ROM, but It works perfectly on the recovery. Did I miss some patch or something else ?

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Just a little note: my phonebook is unusable: I don't have a phone storage, nor I'm able to read contacts stored in my SIM card. My contacts app wants to read the contacts stored on any remote account, whether it is a Google one, or WhatsApp's, Facebook's, Viber's... You name it. Everything but my phone's memory. I don't have a local set of contacts, in my exclusive possession. I must give then all to someone else. Is this a Lollipop thing? How can I solve this?

Ok, with Lollipop it just seems you have to have a Google account and give them everyone you know to finally have a phone. Sounds like a pretty awful deal with the devil.

Can anyone tell me if CM 12.1 has a "Phone Storage" option in Contacts? Or maybe Mokee?

Are there some serious bugs (alarm not ringing, no voice during calls...) on latest AOSP 5.5.7? And is it for old layout (unmerged partitions)?

As someone said, thread is a mess, it's hard to find proper info...

It's for unmerged partitions, if I don't go wrong you need a patch to install it on a merged layout.

So far I've not encountered any bugs. Just some things I don't like which are present in Lollipop or to AOSP by default, such as having to link your phone contacts to a Google account to use them, or media sound going from zero to a level which is in my opinion too high (but I'm sure there has to be a patch for that).

Be sure to have TDB disabled or you'll experience random reboots.

Thanks.

I already have my contacts on Google account for a while now, so it's fine for me... And TWRP is installed also, so no TDB for me.

Cheers