[rom] Ivan's Aosp Marshmallow 6.0 - [6.3.22]

.bastian

Members
Jun 17, 2013
w76u79gh.jpg

All the released versions of ivans Marshmallow AOSP so far. If you find bugs in any version, please report it here to complete the list corresponding to that version.

Actual Version by Ivan (6.3.22):
[MD5: b3a4ec46eb7647f5c2616ef93cd80d59]
https://mega.nz/#!sIEXmZAZ!9jENNMNbZ1RnmfibowZZoOiRFdvXRVNGst6yzfSFwB8

Additional Stuff:
- Gapps
(Dolby/TWRP see last version (6.1.20) below)

Installation notes:
- To prevent gapps to cause occasional FC's install the rom and boot it up the first time without installing gapps. Restart to recovery and install opengapps without wiping cache/dalvik cache before or after.​

Known Issues in 6.3.22:
- Problems using the flash for taking photos -> seems to be an error of the "snapdragon camera" app, worked for me with open camera and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*
- Occasional problems with connecting to the camera
- Issues by manual switching from 3g to 3g and vice versa (seems not to work properly)
- No possibility to modify the APN​

- Waiting for your reports! -
Fixed from the last version:
- FM radio worked without any issues, no FC by plugging in the headphones​

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Actual Version by Ivan (6.1.20):
Download@googledrive (thanks to graw2 for this mirror)
Download@mega.co.nz
Download@mail.ru (thanks to oile for this mirror)
Download@dropbox (thanks to 嘉佳韦 for this mirror)

Additional Stuff (also thanks to graw2):
- New layout compatible TWRP
- Gapps
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby Digital Plus​

Known Issues in 6.1.20:
- Bluetooth audio/speech doesnt work properly
- (Its not possible to make photos using flash although it lightens up while focusing)
reported to work by using the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* from playstore!
- Sometimes camera app gets no access to the camera or rather crashes
- FM radio gives FC when you connect the headphones
- Camera: in 4:3 mode the camera preview picture on the screen is distorted (narrow), but after taking picture the photo itself is OK
- Camera: in 16:9 mode the max resolution is 6mp only (but works without FC)
- Buttons: Long press on menu button causes SytemUI FC if you have set ''search assistant'' action
- Wireless Display: Cast the screen does not work​
Version 6.1.11
- This version needs the new xiaomi partition layout!

Version (5.12.8)
Thanks to DaRoni for the upload.

Download Link (Old Version)

Screenshots:

Last edited:
I was unable to activate the native camera, wasn't impressed with the interface od the AOSP, I quickly removed the ROM.

You have to give all rights to google services (shows errors)in settings---app--system...
some 3G bands(2100) not working.
APN settings crash

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
Bugs reported by users:
  • No dolby sound => I will provide a zip file soon
  • No Bluetooth audio output
  • Alarm doesn't start the phone
  • Camera is not stable
  • Very high battery consumption by wi-fi
  • If you try to open mobile network settings, there's a FC and you lose signal. After few seconds you have signal and network, but you can't open those settings
  • [reported by one user, not reproduced by me] Every time I restart my phone, android always optimizes apps and spends much time for optimizing them (about 5-10 mins)
source

Has anyone tried this last version? If yes, any feedback available?
Thanks anyway
Someone will have to test here it as my question on the original thread was answered by a mi4c owner telling me "it is pure android it is worling perfectly" the answer of a moron.

Reactions: treiliert
Someone will have to test here it as my question on the original thread was answered by a mi4c owner telling me "it is pure android it is worling perfectly" the answer of a moron.
I installed it and it is quite fluent. I haven't found mayor bugs and the camera is working quite well. The bugs I found are:
- System UI freezes when long-pressing menu button
- Google Play Services gives some errors until you give him permissions.

I installed it and it is quite fluent. I haven't found mayor bugs and the camera is working quite well. The bugs I found are:
- System UI freezes when long-pressing menu button
- Google Play Services gives some errors until you give him permissions.

It sounds rather like a stable than a test version. Is it indeed stable for daily use, which means no random reboots nor screen freezes (edit: apart from the one you mention in your first point) or app force closes? Furthermore, could you compare it to Ivan's last lollipop ROM (AOSP 5.1.1) in terms of battery life and general impression? For example, I use Ivan's AOSP 5.1.1 for not merged partitions (5.5.7 build): it is the lightest ROM I've ever used in this phone. This is also because the user who built this particular version recompiled Ivan's original 5.5.1 ROM, taking away all extra chinese application so that the ROM would fit to an unmerged partition layout.
What about this ROM? Is it only for merged partition layout? What recovery tool did you use to install it? and is it light or a CPU-eater?
Thank you very much in advance for your reply!

It sounds rather like a stable than a test version. Is it indeed stable for daily use, which means no random reboots nor screen freezes (edit: apart from the one you mention in your first point) or app force closes? Furthermore, could you compare it to Ivan's last lollipop ROM (AOSP 5.1.1) in terms of battery life and general impression? For example, I use Ivan's AOSP 5.1.1 for not merged partitions (5.5.7 build): it is the lightest ROM I've ever used in this phone. This is also because the user who built this particular version recompiled Ivan's original 5.5.1 ROM, taking away all extra chinese application so that the ROM would fit to an unmerged partition layout.
What about this ROM? Is it only for merged partition layout? What recovery tool did you use to install it? and is it light or a CPU-eater?
Thank you very much in advance for your reply!
Yeah it is really stable and I've used it for some hours and the battery looks well but i can't say much as this is the first day I use it.

I think that this ROM is only for merged partitions and I used the version of twrp that the user who posted this ROM in the link i sent used.

In my opinion this ROM is really light but maybe not as much as aosp 5.1.1 but it works really well, I haven't experienced any lags.

Reactions: treiliert