[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

I am trying to install this rom in the System 2. I receive this error message after a few seconds that it's installing:

set_metadata_recursive: some chnges failed.

E: Error in /sdcard/ cm-11-20131229-UNOFFICIAL-aries.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

may someone help me to fix this problem ?
Flash lastest cwm

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Rom dont work for me. Bootloop. I have flashed it on System 2.

Gesendet von meinem ME173X mit Tapatalk

Did you wipe?
Or did you have an older cm version installed before?
Did you flash the correct gapps (for 4.4 android)?

// Edit:

Something strange happened: i did a full backup (system 1 + 2) and then rebooted back to cm11, now i'm getting this error message. My Miui installation on system 1 isn't booting anymore, too! :(
Restoring the freshly made backup causes cm11 to bootloop, too!

I was using the fix partition script and installed everything as i had it before, rebooted some times etc. and then did the backup which broke everything..

Attachments

• IMG_20140102_140417.jpg
    IMG_20140102_140417.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Just got thru the first day of mild/moderate testing with this ROM.. Gonna start with the heavy/intense/gaming tests in a bit.. everything seems to be looking great except, since I've installed LBE Security Master(an app that I cannot live without) the launcher lags, ALOT.. Although this lag is only limited to opening/closing app drawer and scrolling thru app drawer.. everything else is snappy! It isn't much of an issue, the real problem is I cannot install any other launchers.. I've tried Nova/Apex/LauncherPro and Next Launcher.. all of them give the same error, this app cannot be installed. Pushing to /data/app/ before a reboot doesn't work either..
Any suggestions? ideas? tips?
Btw, keep up the great work M1cha and Linuxx.. this is an excellent job well done..

Rom is working perfect for me (thanks M1cha!), but I'm switching between this and WIUI with TDB. Battery readings are REALLY different when I change from one system to the other:I may have 25% left in WIUI, and when rebooting to cm11 it reads 8%...

Is it only me (and can I do something about it) or is it something else?

Hey guys. There's sth very important. I have created a experimental ROM and I want you guys to test it.
I've upgraded the audio HAL in this ROM. This improves our compatibility with mako ROM's and cleans up the code.
Audio playback should work without problems(speaker is a little bit louder as far as I can say). The main difference between Mi2 and N4 are the microphones.
So please test every possible situation(calls, voip, record, camera, and all these with earpiece,speaker,headphones, bluetooth headset,...)

You should be able to flash a stable cm11 rom after testing but you should make a backup of you current ROM to be sure.

Download: http://d-h.st/BAL

@M1cha I've tried your suggestion of using xprivacy.. turns out,I'm not just having a problem installing launchers.. but no apps would install.. every app says "application not installed" including xprivacy and tons of random apps and games that i used to test. any ideas?

Hey guys. There's sth very important. I have created a experimental ROM and I want you guys to test it.
I've upgraded the audio HAL in this ROM. This improves our compatibility with mako ROM's and cleans up the code.
Audio playback should work without problems(speaker is a little bit louder as far as I can say). The main difference between Mi2 and N4 are the microphones.
So please test every possible situation(calls, voip, record, camera, and all these with earpiece,speaker,headphones, bluetooth headset,...)

You should be able to flash a stable cm11 rom after testing but you should make a backup of you current ROM to be sure.

Download: http://d-h.st/BAL
Ok

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

CM 11 dated 2013-12-29 + PA Gapps (mini modular): the Android AOSP keyboard generally works, but without gestures.

Google search advised that gestures depend on proprietary /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so, which is part of Gapps. I checked the file exists and still no go.

P.S. I prefer AOSP keyboard and would like to avoid the alternatives (Google Keyboard, Swype, etc...). The AOSP keyboard gestures worked fine in CM10.2 by M1cha.

Is it just my crappy installation or a CM11 bug?

EDIT: Screenshots of Google Keyboard and AOSP Keyboard are attached. I do not know how to enable the @, #, ... special characters to be directly accessible (and visible) under a, b, .... keys.

EDIT2: it seems to be a CM 11 bug.

EDIT3: I resolved that by using system/lib/libjni_latinime.so and system/lib/libjni_unbundled_latinimegoogle.so from Google Keyboard Add-on module available on the XDA (manually extracted and copied to /system/lib, permission and ownership set as for other libs in that directory).

Last edited:
you can install google keyboard from play store.

edit: argh. didnt read u dont like the google keyboard. but isnt it the same as aosp?

@M1cha everything seems to work fine w your latest build. Bit what can we help to do to get headset buttons to work. Are u able to test it?

Are there different type of headset buttons? maybe I can find a cheap one for testing

@Gooners: sure, buy these ear phones and send them to @M1cha. On Android, the +/- volume adjustments may not work (it does on some brands), but otherwise they are okay (play/pause button, microphone, speakers).

EDIT: alternatively, there seem to be workarounds, too.

Last edited:
Are there different type of headset buttons? maybe I can find a cheap one for testing

No just samsungs. It works with other roms so. Sure thing ill buy some for you if you need. Or you buy in a local store and ill PayPal the money.just make It cheap ;-) @M1cha