[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

I don't use OTA because recovery always installs to system1. Until that's fixed I won't publish updates via OTA, sry

Reactions: MSephiroth
No Echo, but my voice volume for other person is too low.
but far better than the previous thing.
Any more info you need M1cha ?

donated a small amount, thanks for your hard work!

Regarding last build (i m testing it), i have strange total screen flickering while typing, not every moment, but there are.

Last edited:
Reactions: M1cha
I have been using this for about 3 days now i really like it! Its really fast but it uses a lot of battery its just so nice that you can just dualboot into another ROM i wish every phone had this feature :D

How do i install this update do i just flash this over system 2 or do i need to do all wipes?

Changelog:
Code:
2014-01-21:
- fix headset buttons
- use stock backlight driver to prevent tearing especially in recovery
- fix in-call echo
- add kernel hack to fix charging issues on mi2s
Did u made commits in kernel sources too?
What about Usb Charger Fix? Why not add chrous commit and wait for OTG fix? It's boring reboot (almost) every time i charge it

Am I missing something here. What is wrong with the usb charging on the phone?
I can charge my phone just fine.

which gaaps must i use for cm 11? when i use the gaaps from the first post, i can only see the boot animation from cm 11,

i'm from germany , sorry for my english

W/o rebooting?

Yes without! I'm also fine. I'm using a HP usb charger rated @ 5.3v/2.1a. The charging rate varies between 5.3v/0.3a and 5.3v/0.8a on my mi2.
My xperia z ultra usually gets 5.3v/1.8a with this charger.
But I'm still on the last year's build. Didn't have time to update.

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

@M1cha

The update was just fine. The echo issues are gone!
Now I just have to discover how to save more battery.:D
Thanks for the amazing work

I am still on this build cm-11-20140103 if it matters.
If I want to charge, I just grab my cable and plug it to the cpu. That's all I did.
The cable is a stock one, came together with the phone.

update to 2014-01-21. pls test and report about echo issues.
Hello M1cha, I tested this new version on my phone.
First of all: thank you for your work!
1) The overall volume of the phone's audio is ok, while with the previous patch it was far too low (alarms, notifications, etc.).
2) When I use the bluetooth connection, audio streaming and calls are ok.
3) When I use the bare phone to call, the other party cannot hear me at all.
4) When I use the wired headset to call, the other party cannot hear me at all.
5) When I use voip to call, with the bare phone, the other party cannot hear me at all.
6) The headset buttons seem to be working. So far I only tested volume up/down and they are working. When I'll have time I'll try also the central button. For this test I'm using an original Xiaomi wired headset with three buttons.

Unfortunately, now I must switch back to the 29th release because I need a working phone... :-(

What is very strange to me is that somebody is reporting that this release is working fine.
Could it be that I need to reset something?
Before flashing this new rom, I, as usual, wiped the cache and the dalvik cache (I don't know if this last step is still required, since I'm using ART).
Should I clear the cache of some application, maybe? Which one?

I installed the latest version with a full wipe and I also have calling problems. I can hear the other party perfectly, but they tell me they have a very hard time understanding me, like I have a bad connection. Otherwise this seems to be a great rom!

I installed the latest version with a full wipe and I also have calling problems. I can hear the other party perfectly, but they tell me they have a very hard time understanding me, like I have a bad connection. Otherwise this seems to be a great rom!
Hello M1cha, I tested this new version on my phone.
First of all: thank you for your work!
1) The overall volume of the phone's audio is ok, while with the previous patch it was far too low (alarms, notifications, etc.).
2) When I use the bluetooth connection, audio streaming and calls are ok.
3) When I use the bare phone to call, the other party cannot hear me at all.
4) When I use the wired headset to call, the other party cannot hear me at all.
5) When I use voip to call, with the bare phone, the other party cannot hear me at all.
6) The headset buttons seem to be working. So far I only tested volume up/down and they are working. When I'll have time I'll try also the central button. For this test I'm using an original Xiaomi wired headset with three buttons.

Unfortunately, now I must switch back to the 29th release because I need a working phone... :-(

What is very strange to me is that somebody is reporting that this release is working fine.
Could it be that I need to reset something?
Before flashing this new rom, I, as usual, wiped the cache and the dalvik cache (I don't know if this last step is still required, since I'm using ART).
Should I clear the cache of some application, maybe? Which one?
No problems for me

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

@M1cha:
So, this is the configuration I found which is "working" a little better for me.
My wife still hears herself "far away", so the problem is not fixed but I hope I can live with it until a better solution can be found.
I attach the diff between your last posted mixer_paths.xml and the one I changed.

Attachments

• diff.txt
    834 bytes · Views: 320
Reactions: MSephiroth
Just a few questions someone might know the answers for so that I can get a better understanding of how things work.

Is there a documentation about mixer controls names specifically for our device and CM11?

Is it possible to control separately the main and secondary microphone sensitivity?

Is the noise cancellation dependent on Phone app (in app) or buried deep in driver?

Is it possible that the in call echo problems are partially caused by insufficient sound isolation of the built-in microphone(s) from the sound in speakers and/or ineffective noise cancellation?

Does CM11 Phone app support automatic gain control for the microphone?

Sent from TapaPlaudern on Mi2S 32 GB

Last edited:
The same for me: now the others can hear me but with echo again.
I noticed that you changed, basically, 2 or 3 lines in the mixer_paths.xml, adjusting the volume from 68 to 99.
Maybe the right value is in between?
I'll try to play with those two volumes a little bit...
Once again: thank you for all your efforts!
Try use 70 and 84

Last edited:
Try use 70 and 84
Apparently, the first volume (line 220 in the file) doesn't change anything on my phone.
The second one seem to be more important but with a value of 80 or above I (the other party) have the echo.
If it's too low (68 or something) the other party cannot hear me.
The value of 75 seems to let the others hear me with little echo of their voice.

20140121, no echo, but other person heard me really bad (sounds like i would be far far away), but loudness on my side is now good in general.
Looking forward for the new build with old audio, seems really to be the best solution atm.

Hello, I have but one feature to request: support for USB Audio. Although I understand it's not an average task to implement it, I should say I enjoyed it a lot on my Nexus 7 '13.

Any way, I couldn't be happier now that I have finally managed to install M1cha's CM11. Thank you for all the work you did to make a firmware that Mi2 needed.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk