[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

I read whole thread and it looks that Xiaomi wont be added until Xiaomi either pays them or release whole MIUI as open source but since not one single company is doing that + most of them are complitly BANNING ROM DEVELOPMENT by locking device bootloader (Sony for example even has few devices that are not possible to unlock at ALL manufactured in 2014) but still they persue Xiaomi for GPL violation and bootloader locking is freedom violation,no one should block to use your device on your way.

I just hope CM will support us...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
They are already supporting us. Just waiting for Etan Chen and his "made-of-marble-head"
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/56652

Btw xiaomi sells only sim free and unlocked bootloader phones (dunno if mipad is unlocked too)
And they only think that because of miui xiaomi is a totally sh!t
I think for the next year they'll start going the same for Cyanogen.inc and OnePlus. Reasons? They're a company dude, this mean that a professional ROM is not a rom. Use omni instead that it takes 60% of code from cm

Sent from my mi²s

They are already supporting us. Just waiting for Etan Chen and his "made-of-marble-head"
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/56652

Btw xiaomi sells only sim free and unlocked bootloader phones (dunno if mipad is unlocked too)
And they only think that because of miui xiaomi is a totally sh!t
I think for the next year they'll start going the same for Cyanogen.inc and OnePlus. Reasons? They're a company dude, this mean that a professional ROM is not a rom. Use omni instead that it takes 60% of code from cm

Sent from my mi²s

I am aware of that but they are "reviewing" this for more than two weeks and it doesnt looks it will be aproved soon.

With bad integration and UI design like windows 95 :D

Any news about working AOSP (4.4.3) for MI2s?

I need ART because of low respond time and I cant find any ROM that supports it,if you know any ROM that support it,would be good also.

" XDA= From cowboys to devs" I would say.

It reminds me of a stand-up comedy where they say:
-No sir, you can't go inside the building, I'm sorry. You have to have a membership card.
-Okay, where can I get one?
-Inside.
-Okay let me in to get that card.
-No sir you are not allowed inside without a membership card.

Last edited:
Any news about working AOSP (4.4.3) for MI2s?

I need ART because of low respond time and I cant find any ROM that supports it,if you know any ROM that support it,would be good also.

Arghh...

I installed AOSP,switched to ART and getting 110 MFLOPS in linpack,with "optimised" libs from qualcomm getting 300 MFLOPS but on ART apps are running faster and delay is lower.

Im not sure what to do.
Go with CM for 3x performance
or go with AOSP for 2x better respond time.

Im so confused...

Arghh...

I installed AOSP,switched to ART and getting 110 MFLOPS in linpack,with "optimised" libs from qualcomm getting 300 MFLOPS but on ART apps are running faster and delay is lower.

Im not sure what to do.
Go with CM for 3x performance
or go with AOSP for 2x better respond time.

Im so confused...

just wait until 4.4.3 is actually released..

just wait until 4.4.3 is actually released..
I think that this is the best, too but I think the master branch will be merged into 4.5 and not 4.3.

Anyway, they are implementing 64bit support and if they want to release 4.3/4.5 together with a new device that will be Q3 2014 or H1 2015 because these are the release dates of these SoC's

Just found out why is everyone against Xiaomi Market,who would say all apps are free...
I guess its ok on one hand since Google is banned in China

P.S. Can anyone explain me why AOSP is 10x smoother than CM even in powersafe mode?
It doesnt make sense to me since framework is more or less same.

Just found out why is everyone against Xiaomi Market,who would say all apps are free...
I guess its ok on one hand since Google is banned in China

P.S. Can anyone explain me why AOSP is 10x smoother than CM even in powersafe mode?
It doesnt make sense to me since framework is more or less same.

Art on aosp is horrible. Art on cm is much horrible. So if u want to kill yourself and enjoy bootloops stay with art

Sent from my nexus 7

Art on aosp is horrible. Art on cm is much horrible. So if u want to kill yourself and enjoy bootloops stay with art

Sent from my nexus 7

I did not have single bootloop yet
Just to let you know I used ART on Xperia U,it was rock stable but one game I wanted to try did not work :(

Is there a way to lock all the widgets in the lock screen (beside, obviously, the "unlocker")?
I'd like to have the lock screen, well, locked.
Possibly without the pin code.

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I would like to apologize in advance, because I don´t know if it´s and issue on this ROM, or is an issue with xiaomi phones in general.

I´m a heavy user of google music, but recently I discover that it stores the music in the internal storage, so after looking I found a link that explained how to solve using an application called ROM toolbox, to basically create a symlink to where google music stores it´s data. So I tried to symlink from "/storage/usbdisk/music" to "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music" but every time I get that is not possible to create a symlink. If there´s a workaround I would really appreciate it.

I could try to resize the partition but i rather keep them as they are.

Cheers and thanks in advance

I woke up and my phone was hot like hell, I hadn't touch it since last night, is that Twitter app's problem??

Screenshot_2014-05-26-09-19-55.png

I would like to apologize in advance, because I don´t know if it´s and issue on this ROM, or is an issue with xiaomi phones in general.

I´m a heavy user of google music, but recently I discover that it stores the music in the internal storage, so after looking I found a link that explained how to solve using an application called ROM toolbox, to basically create a symlink to where google music stores it´s data. So I tried to symlink from "/storage/usbdisk/music" to "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music" but every time I get that is not possible to create a symlink. If there´s a workaround I would really appreciate it.

I could try to resize the partition but i rather keep them as they are.

Cheers and thanks in advance
1. make symlink for folder /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/some_folder/ 2. copy the link and then paste in /data/data/com.google.android.music/
3. copy all content from folder files to folder some_folder
4. remove folder files and rename symlink to files
It's working...

Send from tapatalk space with Mi2s

1. make symlink for folder /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/some_folder/ 2. copy the link and then paste in /data/data/com.google.android.music/
3. copy all content from folder files to folder some_folder
4. remove folder files and rename symlink to files
It's working...

Send from tapatalk space with Mi2s

Hi and thanks for the answer, nevertheless I think is not working, or at least is not behaving as a regular linux box, or maybe I did not understand what you said. From what I understand this is what I did

1. I created a directory in "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/GoogleMusic/music"
2. I did a long press on the "music" directory (the one created on 1) and selected create shortcut
3. Navigated to "/data/data/com.google.android.music/files"
4. Pressed the create button.

At this point the symlink seams to be fine because I check the properties it correctly points to "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/GoogleMusic/music"

But when I download music from the app is not getting store there; instead is getting store at "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music" still.

Probably I did misunderstand you

And thanks again SpPes

storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.music/... is on sdcard someone has implemented cache and files to this directory .... so if you don't have data saved in /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/ then its not saved in the small 3,7 gb area (IMHO)

Hello, nice work you are doing there... I was reading this thread on XDA, seriously it so retarded.

Don't hesitate guys to post your own opinions!

1 day and 13 hours for me with cyano and 4h and 30mins on battery (with 3100mah battery arriving at 4%)

1 day and 13 hours for me with cyano and 4h and 30mins on battery (with 3100mah battery arriving at 4%)