[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

No, I had some problems just with fb messenger but I figured out was cause I restored the account after a full wipe, I just needed to clean data app and set it up again. I heard about some people with that issue but there is a work around to fix it with the xposed module "alarm fix"

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

Really you don't have Notification problems?
I could not use whatsapp for ex... When i turn off phone screen wait a bit then unlock it and try to use...there's one second at least where phone does not respond. And notification problem is for that reason.
Mail app... you ever used? Last update are a mess

Xiaomi cloud that drain battery a lot and it's impossibile to cancel...i can go on.
After 5 days using CM difference in term of speed are very very evident..

Azz so no official yet :(

But anyway it's great there is.
More or less how many devices are supported?

Cm is pretty fast even cause it doesn't come with lot of apps that are "mandatory", once you install all the apps like backup, Firewall etc it won't be so fast any more. And even if it's much lighter, it doesn't gain battery life or performance compared to miui, that means miui is pretty optimised for xiaomi phone (of course I guess). Cm is great indeed, especially for low end devices, but high end ones can handle miui without any problem, and I don't know which bugs are you talking about cause I don't have any, I trust you of you have some ones, but at least reading comments, also cm isn't bugless. Said that, it's great that the developers work to bring us more choice, so everyone can choose what they like more.

Don't take my post word by word.

It's a statement about latest miui, not miui as OS in general.
I have bought a Xiaomi just for having official Miui support, and I have used miui/wiui for a long time without any problem.
However, latest miui are very buggy and it's not my impression but a general one, and if you add that official KK for mi2s is not release yet, and even JB has become incredibly buggy for the majority...well, that's not good.
I'm sure you're not experiencing any problem, but if you take a look around people is not happy at all with miui.
Sure that CM has bugs, I have some minor bugs, but nothing critical and even if I install all the apps included in miui it wont become slow.

I think that we had best miui roms at the end of the last year. From the beginning of this year the ROM have become slower, instable and full of useless features frankly speaking.
I hope that V6 will be released soon along with KK for ours mi2s.
But so far CM is surely better than latest miui in my opinion.
Let's say:
MIUI 7/10
CM 9/ 10
Wat do ya think? :)

Inviato dal mio Nokia 6600 con Tapatalk

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
Don't take my post word by word.

It's a statement about latest miui, not miui as OS in general.
I have bought a Xiaomi just for having official Miui support, and I have used miui/wiui for a long time without any problem.
However, latest miui are very buggy and it's not my impression but a general one, and if you add that official KK for mi2s is not release yet, and even JB has become incredibly buggy for the majority...well, that's not good.
I'm sure you're not experiencing any problem, but if you take a look around people is not happy at all with miui.
Sure that CM has bugs, I have some minor bugs, but nothing critical and even if I install all the apps included in miui it wont become slow.

I think that we had best miui roms at the end of the last year. From the beginning of this year the ROM have become slower, instable and full of useless features frankly speaking.
I hope that V6 will be released soon along with KK for ours mi2s.
But so far CM is surely better than latest miui in my opinion.
Let's say:
MIUI 7/10
CM 9/ 10
Wat do ya think? :)

Inviato dal mio Nokia 6600 con Tapatalk

Quoto (un saluto italiano)
The fact is that it's not miui in general, but latest releases!
I think it's not a problem or a mystery to say that everybody here who bought a Mi2 is because of the miui and beutiful phone hardware. But also for miui. For this reason i think nobody would say miui is not good or sucks or whatever.
Until the beginning of year was beautiful os, now really i found it not good. And believe me a lot of people says that (my brother who bought it because he saw it when i bought it says that the last releases are very buggy).

Of course is better then 99 percent of rom by manufacter in market yet....but cyano is really really good

No, I had some problems just with fb messenger but I figured out was cause I restored the account after a full wipe, I just needed to clean data app and set it up again. I heard about some people with that issue but there is a work around to fix it with the xposed module "alarm fix"

tried everything and lost hope...the answer here is that is a "feature" of miui...very unpleasant

The mi2 is the 155th official *currently supported* device.
BTW we have official support, the only missing things are the nghtlies and I showed u why :)

@M1cha already did it, let's hope for tonight

Sent from my mi²s
for the new official release we'd have always to flash gapps separately (taken from wiki.cyanogenmod. org/w/gapps)?

for the new official release we'd have always to flash gapps separately (taken from wiki.cyanogenmod. org/w/gapps)?
Lol, have you ever thought why custom roms don't have gapps inside?
In the fair ( :p ) 2009, when Cyanogen (aka Steve Kondik) recived a letter from google asking him to remove his rom (CyanogenMod) because he was sharing propietaries google files without Google's permission. He had to remove (almost) all Google files from his rom, and he made the first Gapps. Then Google explained on Android blog that gapps and android os are two different projects, one opensource and one closed source. That's why no rom adds Gapps, Miui for xiaomi devices can have them because xiaomi phones are sold with gapps, so you pay for them and for the license (less than 1$).
Btw it's not needed to flash gapps and make a wipe /data when u'll update from unofficial to official, do it only if you have a bootloop or other problems.

Reactions: gonito
Lol, have you ever thought why custom roms don't have gapps inside?
In the fair ( :p ) 2009, when Cyanogen (aka Steve Kondik) recived a letter from google asking him to remove his rom (CyanogenMod) because he was sharing propietaries google files without Google's permission. He had to remove (almost) all Google files from his rom, and he made the first Gapps. Then Google explained on Android blog that gapps and android os are two different projects, one opensource and one closed source. That's why no rom adds Gapps, Miui for xiaomi devices can have them because xiaomi phones are sold with gapps, so you pay for them and for the license (less than 1$).
Btw it's not needed to flash gapps and make a wipe /data when u'll update from unofficial to official, do it only if you have a bootloop or other problems.
history class!:p

yeah I've issue with the latest pizza, not before...I flashed 3-4 Cm so far with initially gapps file from micha's folder (i think)...

this:

I think i'll wait for the official build and, if google play problem is still there, i'll flash the new gapps
It's because of 4.4.3, you need to update gapps (see cm wiki for them), ull have the same issue on official builds too

Sent from my mi²s

It's because of 4.4.3, you need to update gapps (see cm wiki for them), ull have the same issue on official builds too

Sent from my mi²s
as I suppose, thanks.

the gapps flash must be after the official build flash or is it the same?

6agavene.jpg

Here we go

Sent from my mi²s