[ROM] Marvin [English\Multilanguage] Xiaomi MI2/S [8.11]

After flashing the ROM we should root the phone
1.Is it a must ? (let's say for better performance or future downloads).
2.If so, what is way to root MI2S ?

mi2 is already rooted, you just have to enable the root.
Go to permissions app (inside security center), enable root there.

Music widget is not working with any other lauchers only showing in miui launcher..:(
anyone facing that issue?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

I noticed that there is a cloud account, i know what the cloud is for
but i wonder whether the use of it is free of charge or it costs money to use the cloud ?

Another issue, i didn't succeed to download Facebook app , it says error 927, before flashing the new Rom , i downloaded that app readily. It'd odd , i reentered play store after a couple of minutes and the installation went well

Hi,
I installed the ROM yesterday, and for now it seems really great! (the only thing is it is maybe a little more battery eater than WIUI).
About ViPER, when I open the ViPER4Android app it say me to install drivers and show me a popup to select CPU type.
I am with Mi2S (snapdragon 600), which CPU type I have to chose
there is :
  • Without VFP (PXA920)
  • With VFP
  • CortexA8 with NEON
  • CortexA9/15 with NEON
Thank you

Yes I saw it, but as this ROM is also compatible with Mi2 and Mi2 CPU is not exactly the same as Mi2S, I was wondering if the choice to chose is still CortexA8 with NEON...

AFAIK they have the same cpu, only mi2s runs it faster (1.7GHz instead of 1.5GHz).
So, choose what the OP said for both of them.

Just wanted to say that this rom is great! Thank you very much, Medina!
Main improvement for me is battery life - so much better than the stock/multi-lang MIUI!

There is just one small thing I didn't like: wifi/phone signal icons are on the left side of the notification bar. I prefer leaving the left side for app notifications, not for constant icons. Is there a way I could change it on my own and move them to the right side??

AFAIK they have the same cpu, only mi2s runs it faster (1.7GHz instead of 1.5GHz).
So, choose what the OP said for both of them.
It's not the Same CPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T, Quad Core 1.7GHz VS Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 Quad Core 1,5 GHz

Yes, you are right. I stand corrected, it's not the exact same model.

The differences, however are minor:
- freq: 1.7 vs 1.5 GHz
- memory: LPDDR3 vs LPDDR2
It's almost the same cpu...

Reactions: deini
Medina,
Can you please add local contacts ruler? I mean the ruler on the side of contacts list, which has only English letters.
Making it with local letters (For example, Hebrew for English(Israel) local) would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Reactions: SM26
Just installed rom. Love it.

Quick question. Do i need to insyall fix on page 3or is it included in the latest rom

I was wondering when this will be updated to the 3.7.26 ROM ? BTW, it would be interesting to include on the first page the version your ROM is based upon.

Plus a good topic title and ROM name wouldn't harm :)

Suggestion: would it be possible to add a "WiFi Display" toggle in the notification bar? Something that allows me to immediately switch to the WiFi Display settings?

It's not the Same CPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T, Quad Core 1.7GHz VS Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 Quad Core 1,5 GHz

It is same bro, only thing is Mi2S CPU is slightly overclocked to run at faster rate !!! just like Turbo charging in Auto mobiles!!!

hmm, so many likes... good sign.
then please enlighten me with your knowledge !
Mi2S has a different cpu and Thats that end of discussion.
And if you wanna "turbo charge" a car it's cheaper to buy a new then install a turbo. And the turbo is off topic in this forum. But keep cpu: s and turbo: s apart ;)

Skickat från min MI 2 med Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mi2S has a different cpu and Thats that end of discussion.
And if you wanna "turbo charge" a car it's cheaper to buy a new then install a turbo. And the turbo is off topic in this forum. But keep cpu: s and turbo: s apart ;)

Skickat från min MI 2 med Tapatalk 4 Beta

Look here buddy

Mi2 CPU
CPU
Qualcomm APQ8064Snapdragon S4 Quad Core Krait @ 1.50GHz

Mi2S CPU

CPU
Qualcomm APQ8064TSnapdragon S4 Quad Core Krait @ 1.70GHz I said, it is similar to Autmobiles like turbocharging..... If you were true, we couldn't have had used the same ROM for both Mi2 & Mi2S ! ok ? and moreover, you can see the type of CPU used for both phones... right ?