[ROM] Marvin [English\Multilanguage] Xiaomi MI2/S [8.11]

I really liked that the signal and wifi icons was on the left side in the statusbar. Do i have to extract framework and all that stuff?

Ha gaaaay

Well, many users didn't like that... is there a way to use Aroma installer and give the 2 options during installation?

Hi Medina! Your previous rom was close to perfect (3.7.26) and I specially loved the sound tweaks by default (loud and clear, same for bluetooth headset). If I recall correctly there was a different sound manager apk taking care of things (Dolby Mobile?). Which files and settings do I need to translate same quality to another roms? (I´m using Spanish MIUI rom)

Thanks ;)

Viper is very unstable in the last version fc:s when raising the volume and seem to not work properly

Ha gaaaay

I'm traveling for few days so I can't help you now.
It seems to me that the previous version was much better, don't you think?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: manohar
I think that the previous version was better in terms of battery. Did anyone else notice it?

I'm traveling for few days so I can't help you now.

Hey Medina the roms u made are always better than the rest!!
But this one is not very smooth (after some use) dont know why but its sometimes very laggy at this time im writing this the light goes off & on dont know how to fix it....
Grtz Ballgear

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

If it becomes laggy after some use you may try V6 supercharger script from xda. It really improves RAM management and from what I've seen, this ROM has some RAM tweaks that may not be very optimized and this may be the reason it's not fully smooth.
I'm trying it now after modding it a little: I deleted zipalign on boot as it usually gives me problems with certain apps, also changed some build.prop entries and I supercharged services.jar
I will see if it works well; for now it feels really smooth and I've had no FC or bugs.

Seems to be that new Volume Steps is not working properly..viper also unstable..other than that rest is good..!
Will wait for the next build...;)

+1 for that. I too feel the same. Sound increase i am not appreciating & moreover, Viper is not working properly.
Battery is not that great . what did you change in your recipe brother ?
We need your perfect ROM in the earliest possible time for you... please !

So am I the only one who thinks this version is pretty good? For me is fast, smooth, good battery life (need more test) and viper works perfectly.
But I have problems with the gps, had to change gps.conf file. It was instantly locking a bad position, in Madrid, and I'm 500 miles away from there xD

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375973842206.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375973842206.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: Twister12
So am I the only one who thinks this version is pretty good? For me is fast, smooth, good battery life (need more test) and viper works perfectly.

I totally agree with you dude!

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Twister12
I am missing my extended icons. This was included in your ROM, right? I am using v3.8.2. The first of your ROM's that I used (based on 3.7.17) did have alternative icons, but this one doesn't... Should I enable a setting somewhere? Attached a screenshot of what I have now.

before:
Screenshot_2013-08-08-18-08-27.png

EDIT: I have disabled USB debugging and restored a MIUI backup and now it seems to be OK again :)

after:
Screenshot_2013-08-09-17-45-23.png

Reactions: Medina
WTH ! , you broke your promise bro .... GREAT to find your update on saturday itself !
I love your ROM. thanks for that.... I was wondering which ROM to flash now on my Mi2S... then i saw your post... WOW !!!
will check it & update you on the improvements & drawbacks if there are any....

Once again thanks for your efforts... keep up your good work bro....

Reactions: Medina
Take your time.
Btw, is it based on the 3.8.9 version?

Yes.

WTH ! , you broke your promise bro .... GREAT to find your update on saturday itself !
I love your ROM. thanks for that.... I was wondering which ROM to flash now on my Mi2S... then i saw your post... WOW !!!
will check it & update you on the improvements & drawbacks if there are any....

Once again thanks for your efforts... keep up your good work bro....

Thanks!

@Medina: You must give a unique name for your custom ROM. it is not sufficient to just call it as an english only ROM for Xiaomi Mi2S.... please find a name for yourself or let the users of your ROM suggest one name each , then you choose the best one...
by this way atleast we salute you by giving credit to your hard work....

what do you say bro ?

Reactions: Marqc and SM26