[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Excuse me, can't I simply use MiPcSuite? That steps aren't so easy for me..
I don't mean to be rude, but why don't you read back the forum the past 10, 20 pages or so? You'll probably find your answers or impossibilities there and it just takes 20 minutes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

I don't mean to be rude, but why don't you read back the forum the past 10, 20 pages or so? You'll probably find your answers or impossibilities there and it just takes 20 minutes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did it, but I lost contact with this forum and in general with updates from very long time, so I think I lost a lot of information. I didn't understand why new releases have all this problems.
If you can please tell me in short how can I update I thank you, otherwise doesn't matter.

I can't help you with a shortcut, as to my understandings there is none, you've got to work, it's all been described here.

I just realize what's making my apps stop working in background like WhatsApp and play store , with late notification and apps stop downloading even when I on the autostart in security. The miui battery optimization. Fixing it, I just off the battery optimization, install greenify and add all aps that I don't need to keep updating in background. Solve. All this time, I kept thinking that late notification bug is back.

Sent from my 2014811 using Tapatalk

I just realize what's making my apps stop working in background like WhatsApp and play store , with late notification and apps stop downloading even when I on the autostart in security. The miui battery optimization. Fixing it, I just off the battery optimization, install greenify and add all aps that I don't need to keep updating in background. Solve. All this time, I kept thinking that late notification bug is back.

That is a good idea, I have the same 'bug'.
I just checked...it is possible to customise the settings per app. I will test it.
Maybe you don't need greenify.

@all Mi4c owners: any problems with the current 1.14 version regarding blocked bootloader as mentioned for the normal MIUI?

That is a good idea, I have the same 'bug'.
I just checked...it is possible to customise the settings per app. I will test it.
Maybe you don't need greenify.
Its possible to customize each app. Already check. But too much hassle for me. I just add add to greenify that I'm sure don't want to work background. Two tap only. + button and scroll to apps. On miui you have to scroll, tap app, and there's two option you need to adjust. But its doable. I'm just freakin lazy.

Well... removing AnalyticsCore (never needed for use in MIUI before! ) or reboot via power menu makes never ending bootloop (stays on sMiUI7 logo forever).
Good to have TWRP backup...
Will test it soon after I install 6.1.14 again with hope it will boot up :p

Edit: It was AnalyticsCore... Uff

Mi2s

Last edited:
Its possible to customize each app. Already check. But too much hassle for me. I just add add to greenify that I'm sure don't want to work background. Two tap only. + button and scroll to apps. On miui you have to scroll, tap app, and there's two option you need to adjust. But its doable. I'm just freakin lazy.

I'm not sure I know about this? Where is the "optimization" thing? In the Battery menu?
How can you use it? and how to set exceptions for the apps?

I'm not sure I know about this? Where is the "optimization" thing? In the Battery menu?
How can you use it? and how to set exceptions for the apps?
Its in setting - additional setting - battery & performance - manage app battery usage. You got 3 power saving modes with custom battery setting for apps.

when i listening music i'm still getting some sound like it crash sometimes.. very often actually.. and also time to time when i open whatsapp, it just stay in blank (but if i click somewhere it opens a chat), i have to close it and open it again once or twice..

any ideas?

mi2s with 14.1.6

when i listening music i'm still getting some sound like it crash sometimes.. very often actually.. and also time to time when i open whatsapp, it just stay in blank (but if i click somewhere it opens a chat), i have to close it and open it again once or twice..

any ideas?

mi2s with 14.1.6

I have reported it ages ago but Xiaomi doesn't give a flying fu.. about it due to not enough confirmations:
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=190073&mobile=2
If you can't stand how contact photo is displayed in call window check that too :
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208282&mobile=2

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Mi2s user here. 6.1.14
I'm having problems with play store and SMS. After a few minutes/hours of use I can't install any more apps from play store, the app is downloaded and then hangs forever on installing. When this happens, I also know that I won't receive any SMS. After I reboot the phone the apps will install normally and also I'll receive all the SMSes that I missed.

Can you tell me how to have heads up notifications with smiui on mi2s? It doesn't display the content of my whatsapp message for example

Isn't that setting needed for them?
In Notifications:
5d3438ded051f647182b8ef5fc5db57d.jpg

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

I have these settings already active but after the first notification the heads up doesn't show text anymore, unlike cm12.1

What does that mean for Mi4c? I am planning to buy one in the near future...

@sebsch: please have a close look on this and please do not issue sMIUI versions that lock the bootloader...

Sorry für pushing but any comments/news on this?

Last edited:
Sorry für pushi but any comments/news on this?
It means that you'll be NOT able to flash any custom Roms such as CM or AOSP based ROMS or any kind of device tweaks that require you to have a custom recovery. Though you can unlock the boot loader, but for now, it's a very lengthy and tiresome process.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Matze002
Thank you ever so much for your immediate reply, that is really bad news. Huawei's Honor 6 looks a bit better now as an alternative to the Mi4c, IMHO....

Thank you ever so much for your immediate reply, that is really bad news. Huawei's Honor 6 looks a bit better now as an alternative to the Mi4c, IMHO....
Afaik, Huawei also releases phones with locked bootloaders. Actually, many OEMs do the same. An OEM is considered "geek minded" if it releases devices with unlocked bootloaders.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk