[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

This is because adblock! Disable it, unfortunately...

Arh, man, do I have to reflash or can I just replace a hosts file?

well, I tried disabling the ad-blocker in the browser settings- no effect. And I have replaced the host-file with MOA-September version, both methods failed, so the redirect-link still doesn't open in the smiui-browser.

as work-around I would like to set opera-browser as standard browser, but I'm kind of lost in the system settings menu. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how-to?

This rom (kernel) suports undervolt?

i tried but without effects.
I gave root permissions to the app and i installed busybox. nothing happens.

well, I tried disabling the ad-blocker in the browser settings- no effect. And I have replaced the host-file with MOA-September version, both methods failed, so the redirect-link still doesn't open in the smiui-browser.

as work-around I would like to set opera-browser as standard browser, but I'm kind of lost in the system settings menu. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how-to?

AH! I thought it was my CM browser! So save yourself the trouble. I have frozen the miui browser, and use CM Browser as default.
Same issue.

However I do not why to disable AdBlocker myself as I really like it. (Besides this.)
Especially when I see people complaining about ads, I usually think: what are they talking about it!?

So I copy/paste the rare time it occurs

Now I think off it... maybe I should check my YouTube in my Browser. Doesn't load. Maybe the same issue....

For anyone having problems opening links with the stock browser, install Short URL Resolver from playstore! ;-)

Or other browsers...

Let me give some love to the CM Browser though... I used to be an avid Chrome Browser fan. CM is really light, quick, full screen (love that, some sites almost become cool apps), clean, solid, stable etc. Not sure on Chrome sync / bookmarks / history. Prolly not. (But what I do on my devices, stays on my device, I do not like it connected personally.) My friend ended up switching too. So you guys might want to check it out.

Tested Short URL Resolver... Thanks! First glance: like a charm! Works on my youtube and so, but not on the example given above. Might be CM, maybe not on MIUI browsers... Can others confirm...

Last edited:
Reactions: rendolf
Short URL Resolver is a nice workaround for users like me who like the stock browser. For non working links I prefer to use Puffin browser ;-)

Reactions: rendolf
with wiui v5 browser it was not a problem, but since smiui the internetbrowser cannot handle redirect-links ; whenever there's a link f.e. in tapatalk and I press it, the browser comes with "can't load this page".

then I copy the page url and paste it in opera browser, which handles it well.

does anyone recognize this browser-behavior and have a solution?

here's an example of a redirect-link:

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=af42453c9de5ccbf9d1df47b302ef433&out=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qSY_0MuwNk&subId=tapatalk
This is no magic or secret voodoo spell ^^ ..
It´s simply the AdBlocker I am using in sMIUI.

AdBlocking with hosts File works as follows:
- Your device wants to enter a website, webservice or any other IP based service.
- It usually uses DomainNames for that connection
- A Domain Name is set to an IP-Address and has to be resolved because IP Traffic only works with IP Addresses
- The First Point where your Device asks for the IP-Address of the Domain it wants to connect to is the local /etc/hosts File ! (if there is no entry for the specific Domain it would do the next step and ask a Domain Name Server on the internet!)
- AdBlocking here just tells your Device that the Domain Name it is searching for has got the IP Address 127.0.0.1
- That looks like this in hosts File:
127.0.0.1 viglink.com
127.0.0.1 api.viglink.com
127.0.0.1 redirect.viglink.com
127.0.0.1 www.viglink.com
127.0.0.1 cdn.viglink.com

- 127.0.0.1 is a standard and is the IP-Address of "localhost" -> your own Device !!!
- So AdBlocking tells your Device that the Service or Server it is looking for is located on itself..
- Actually there is no service for sure ... and so the Ad, Website, or any other Service which is blocked by hosts would not show up because it cannot find any service on your local device!

Im not the creator and I dont decide which Domain should be blocked or not. Im just adding the latest Version to the ROM.

But you can easily modify it by yourself.
-Just take Apps like root Explorer and edit the hosts File in text mode.
-Remove the lines you dont want to have blocked and save the file!
-Reboot and youre done!

You would have to do it again when you flash new ROM, as your changes will be lost then...

I will add new Feature to disable AdBlocker for specific Domains in next release, so stay tuned ;)

However I do not why to disable AdBlocker myself as I really like it. (Besides this.)
Especially when I see people complaining about ads, I usually think: what are they talking about it!?

Yeah I know what you mean, hence the "unfortunately" in my comment. I also like adblock

In addition to this Post ..
Here you have a little HowTo for the new sMIUI allow hosts Feature coming with next release 4.12.12 !

Lets take rendolfs problem as an example:
He wants to access http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=af ...

The Domain you want to have allowed by the AdBlocker is redirect.viglink.com

After flashing sMIUI 4.12.12 and following releases you will find a file sMIUI_allow_hosts in your /sdcard/ directory!
Edit this file with a TextEditor App like Root-Explorer.
You can also edit the file on your computer and push it to your phones /sdcard after editing!

Just add the Domain you want to allow to the list, save it and reboot.
You´re done !

The domain will not be blocked anymore, even for future releases of sMIUI or other hosts Files !

I use AdAway, it's better than adblocker ;)
I can add custom whitelist and blacklist :)

Ps. AdAway stop tapatalk redirect, too, but I add then in whitelist :)

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
I use AdAway, it's better than adblocker ;)
I can add custom whitelist and blacklist :)

Ps. AdAway stop tapatalk redirect, too, but I add then in whitelist :)
What do you mean with "adblocker" ..
The adblock feature used in sMIUI is actually the hosts file provided by AdAway...
I just take it and put it into the weekly ROM so other users dont have to download and install AdAway by theirselves.

Hi to all,

I would like to have some information regarding this rom. Now I am on Mokee, but I would move to sMIUI but is there anyone that have tested the two?

Trying to flash 4.12.5. Boot loop. Flashing 4.12.3 no problem... Dont know whats happening. Can some one help me?

Recovery CWM 6.0.5.0 TDB enabled

Hi to all,

I would like to have some information regarding this rom. Now I am on Mokee, but I would move to sMIUI but is there anyone that have tested the two?
I have tested both of them. What do you want to know? Speed? Mokee would be slightly faster than sMIUI since the latter is based on MIUI which has many animated moves. Design? sMIUI is great for that. Updates? They both are getting weekly updates.

Sorry for the confusion about the Experimental Release and the 5.x.x Name.
Its right I stopped working on it, since Xiaomi will release an official international build.
Anyway here is experimental Version with all current features, based on official MIUI 4.12.10.
German language included.
sMIUI_v6_5.12.10_aries.zip

Doy you have any information when will Xiaomi release official international build of MIUI6 for Mi2S?

Official? Never, it's already official the special edition
Ur wrong, the promised official dev version based on JB. Special Version shouldn't be called official. It has some sort of Xiaomi support and has weekly versions, but it's maintained by Ivan.

Official? Never, it's already official the special edition

The MIUI6 special edition for Mi2S is just ported ROM, so it is not official development ROM. Xiaomi has promised official development release for December.