[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

moved to Mi4c and it seems that WSM is not working anymore...

is there any way i can remove the text under the icons on stock launcher of MIUI ?

I need some help,i have problem with this rom Smiui in my redmi note 2.I installed the 5.10.22 rom hermes smiui on my redmi note 2 and i have this error in the basic music player app:The error or bug name its called nav_local_song.

Basically i cant use another music player,because the basic music player on the rom smiui have this error: nav.local_song i installed two times the rom and do the usually wipes for twrp recovery:

*Wipe cache
*wipe data
*Wipe dalvik
*Wipe system
*Wype internal storage

The two times i installed the rom have the same issue.Before i installed the 5.10..22, installed another version called 5.9.30 smiui in that version the music player was working fine but for some unknown reason appeared that nasty bug the nav_local_song.I need help so please i need some advice to fix quickly this issue.Thank you so much for reading me and waiting for a reply.

About info of the error of the bug nav_local_song the only information was this post but only for the redmi 1 s:

http://en.miui.com/thread-171667-1-1.html

Last edited:
Try to delete MIUI directory from external storage (not system).Then reboot. Maybe can help

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Try to delete MIUI directory from external storage (not system).Then reboot. Maybe can help

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI
I try your method and it doesnt work :( I flashed 3 times the 5.10.22 smiui with full wipes using TWRP recovery and i cant quit that nasty bug...Please can you help what options i need to get rid this issue? Install stable or go back to miui 6?I need a stable rom with all the fixes and language spanish.

Edit:Nevermind right now i installed the stable version and finally the issue gets fixed, i dont have the nav_local_song in the music app player.Thanks for your support addamas.

Last edited:
I try your method and it doesnt work :( I flashed 3 times the 5.10.22 smiui with full wipes using TWRP recovery and i cant quit that nasty bug...Please can you help what options i need to get rid this issue? Install stable or go back to miui 6?I need a stable rom with all the fixes and language spanish.

Edit:Nevermind right now i installed the stable version and finally the issue gets fixed, i dont have the nav_local_song in the music app player.Thanks for your support addamas.

Just wait for the next sMiUi version, I think it will be fixed.

Check out this post:
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=171667&pid=3323179

Reactions: alexei_gp
Thanks but right now i have the stable version Miui V7 in my redmi note 2 and my life is much easier.I dont want to deal anymore with smiui roms.

But keep in mind, it isn't the smiui problem,because it"s based on the actual eu version, so if there is a major bug in the eu version there will be in the smiui version.It isn't Seb's mistake.

Yup, that's MIUI EU problem. To be honest you were first person to mention this bug. I am waiting for next update to have music player fixed. Not sure but when I had MPDecision turned off there were no problems with music... No throtting may cause it.

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Reactions: pollozzo
sMiui is working beautifully, however I am stuck on version 5.9.24 since I cannot update any more:
- Updater : if I choos update package, I get the nasty error 'unfortunately, Update has stopped' I cleared data & cache on the app already, still get the error afterwards.
- MI Recovery : i try to flash update.zip, but it skips right away to 99% and does not install it
- TWRP : I can use the full 32GB of MI2S, but TWRP sees no partitions and so I cannot select update.zip Main problem here : mounting the main SDCARD-partition does not work. errormessage : unable to mount '/sdcard'"

I'm stuck on 5.9.24 , or I have to remove everything, start again ?..

Last edited:
sMiui is working beautifully, however I am stuck on version 5.9.24 since I cannot update any more:
- Updater : if I choos update package, I get the nasty error 'unfortunately, Update has stopped' I cleared data & cache on the app already, still get the error afterwards.
- MI Recovery : i try to flash update.zip, but it skips right away to 99% and does not install it
- TWRP : I can use the full 32GB of MI2S, but TWRP sees no partitions and so I cannot select update.zip Main problem here : mounting the main SDCARD-partition does not work. errormessage : unable to mount '/sdcard'"

I'm stuck on 5.9.24 , or I have to remove everything, start again ?..

Updater won't work for now, AFAIK Xiaomi added a verification to the updater and only allows the official roms.

However, it's strange that TWRP isn't working. Perhaps you could try with CWM, here's a workaround to get it working with the actual merged partition layout and in english. (I've tested this method and it works for flashing sMiUI).

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-ivans-aosp-lollipop-5-1.27413/page-15#post-245940

Reactions: geert74
New update will be OK, but may be some problems with Chinese characters in new global search.
These bugs will be not sebsch fault but translators :p

+ vibration settings are back :)

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

It's weird. I cooked rom ( sMiUI_v7_aries_5.10.29_M4LUOG ) without supersu as always and now it looks like there is no root?! How to turn it on? Did it ages ago :p

What happened with it? Permission control is unable to be set so no root, autostart, permissions settings.
Are you sure that it's developer version? You said that stable will be available next week. :p

Came back to 5.10.22 backup...

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Last edited:
In the stable there isn't the root permissisions menu, but the others menu works. I think it's a bug, try recooking the rom

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Reactions: Addamas
Stable ROMs are now available on smiui.net.
Full wipe is highly recommended when installing over latest Octobre ROMs !

It's weird. I cooked rom ( sMiUI_v7_aries_5.10.29_M4LUOG ) without supersu as always and now it looks like there is no root?! How to turn it on? Did it ages ago :p

What happened with it? Permission control is unable to be set so no root, autostart, permissions settings.
Are you sure that it's developer version? You said that stable will be available next week. :p

Came back to 5.10.22 backup...

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI
Should work as every week. Can someone confirm ?
Try to reinstall the ROM, maybe check your partition layout and the version in Settings -> Systeminfo

Reactions: FalconX71
In the stable there isn't the root permissisions menu, but the others menu works. I think it's a bug, try recooking the rom

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~
You were right, recooking fixed it :)
Problem was related to buggy cooked fast rom. Thank you!

But had to manually add root apps, autostart and permissions again because there was reset of them.

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Last edited:
@sebsch1991 wil it work when I want to download the Center Clock Mod and apply it to Android 5.1 Oxygen? I'm using MiHome Launcher on my OPT