[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Unicode MMS mod installed with updater app/mirecovery, at xiaomi.eu rom 5.10.29 will work?

Last edited:
@sebsch1991 one more question!
First I completely reset my phone via fastboot and miflash with xiaomi.eu 5.10.29 (Chinese), then flashed same version multilanguage via mi recovery with wipe cache and user data before flashing and only cache after flashing.
What should I wipe before/alter flashing with MIrecovery your 5.10.29 version (not stable)?
Because at smiui.net no wipe is needed on how to

did someone test the stable ? it is worth to try it regards battery life?

pd: i'm still having issues when i press and apk and it doesnt open but it make the animation

For me xiaomi.eu stable (not smiui) had battery drain issues and I changed it.
Ingzbry said that last dev version is more stable than stable version

Ghost touches. :(
did someone test the stable ? it is worth to try it regards battery life?

pd: i'm still having issues when i press and apk and it doesnt open but it make the animation

After a clean install, I tested stable and I was getting FC on Messaging (default sms apk). Reinstalled sMiUI mod for Unicode and it kept FC.

Again wiped everything (MiFlash using flash all option) and decided to go for smiui 5.10.29. It was okay until this morning when I woke up, after opening whatsapp the phone started with ghost touches! I hoped that it was just a software problem. (It seems that 5.10.29 was pulled from the China MiUi version and it's been rebuild, had to many bugs, don't know if Xiaomi.eu version was affected too).

Cleaned everything one more time and went with sMiUI 5.10.22 (No SuperSU and no center clock mod, two options that I remember not having enabled when I didn't had any problems with the touch). Installed with MiRecovery.

So far so good, ghost touches are gone, also until now didn't notice the issue with the touch not opening on the first click. Only single problem that I got was that I checked the MiXplorer apk and it isn't installed (edit. default file explorer and video player aren't installed too).

Last edited:
Reactions: ramir0
Is it normal that sometimes (happened two times on two different rom version) my mi4w completely crashed using the rom and i have to force reboot?

5.11.1 has been released (5.10.29 with fixed few bugs). There will be there sMIUI based on it or we should wait for next release?

Mi2S everything except music shattering works fine :p

Edit: it's visual bug or when GPS is on there is also working Wi-Fi? There was something similar few weeks ago...

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Last edited:
@sebsch1991, maybe stupid and selfish question but can you somehow add "no icon labels" mod in the kitchen ?
since WSM won't work on Mi4C and Note 2, some users maybe interested in it (me mostly ^^ :)

@sebsch1991, maybe stupid and selfish question but can you somehow add "no icon labels" mod in the kitchen ?
since WSM won't work on Mi4C and Note 2, some users maybe interested in it (me mostly ^^ :)
48f90d0cf6d8f6fe88a22d8f015557cb.jpg

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

damn... how ?

I tried everything on my Mi4c and it's not working.. from what i've red i assumed its the same with Note 2
that's on sMiui ?

It's on Deer ROM (a modified sMIUI ROM for Redmi Note 2, search on xda-developers)
Maybe if the developer tell us how he did it :)

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

After a clean install, I tested stable and I was getting FC on Messaging (default sms apk). Reinstalled sMiUI mod for Unicode and it kept FC.

Again wiped everything (MiFlash using flash all option) and decided to go for smiui 5.10.29. It was okay until this morning when I woke up, after opening whatsapp the phone started with ghost touches! I hoped that it was just a software problem. (It seems that 5.10.29 was pulled from the China MiUi version and it's been rebuild, had to many bugs, don't know if Xiaomi.eu version was affected too).

Cleaned everything one more time and went with sMiUI 5.10.22 (No SuperSU and no center clock mod, two options that I remember not having enabled when I didn't had any problems with the touch). Installed with MiRecovery.

So far so good, ghost touches are gone, also until now didn't notice the issue with the touch not opening on the first click. Only single problem that I got was that I checked the MiXplorer apk and it isn't installed (edit. default file explorer and video player aren't installed too).

Weird i have the stable version(not smiui rom) installed on my redmi note 2 and dont have fc in messaging or whatever your call it...One question whats the meaning of FC? its the first time i heard it.

Weird i have the stable version(not smiui rom) installed on my redmi note 2 and dont have fc in messaging or whatever your call it...One question whats the meaning of FC? its the first time i heard it.
FC means Force Closed. And I tested sMiUI stable with Unicode MMS mod.

I'm on a Mi2s and a long time ago a lot of people complained regarding ghost touch problems. Luckily mine problem was just the software and went away now.

coupon:REDMISAM XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 2 32gb http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_229218.html?wid=3 (in EU warehouse ) Price:$176

coupon:MI4CJV xiaomi mi4c 16GB White http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_241901.html
Price:$231.99

Coupon: MI4CBSAM xiaomi mi4c 16GB black http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_241902.html
Price:$232

Hey guys, here are some coupon codes for xiaomi phones I just received from my gearbest contact. If you need some discounts for other xiaomi devices, just let me know, I will ask him :)

hello, I have installed the latest version of the ROM for MI2S (10.5.29) and I would like to report a bug (already present in previous versions but less obvious): after the screen is locked, reactivation, you can not access to the drop down menu. I noticed that by cleaning with integrated tool in the rom, the pull-down menu, it's usable but up to the next block, because then locks again. If I disable the block function, the pull-down menu works fine. Also, if you install a screen alternative lock, the pull-down menu it's ok. thank you

hello, I have installed the latest version of the ROM for MI2S (10.5.29) and I would like to report a bug (already present in previous versions but less obvious): after the screen is locked, reactivation, you can not access to the drop down menu. I noticed that by cleaning with integrated tool in the rom, the pull-down menu, it's usable but up to the next block, because then locks again. If I disable the block function, the pull-down menu works fine. Also, if you install a screen alternative lock, the pull-down menu it's ok. thank you

Do you mean this?

https://app.box.com/s/vl5wm6hfftcy6posth1jye73siarc0z0

As you can see I don't have problems like this in my mi2s with 5.10.29...

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Dizplay

nice info about not opening touches. One question: if i dont get SuperSU anyway, i can have rooted phone from security apk ?

Sounds like your wiped data after you installed sMiUI. When wiping data always do it BEFORE flashing the ROM !

Reactions: nightmike
Sounds like your wiped data after you installed sMiUI. When wiping data always do it BEFORE flashing the ROM !

You're right. I wiped all with MiRecovery, however I thought is was like a restore factory default. Sorry, my mistake and thanks for clarifying this.