[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Mi2s with 6.1.21 = wifi problem.
Wifi disconnect sometimes and I need reset Mi2s for connect it.

(sorry for my english)

Other people have same issue.
I'm Mi2s owner and Wifi runs fine.
No disconnection after 5h...
(I think to be really lucky)

Other feedback about this please...

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello together,

today I tried to update my Mi4 to latent Smiui with Android M...unfortunately with updater app. The Phone rebooted into Mi recovery and said "update failed". I then tried to Reboot to System 1 and it got stuck in Mi logo and rebooted itself every Minute or so.
So I went back to recovery to boot to System 2. Phone is booting into System succesfully, but several processes do not work, updater can't install anything, USB is not working, SIM card not recognized and it's rebooting every 5 minutes.
I decided to flash Twrp with fastboot, but still USB is not working, so the PC is always Waiting for Phone...

I have no idea what to do now...can anybody help??

I had the same, I can't confirm I still have though.. maybe it's because when the wifi signal becomes weak it loses connection and it doesnt automatically connect again. i really dont know.

Ok I found it... something wrong with kernel 3.4.0 revision 00625

@sebsch1991 I'm back to kernel 00624 extracted from miui_MI2Global_V7.1.2.0.LXAMICK_9407576128_5.0.zip

The wifi connection is now strong and steady again as it should be

I'm still on 6.1.21, so no cache nor dalvik wipe... just a kernel downgrade

Last edited:
Reactions: XiaomiNexus
Is my mi3 bricked? :(

I tried to flash 6.1.21 without merging partition. I forgot to flash 5.12.17 before flash to 6.1.21. Now I cant able to switch on my mi3. Cant boot into bootloader or recovery. When I connect it to PC It showing 4 or 5 partition and asked for format. Dont know what to do now? Someone plz help me.

Does the current version of sMiui has root? Many users updated to the latest version report that root access was lost....

Is my mi3 bricked? :(

I tried to flash 6.1.21 without merging partition. I forgot to flash 5.12.17 before flash to 6.1.21. Now I cant able to switch on my mi3. Cant boot into bootloader or recovery. When I connect it to PC It showing 4 or 5 partition and asked for format. Dont know what to do now? Someone plz help me.
Use fastboot to restore rom, helped for me

Ok I found it... something wrong with kernel 3.4.0 revision 00625

@sebsch1991 I'm back to kernel 00624 extracted from miui_MI2Global_V7.1.2.0.LXAMICK_9407576128_5.0.zip

The wifi connection is now strong and steady again as it should be

I'm still on 6.1.21, so no cache nor dalvik wipe... just a kernel downgrade
Please, how can I flash only the kernel?
Thank you!

Please, how can I flash only the kernel?
Thank you!

it's easy
Mi2s phones
- Download http://bigota.d.miui.com/V7.1.2.0.LXAMICK/miui_MI2Global_V7.1.2.0.LXAMICK_9407576128_5.0.zip
-
Extract the boot.img file
- reboot the phone in fastboot mode (VOL- and POWER)
- connect the USB cable (drivers and adb tools needed)
- from a linux or windows shell or prompt type
fastboot boot boot.img
and wait 30 seconds...

this command will boot the phone with the old kernel revision 00624. So you can test it with no changes on your phone. The original kernel is still in place so if you reboot the phone the original kernel 00625 will be loaded again. To make the fix permanent you need to flash the boot.img or replace the boot.img into the smiui 6.1.21 zip file and install it like a normal rom update from TWRP or similar recovery tool

Let me know if the old kernel fixes your wifi issue as well

Last edited:
Reactions: XiaomiNexus
good to know! I've always appreciated the wiui 1242mhz-kernel for it's battery life and performance!

@Sebsch , would be a nice option in the kitchen to add 1 or 2 extra kernels to choose from, what is your opinion on this?

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

@rendolf, it's not a good idea to switch back to an older boot.img because there's a customized initramfs in it

My post was only ment to verify the wifi issue with a compatible boot system

The clean way is to extract the zImage kernel from a compatible package and reassemble the boot.img with the original initramfs wich in fact I did after the test.

Reactions: rendolf
Hello,

As some people said, I have some problems to install the lastest 6.1.21 on my Mi4. I first install the 5.12.17 as described in the changelog to merge partition, but when trying to install MIUI M it stopped when flashing system.

I'm on CWM 6.0.5.1 r11, and I also tryed it on TWRP, same problem ! Can anybody help ?

Anybody successfully flashed this rom. I am on new partition mm layout with miui 6.1.21 installed. Used both twrp and mirecovery but no success.

Get an error: failed update.zip signature verification.

Hello,

As some people said, I have some problems to install the lastest 6.1.21 on my Mi4. I first install the 5.12.17 as described in the changelog to merge partition, but when trying to install MIUI M it stopped when flashing system.

I'm on CWM 6.0.5.1 r11, and I also tryed it on TWRP, same problem ! Can anybody help ?
Hi !

I just figure it out.

I was in Smiui 5.12.3. Then I upgraded to the 5.12.17 (linked) in the first post vie the updater app.
Then I reboot (and checked the version on miui). OK !

Then I flashify the TWRP 2.8.7.0 and launch the recovery
Flash the new 6.1.21 update (ignore the errors)
I got this :

"got mount failed to mount dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data device or resource busy"
Anyway I just waited on "Flash System Partition..."

Then the script write another "Flash System Partition..." line

and then the real stuff :
"customizing..."
"removing obsolete" ...etc

Rebooting the phone
Wiat around 5 minutes (yeah it's that long ...) and Enjoy !

Anyway, it's working, I have several FC for app like FB Messenger, Facebook, Youtube that just close after 3 seconds...
EDIT : Wipe cache / dalvik cache and it's okay again :)
EDIT2: Any Xposed yet ?! I think i'm gonna wait :(

The sound mod isn't working too, I was used too and now it's so low !

Thanks for everything =)

Last edited:
it's easy
Mi2s phones
- Download http://bigota.d.miui.com/V7.1.2.0.LXAMICK/miui_MI2Global_V7.1.2.0.LXAMICK_9407576128_5.0.zip
-
Extract the boot.img file
- reboot the phone in fastboot mode (VOL- and POWER)
- connect the USB cable (drivers and adb tools needed)
- from a linux or windows shell or prompt type
fastboot boot boot.img
and wait 30 seconds...

this command will boot the phone with the old kernel revision 00624. So you can test it with no changes on your phone. The original kernel is still in place so if you reboot the phone the original kernel 00625 will be loaded again. To make the fix permanent you need to flash the boot.img or replace the boot.img into the smiui 6.1.21 zip file and install it like a normal rom update from TWRP or similar recovery tool

Let me know if the old kernel fixes your wifi issue as well
I'll try this :)
Thank you

Hi !

I just figure it out.

I was in Smiui 5.12.3. Then I upgraded to the 5.12.17 (linked) in the first post vie the updater app.
Then I reboot (and checked the version on miui). OK !

Then I flashify the TWRP 2.8.7.0 and launch the recovery
Flash the new 6.1.21 update (ignore the errors)
I got this :

"got mount failed to mount dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data device or resource busy"
Anyway I just waited on "Flash System Partition..."

Then the script write another "Flash System Partition..." line

and then the real stuff :
"customizing..."
"removing obsolete" ...etc

Rebooting the phone
Wiat around 5 minutes (yeah it's that long ...) and Enjoy !

Anyway, it's working, I have several FC for app like FB Messenger, Facebook, Youtube that just close after 3 seconds...
The sound mod isn't working too, I was used too and now it's so low !

Thanks for everything =)

I tried this several times. So a went back to 5.12.3, then install the 5.12.17 via the updater app, everything works fine. But when I want to install the 6.1.21, it "failed to extract dir from "system" to "/system"" And then I got an error executing updater binary in zip... I think I'm done for today ! I can stay on KK few days more !