[rom] Sudamod 5.1

of course every new rom comes out with new partition layout. just zip the patch of an older version. nothing has changed
I think the boot image changes so not really sure about that.So i wanted to find an old patch to replace the boot.img from rom but the file was removed.I tried nevertheless and installed, had a successful boot but had some problems with sdcard detection.Anyways i didn't really liked that blueish color and CM12.1 by eleven i'm using is quite stable so far for anyone who wants to try it

I think the boot image changes so not really sure about that.So i wanted to find an old patch to replace the boot.img from rom but the file was removed.I tried nevertheless and installed, had a successful boot but had some problems with sdcard detection.Anyways i didn't really liked that blueish color and CM12.1 by eleven i'm using is quite stable so far for anyone who wants to try it
Not the best question in this forum, but what keeps you in the old system layout? There are plenty of disadvantages in Lollipop Era! And the biggest is the limitation of the apps space!

https://yadi.sk/d/oIGTINgojF8Jw patch for elevens cm

Not the best question in this forum, but what keeps you in the old system layout? There are plenty of disadvantages in Lollipop Era! And the biggest is the limitation of the apps space!

https://yadi.sk/d/oIGTINgojF8Jw patch for elevens cm
Well i hardly use 1/3 of the 4 gb partition i made for apps with repartition script.I have 40 apps installed and the main usage of phone is browsing and mails so i don't need the advantage of big space.The primary reason though is that i mainly use kitkat, still testing a lot lollipop roms for stabillity and changing partition layout all the time is pain in the ass.Also i don't know what happens when you need to wipe data from apps in the unified layout.Does it wipe the whole partition?This isn't very practical when you have a lot media files.I guess data is a virtual partition that can be wiped seperately from recovery, right?Thanx for the patch link although i already got it since i'm using CM12.1 with the old layout.

P.S. Not quite the right place either, but does anyone know how to change the color (or make it transparent) of app drawer without using xposed or another launcher?

Last edited:
Well i hardly use 1/3 of the 4 gb partition i made for apps with repartition script.I have 40 apps installed and the main usage of phone is browsing and mails so i don't need the advantage of big space.The primary reason though is that i mainly use kitkat, still testing a lot lollipop roms for stabillity and changing partition layout all the time is pain in the ass.Also i don't know what happens when you need to wipe data from apps in the unified layout.Does it wipe the whole partition?This isn't very practical when you have a lot media files.I guess data is a virtual partition that can be wiped seperately from recovery, right?Thanx for the patch link although i already got it since i'm using CM12.1 with the old layout.

P.S. Not quite the right place either, but does anyone know how to change the color (or make it transparent) of app drawer without using xposed or another launcher?

Wiping "data" partition except "data/media/0" it says and you understand that you don't lose anything of course (TWRP 286,7) plus you don't have to search every time for a patch! I totally suggest you to merge the partitions... via MiFlash4Linux packages of M1cha which you can find at XDA.

Wiping "data" partition except "data/media/0" it says and you understand that you don't lose anything of course (TWRP 286,7) plus you don't have to search every time for a patch! I totally suggest you to merge the partitions... via MiFlash4Linux packages of M1cha which you can find at XDA.

If I merge partitions... can do I have 2 operative systems? ;)

PD: if there's any tutorial, please put a link, i will be pleased ;)

What about other user made folders?E.g i have a folder with some apps that i install after every new rom flash.

What about other user made folders?E.g i have a folder with some apps that i install after every new rom flash.
Of course it works without problems. Every folder in data media 0 is there every time...
If I merge partitions... can do I have 2 operative systems? ;)

PD: if there's any tutorial, please put a link, i will be pleased ;)
Of course you can. But lollipops doesn't support dual boot because of security issues. Tutorial you can find in en.miui.com . You need first a full wipe and i mean full.. Nothing lasts. Brand new phone so make a backup. As for the dual boot there is Micha who builds EFIdroid. A multi boot ready bootloader. So if you wait enough this is a big solution

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Some feedback concerning the following issues would be great:

1. battery life
2. installation process (I'm insterested in unmerged partitions version, gapps etc.)
3. bugs

thanks in advance

1. As every CM based 5.1.1 for Mi2 the deep sleep is really deep deep deep sleep. The bad? No alarm! No Wi-Fi the good? Battery life

2. Merge the partitions dude. There are only advantages. Try M1chas Miflash4Linux from xda to create a huge system partition with merged data

3. The same with every 5.1.1

Reactions: treiliert
I've a question, dt2w can be disable? i'm using the version 7.30.15 and i can't disable it.

Thanks

1. As every CM based 5.1.1 for Mi2 the deep sleep is really deep deep deep sleep. The bad? No alarm! No Wi-Fi the good? Battery life

2. Merge the partitions dude. There are only advantages. Try M1chas Miflash4Linux from xda to create a huge system partition with merged data

3. The same with every 5.1.1

I want to merge partitions (M1chas Miflash4Linux ) have you got a guide/tutorial?

Thanks!

Flac files working and MI Band do not lose connection after you turn off on Bluetooth?

I want to merge partitions (M1chas Miflash4Linux ) have you got a guide/tutorial?

Thanks!
[1. Flash sMIUI 5.3.27 (latest KK for Mi2s)<br />2. Download MIPCSUITE and flash latest MIUI v7 as http://en.miui.com/thread-107586-1-1.html says]<br /><br />

You can begin from here <br /><br />
3. Download M1cha's "aries unified single" package from MiFlash4Linux thread at XDA in Original Android Development<br />
4. UnZip the aries unified single, search for recovery.img then<br />
5. Open your smartphone in Fastboot mode, and type in the PC console a. "fastboot oem unlock" b. "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and then you have TWRP 2.8.7.0 which can save your phone, open in Recovery mode, and make a full EFS backup from backup menu just to be sure. of course you should already unzip the recovery from the compressed file <br />
6. Download MiFlash and flash the two scripts as Micha says in his post. I mean the first to install custom bootloader and the second to repartition your phone. It's simple, you just fastboot your phone, you select under the browse menu of MiFlash and in the first place which ask a script, you enter flash core bat at first and then the repartition bat. (it will reboot after each flash, dont worry, just dont forget to press Refresh in the MiFlash). please read Michael's statement about the custom boot loader it's written with red letters<br />
7. After you flash the two scripts, Open in Recovery again and in the Wipe Menu when you go to wipe sth there is a script for repartition. Repartition all of them (Don't forget to remove any TWRP theme that you have install in previous versions of this recovery)<br />
8. You are able to flash anything on your fresh phone.<br /><br /><br />Make it work make it better... just make it. F@@c TDB just wait for efidroid

Last edited:
Reactions: salamero