[ROM] WiUi v5 [Cancro] [4.4]

linuxx

Members
Jul 6, 2013
v5lmwy.jpg

The first custom Rom for Xiaomi Mi3
Features:
- Based off lastest Miui
- 20+ languages(Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinesse, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian-Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Turkish)
- Google Apps
- sysctl
- zipalign
- fstrim
- init.d
- root
- busybox
- Qualcomm-Optimized Dalvik and Bionic Libraries
- Swype Keyboard
- optimizes framework and apps
- optimized battery usage
- ads host blocker
- tweaks
- CWM recovery
- Wsm Tools

Coming...
>Aroma installer
>More optimizations
>More volume steps

Last edited:
Did you tested the optimized libraries? I did and it caused unable to install updates to second system. Only Miflash helped.

Wysłane z MI3

Did you tested the optimized libraries? I did and it caused unable to install updates to second system. Only Miflash helped.

Wysłane z MI3
I don't own this device, but i think with tdb you won't have any problem like this. No one of the tester had this bug and they had tdb enabled, it should be related to the dalvik cache that's shared if tdb is disabled

Can this be installed over miui 4.5.23 (via system updates) or it needs to be installed after a full wipe?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Can this be installed over miui 4.5.23 (via system updates) or it needs to be installed after a full wipe?

If you don't want to perform a wipe /data you can, but it's better to enable tdb after the flash (flash it via miui updater app)

Sent from my nexus 7

Reactions: reneftw
I'm realy glad to see this ROM, and that your base is Wajk's WIUI..

I have a question for you, do you mybe have a list of safe to remove apps and MIUI services so my MI3W keep working normaly, I want to test it on stable ROM, what apps I can and I can't remove..

I'm realy glad to see this ROM, and that your base is Wajk's WIUI..

I have a question for you, do you mybe have a list of safe to remove apps and MIUI services so my MI3W keep working normaly, I want to test it on stable ROM, what apps I can and I can't remove..
The chinese apps can ne removed, I don't have/know any list go removable apps... @MarkHUK may know this

Sent from my nexus 7

If you don't want to perform a wipe /data you can, but it's better to enable tdb after the flash (flash it via miui updater app)

Sent from my nexus 7

Sorry for the question, sure stupid, but what is tdb? I know how to flash ROM but I don't understand what tdb means. Thanks

Sorry for the question, sure stupid, but what is tdb? I know how to flash ROM but I don't understand what tdb means. Thanks
True Dual Boot, it splits virtually /data so your system partitions are independents each other, it's useful if you have problems like @Acid one and you can have an aosp (there's no one now due to missing sources) and miui on same phone instead having 2 miui

Sent from my nexus 7

Reactions: reneftw and Wolfi70
It is working so far. :) Will you do the 4.5.30 version when it is out?
I'll make 2 releases every month. Now I think I'll wait for miui v6, cuz it's useless to work on v5 now when v6 is coming next weeks. Don't worry I'll support this work even if I don't own the device

Sent from my nexus 7

Reactions: deini
This rom based from miui stable for mi3w or development for mi3w?

It is. There is a tutorial on en forum how to enable art. Just there is no point doing that at all especially there is a big chance of bootloop trying to enable art.

Wysłane z MI3

Nice to see a custom rom for the Mi3, though I'd really love to see a stock AOSP rom. Why didn't Xiaomi release one, they always did so for previous models.

I guess we'll need kernel sources from Xiaomi for a custom AOSP rom, will they release them? Wouldn't it be possible to use Nexus 5 sources like people did for the Mi2 with the Nexus 4 sources?

It's a huge work. It took months for M1cha to get a nearly bootable kernel without the sources from Xiaomi.

You wrote, the rom is within german language. but it isnt. all languages are includet, but no german. please correct it. i will try it again, when german language will be includet.

greez

When I try to get back from this ROM to the multilanguage one, my phone and sms messages won't start anymore. I tried clearing cache and dalvik cache, plus phone and messages data, but without any luck. I'd hate to have to wipe my system data in order to install the multilanguage rom, so can anyone help me please? Thanks!

Last edited: