Root Then Unroot And Restore Safety Net?

Redmi3Pro

Members
Apr 7, 2016
Hi, I want to temporarily root my phone for a week or two so I can check what LTE bands I'm using. What's the best way to do this and then afterwards the best way to unroot and restore safety net.

I don't want or need long term root so no xposed or magisk safety net fixes are needed.

I'm on the latest miui 8 xiaomi.eu rom 7.7.20 on my Note 4 Global (mido).

Can I flash supersu, and once done use its built in unroot option, then if I reflash the same rom will that restore safety net. I'm concerned about dm verify and triggering that, if I flash something to disable it, how do I re-enable it again after. Also I'm encrypted if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Thanks, I've used that at the moment, but I think it just guesses based in what it thinks my carrier uses, for example it never says I have band 20 even though my carrier should support it. I've also flashed a custom modem to enable carrier Aggregation, so my phone now displays LTE+ in supported areas, this should mean I'm using two LTE bands at once but LTE Discovery only shows one band all time. It normally just shows band 7 whereas my carrier uses band 3, 7 and 20. Maybe it's correct though and my phone is just using one even though it says LTE+

I was going to try with network signal guru that people seem to recommend
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qtrun.QuickTest