Resolved RTL writing bug in some MIUI apps

RTL fix will be worked again next time :) I had bad syntax in my script.

Reactions: Nico77
But just for MMS for know. Im testing QuickSearchBox fix on my Crespo...
Im not sure if I can fix Contacts search though, because its hell in there ;p

But just for MMS for know. Im testing QuickSearchBox fix on my Crespo...
Im not sure if I can fix Contacts search though, because its hell in there ;p

We will be thankful for whatever you'll be able to fix for us... And for the effort...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

acid did you see the tread
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2480&highlight=rtl+sms
it is onli apears in vertival || mode in all apps in horisonal == mode all apps ok
i used auto rotate apk to chek it.

Hi dear guys

im working on new rom based on MIUI V5, i finally fixed this issue

this issue is coming by the fault of MIUI developers, because they doesn't apply the android gravity on application layouts.

but you can manually fix this issue.
decompile the framework-miui-res.apk
open /res/values/styles.xml

find this line
  1. <style name="V5.TextAppearance" parent="@*android:style/TextAppearance">
  2. <item name="android:textSize">@dimen/v5_text_font_size_primary</item>
  3. </style>
Copy the Code

and replace with this one
  1. <style name="V5.TextAppearance" parent="@*android:style/TextAppearance">
  2. <item name="android:gravity">start</item>
  3. <item name="android:textSize">@dimen/v5_text_font_size_primary</item>
  4. </style>
Copy the Code

compile and enjoy.

Best Regards
Amestris Team
M Javad Nazari

Lol hehe I know that. But this fixes only SMS app :)

But!
After 2 days of tries I managed to fix:
- rename Folder Widget text
- Quick Search text input

More to come if I can :)

thanks acid i was sure you know but..mabe. and another q if we are dealing with gravity ,
what the problem for changing orientention in all miui apps?
when i drive i use onli horaizenal pose with auto rotate apk.
do the plan to include it?
thanks for your time and work
oren

Landscape orientation is not supported in miui apps. Enabling rotation in sms or launcher is just a small hack in AndroidManifest. But this can cause glitches in some conditions.

Wysłane z MI-2

Ok fixed all issues except MIUI Bug report as MIUI never reads those reports from non china users ;p
Im not sure about that alarm label in Clock as on my crespo I dont have that option, and I don't want to install multi on my MI2. But I can try later edit that box. There's one place that could be changed...

Ok fixed all issues except MIUI Bug report as MIUI never reads those reports from non china users ;p
Im not sure about that alarm label in Clock as on my crespo I dont have that option, and I don't want to install multi on my MI2. But I can try later edit that box. There's one place that could be changed...

Can't thank you enough!
What about SMS popup? (the quick respond)

Landscape orientation is not supported in miui apps. Enabling rotation in sms or launcher is just a small hack in AndroidManifest. But this can cause glitches in some conditions.

Wysłane z MI-2

actualy i am using Landscape orientation for few monthes mainly the miui lancher doesnt work i use nova.
i have ex dialer or dialer one that supporthebrew t9 search and one of the free calender biz calender
all other miui apps are working on Landscape orientation.
at least the one you need in the car..
browser,notes,calculator,contacts,search,setting,sms mms popup sms..file explorer,gallery,email,monitor,permition,task manager.
all the above confirm working on Landscape orientation.

No I didnt :) I fixed all by myself. But It seems that in those search text places I used method described in that link.
But thats not all. I've also edited QuickSearchBox and MiHome layouts to fix some other place like global search widget text.. etc.

But I never tried to fix quick reply SMS. Lets see first if my fixes works for others then I can try to fix more.

No I didnt :) I fixed all by myself. But It seems that in those search text places I used method described in that link.
But thats not all. I've also edited QuickSearchBox and MiHome layouts to fix some other place like global search widget text.. etc.

But I never tried to fix quick reply SMS. Lets see first if my fixes works for others then I can try to fix more.
with my new tutorial, it will be fixed.

screenshot from quickreply sms popup window!

13698601681.jpg

acid hi
just for the game i took framework-miui-res.apk from 3.5.17 and push it to the zip 3.5.31 and sms rtl back to work
well it affect other things shur but rtl ...
oren
i heard many problem decompile \compile framework-miui-res.apk

Are you sure? I've decompiled latest multi framework-miui-res for Aries and checked Hebrew and Arabic:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
    <style name="V5.TextAppearance" parent="@*android:style/TextAppearance">
        <item name="android:textSize">@dimen/v5_text_font_size_primary</item>
        <item name="android:gravity">start</item>
    </style>
    <style name="V5.TextAppearance.List" parent="@style/V5.TextAppearance">
        <item name="android:textSize">@dimen/v5_text_font_size_list_primary</item>
        <item name="android:textStyle">normal</item>
        <item name="android:textColor">?v5_list_text_color</item>
    </style>
    <style name="V5.TextAppearance.PreferenceCategory" parent="@style/V5.TextAppearance">
        <item name="android:textSize">@dimen/v5_text_font_size_preference_category</item>
        <item name="android:textStyle">bold</item>
        <item name="android:textColor">?v5_secondary_text_color</item>
        <item name="android:textAllCaps">true</item>
    </style>
    <style name="V5.TextAppearance.PreferenceList" parent="@style/V5.TextAppearance">
        <item name="android:textSize">@dimen/v5_text_font_size_primary</item>
        <item name="android:textStyle">normal</item>
        <item name="android:textColor">?v5_checkable_list_item_text_color</item>
    </style>
    <style name="V5.Widget.EditText" parent="@*android:style/Widget.EditText">
        <item name="android:textAppearance">@style/V5.TextAppearance.EditText</item>
        <item name="android:gravity">start|center</item>
        <item name="android:background">?v5_edit_text_bg</item>
        <item name="android:singleLine">true</item>
    </style>
</resources>
Styles are ok and in place. And my friend sent me an email with Hebrew lang set on his MI-2 and RTL is ok.

Styles are ok and in place. And my friend sent me an email with Hebrew lang set on his MI-2 and RTL is ok.

Hi Acid
Facing the same problem here...
Maybe it's because I am using the multilang rom?

Edit: just tried the regular rom and this bug is still there...
Can you ask your friend if he did something different?

I found the problem,
The fix only work if we choose Hebrew or Arabic as primary language but if we choose English we face that bug again,
Personally, I use English as primary language and Israel for localization.
So unfortunately, back to 3.17 :-(.

Lol.. wait, wait, wait.. people.. I specially designed my script to mod Arabic and Hebrew langs.. ONLY. FIx is not working for other langs as styles and other fixes are puting on values-ar and values-iw folders.

yea.. people in all other countries are writing from left to right... so we cant use RTL fix for other langs... you have to set your lang to proper RTL writing...

Lol.. wait, wait, wait.. people.. I specially designed my script to mod Arabic and Hebrew langs.. ONLY. FIx is not working for other langs as styles and other fixes are puting on values-ar and values-iw folders.

:) lol I've been waiting for this fix all week.. So close!!
In the multilang version we have the option to choose English (Israel) is it possible to include it in the script?