Resolved RTL writing bug in some MIUI apps

Ok I will add support for values-en-rIL (En lang and Heb localisation). But this will work only for sms app and few others. I cant include modding QuickSearchBox and Launcher for that lang.

acid hi well in 3.5.17 i am on english as primery and rtl works fine.
in all android jellybeen devices that i cheked even with no hebrew support RTL works fine.
so there is away to fix it jenerally like 3.5.17 and it is not affect english..

Reactions: Nico77
Ok I will add support for values-en-rIL (En lang and Heb localisation). But this will work only for sms app and few others. I cant include modding QuickSearchBox and Launcher for that lang.

Whatever you can do is much appreciated!!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

with wich program? java verison? you use to complie?

Java is only for support and executing apktool commands if written like this: java -jar apktool.jar.
But we use different method... Tools are apktool and aapt. But don't even bother in decompiling and recompiling framework-miui-res as its pain in the ass to do so. You have to make an automatic script as we have to handle all.

ok as i understand with amestris from xda
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=41953096#post41953096
he change the root styles.xml and not local
you cann see in his treed pic that the languge is english....

Yes in first version (in 3.5.17) we did change styles in root (in values default), but we had minor issue with cursor not centered in text field. Thats why we moved RTL fixes only to RTL langs to make other langs safe.
My idea for now is to remove all my fixes from our main script and push modded files and styles.xml to Hebrew and Arabic repo. So this well be added from translators.

its sad, miui v4 was great even in the original miui english chinees. native 4.1 4.12 4.22 are all support, it it will make problem if you in english...and copy rtl words from internet paste it in miui apps it will be opposit and google solve it from ice cream.i wonder if someone look in original google jb to see what they did
i realy cheked few device even cheep chinees that dosnt have hebrew at all, i download hebrew keybord and everithing fine in all apps.

Reactions: andy.afef
i understood the main mistake
for some reason in miui the use absulut path instead of dynamic
left right instead of today- start end.. if all was dynamic then no problem rtl or ltr

Reactions: Nico77
Hi Acid, I don't understand, the fix does not seems to affect LTR users to write with left to right languages, so it seems to me that the fix can be included in the root for all languages, no?
Or if it is to dangerous to do that, we may (we, EN-il users) test the fix as you suggested, configured with EN-il when we write in LTR languages and if it doesn't cause any regressions you should be able to put it up to root.
Are you okay?
(this will provide general fix also to QuickSearchBox, and provide users that no use english as main language to use RTL correctly)

PS : My main language is French, so I'll be happy to be able to type correctly in Hebrew with my system configured to French (PS: it works on other ROMs...)

I left RTL issue to translators repo so it will be supported for all apps I fixed and for all RTL langs: ar-EG, iw-IL and en-IL.
First it need some testing.

also you can replace the "android:gravity="start"" with"android:gravity="top" if text layouts must be stack to top side of layout. it is so much better than "start" value.
i think the best way is fixing these problems from source, i mean about miui applications and not framework style editing.

I left RTL issue to translators repo so it will be supported for all apps I fixed and for all RTL langs: ar-EG, iw-IL and en-IL.
First it need some testing.
Ok, thank you for your answer
So I'll start testing RTL and LTR text edit the EN-il as soon as it will be released and I'll give you results of my tests.
Do you already know the inpacted areas to test? (Messages, Folder Widget text, Quick Search text input, what else?)

Heh you tell me. I don't have time to search all possible text inputs in RTL. But I'm sure about the one you posted and which I fixed personally modding app layouts.

Wysłane z MI-2

Ok, this was my question : where did you correct to search regressions with LTR...

In All cases, many thanks to you for this fixes!

hi acid and thanks for your time 3.6.7 RTL DOESNT WORK SMS MMS not in hebrew miu not in english-israel

I made a ROM for myself with full RTL support.
If you like I can share it.

Sent from my MI 2

Ok i know whats the problem. Our font fix overwrote translators RTL fixes for sms. You guys all have MI2? I will rebuild multi rom for MI-2 with fixes.
Only sms is not RTL? Others apps are ok?

Reactions: Medina
Using English UI - Writing Arabic
SMS --> Not fixes
Global search (Notes) --> Not fixes
Global search --> Not fixes
Rename folder--> Not fixes
Contacts search --> Not fixes

Using Arabic UI - Writing Arabic
SMS --> OK
Global search (Notes) -->OK
Global search --> OK
Rename App --> OK
Contacts search --> OK

Funny thing, SMS was working fine earlier in MIUI V5 and now its not :(

Lol.. nobody told me about using English UI and Arabic lang... Its working for English UI and Hebrew lang.
To sum up, RTL support have:
values-ar-rEG (Arabic)
values-iw-rIL (Hebrew)
values-en-rIL (English UI, Hebrew local)

if you wan't En + Arabic then I have to make another lang: values-en-rEG.

First of all, allow me to thank you for the great job your doing here, and please accept my apology for not helping you at all since I don't understand the Android stuff at all.

Then about the values-en-rEG fix, this will keep the lang name "Arabic" only?
because in the Translation repo I use Values-ar-rPS, so if you want to do it can you use the PS insted of EG?

Thanks a lot :)

Ah.. rPS? I didn't know about this code. Well you can do it yourself. Just copy styles.xml from Hebrew translation from framework-miui-res to yours and push commit to git. Or ingbrzy will change that later.

Wysłane z MI-2