Resolved RTL writing bug in some MIUI apps

Well, I think I solved this issue by setting the locale manually to en_IL (using MyLocale2 from Play Store) and it seems to be working now.

Thanks for the help!

Orenlevy,

Try changing language to EN (Palestinian Territories) (don't be afraid now...;)) . It is an rtl language so the layout behaves OK.
I haven't seen any adverse effects so far....

hi from today no English israel... 3.8.23 rtl problem came back....
Yes, english Israel has desappear from languages... Does anyone knows why??

@Acid :
I used the fixes from 3.6.7 with EN_IL, without any regression for rtl AND for ltr languages (everyday, I use French, English and Hebrew), so I'll ask again my question (page 4 on this thread) : Why not pushing the patch up to the source, as it doesn't cause any regressions, as gravity="start" is valide for ltr and rtl languages?

It will allow users of other languages as UI to write rtl languages correctly (all android correctly written apps allow this).
It will also allow developers to stop maintaining these fixes in many places (these fixes are copy/pasted from/to Hebrew, Arabic, English (Israel), English (Palestinian Territories)... It seems to me more logical to have 1 patch that only patch root styles.xml as it doesn't cause any regressions to ltr languages AND as it is more logical to have gravity="start" and no gravity="left".

Thank you

I will consider this. Maybe not for this update... but I will rework rtl support in free time.

Reactions: Nico77
Yes, english Israel has desappear from languages... Does anyone knows why??

@Acid :
I used the fixes from 3.6.7 with EN_IL, without any regression for rtl AND for ltr languages (everyday, I use French, English and Hebrew), so I'll ask again my question (page 4 on this thread) : Why not pushing the patch up to the source, as it doesn't cause any regressions, as gravity="start" is valide for ltr and rtl languages?

It will allow users of other languages as UI to write rtl languages correctly (all android correctly written apps allow this).
It will also allow developers to stop maintaining these fixes in many places (these fixes are copy/pasted from/to Hebrew, Arabic, English (Israel), English (Palestinian Territories)... It seems to me more logical to have 1 patch that only patch root styles.xml as it doesn't cause any regressions to ltr languages AND as it is more logical to have gravity="start" and no gravity="left".

Thank you

Hi Nico,
Any chance you can explain how to patch this manually?

thank you acid

i wonder why it is not even in the Chinese\English version as all Chinese Koreans phone from ice cream and up using that method
actually it is part of the new logical that adopted in all platform as we (world)become united.
it is no joke as i cannot recommended my friend this miui phone ,they asking if i am satisfied with the phone and always i say yes but...and this but appears each time. even when it fixed it is not complete as in some rtl web page i want to copy numbers and not always i can and when i paste the no it can reverse the digits..

Guys, please give me an update about the RTL issue ?
I am still using an old version because I can't do without it.
Thanks

Issue where? I fixed this for this release. All old gravity=left or left|center are replaced with start or start|center.
It works for RTL langs. See my screenshot. I have Polish language but I can write RTL using Arabic lang in Google keyboard. Same for contacts and sms. It works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-13-22-47-17.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-13-22-47-17.png
    204.8 KB · Views: 162
Thanks Acid,
I am not sure if the gravity is the same in Arabic and Hebrew but I will give it a try and report back.

(My current version is 3.7.19)

Issue where? I fixed this for this release. All old gravity=left or left|center are replaced with start or start|center.
It works for RTL langs. See my screenshot. I have Polish language but I can write RTL using Arabic lang in Google keyboard. Same for contacts and sms. It works.

Acid you are a BOSS!
It is completly working from everywhere, in all languages!

I can now have French UI and continue to write in Hebrew, French or English without any issue.

Thank you again

well done acid
i used hebrew until yesterday ...i wipe my phone case i had 2 problems(gps and filteres of sms)
then i start with english us and walla...
thanks

Hi,
there is one little regression (no really a regression on your mods).
English (Israel) has desapeared.
For English, now there is only :
English (United states)
English (United Kingdom)
and English (Palestinian Territories).

It is about a month ago that English (Israel) has desapeared and the issue with English (United states) is thatapps uses us local ( temp is fahrenheit, dates are mounth-day-year, etc...)

can you put English (Israel) back to miuiandroid rom... thank you in advance

I stopped update my ROM awhile ago, this updates are useless.
I really don't have hi hopes but maybe V6 will be cleaner and better...

BTW, thanks for the update, good to know.

Hi guys, I'm considering update my rom after a while.
Does all RTL(Hebrew) issues are solved?

Thanks

almost all, the new mail app still doesn't support rtl all the rest yes i changed the mail app with blue mail far superior...

Thanks Oren.
after updating I had some other issues with the mail app. I am trying "my mail" app now.