SafetyNet not passing even with USNF

robbie99us

Members
May 22, 2023
Morning guys. I'm wondering if Im missing something here in the mix. Usually with my previous POCO X3 NFC (surya) the way to get root and passing basic attestation was using Magisk Delta, hiding from the Google stuff and using USNF (displax) was enough. This is my first time using xiaomi.eu rom on my new POCO X5 5G (moonstone) and root works, banking apps works but I can't pass the basic attestation, tried with YASNAC and the Play Integrity from the Play Store. Is there something that I'm missing here? Just asking if someone has been in the same boat. Thanks:)

That's a good question. I am in the same boat with renoir (MI 11 Lite 5g) and Magisk Alpha and latest displax USNF 2.4-mod_2.0
YASAC reports it's using hardware attestation and not basic. Something odd with Xiaomi roms:
YdyfKb2.png

I guess more fixes are needed...

EDIT (05/Oct/2023) - works fine with v.2.4.0-MOD_2.0 now (Magisk Alpha, zygisk enabled and Shamiko in blacklist mode)

Last edited:
I tried with that one too but YASNAC still reports hardware_backed, can you think of anything I could manually check in order to try and find out why is it not working for me? It worked before the flash... I also reinstalled Magisk.

I tried with that one too but YASNAC still reports hardware_backed, can you think of anything I could manually check in order to try and find out why is it not working for me? It worked before the flash... I also reinstalled Magisk.
I can't remember how I resolved it, but what I do know is I completely wiped the entire firmware, installed the latest stable Android 13 [MIUI 14] for MI 11 Lite 5g (renoir) and the unofficial TWRP for it and also installed the latest Magisk Alpha + Shamiko and everything just works fine now.

Will probably be because the devices no longer show as certified in the play store, everything works but it won't pass as long as it's uncertified.