Kitsune Magisk or Official Magisk 27.0?

grayman

Members
Jun 26, 2022
There are two different Magisk versions being referenced in this forum:
- In the stick thread "Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix" the link points to the current official version, 27.0 by Topjohnwu;
- In many posts, however, the Magisk referenced is the forked one from HuskyDG called Kitsune Magisk;

I just installed the xiaomi.eu HyperOS for my Poco F3 and I'd like to have it rooted and the signature spoofed to be able to use GPay/Wallet and bank apps. I know it is supposed to be possible so if I follow the process described here, should I use the Kitsune version, the official 27.0, or it doesn't matter?

You might wanna ask questions on this topic on XDA. This isn't exactly a rooting community.

If so, why there's a sticky thread called "Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix"? It kind of suggests that this community may be open to rooting questions that are relevant to xiaomi.eu. Additionally, also remember (maybe last year) someone asking a similar question at XDA about one custom ROM and getting the opposite answer: that it should ask directly the custom ROM community. And here we are. :)

Just to clarify: I'm not asking about the differences between Kitsune and Magisk; I'm asking the impact in using either specifically for xiaomi.eu HyperOS for Poco F3, if any.

Last edited:
If so, why there's a sticky thread called "Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix"? It kind of suggests that this community may be open to rooting questions that are relevant to xiaomi.eu. Additionally, also remember (maybe last year) someone asking a similar question at XDA about one custom ROM and getting the opposite answer: that it should ask directly the custom ROM community. And here we are. :)

Just to clarify: I'm not asking about the differences between Kitsune and Magisk; I'm asking the impact in using either specifically for xiaomi.eu HyperOS for Poco F3, if any.
Seems like you're not familiar with Xiaomi.eu too much and missing the context in which the "Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix" guide was written.
It was a temporary workaround to pass Play Integrity for those who require it, until we could find a newer non-root way to implement in our ROMs.
One anecdote doesn't make a rule.