Screen Filter Problem (Night Mode)

yohyah

Members
Dec 14, 2012
Hi all,

Has anybody used the screen filter apps where they allow you to 'lower' your brightness past the default settings. (e.g. night mode, flux, etc). These apps seem to work for stock android on my Xiaomi M2, but when I try to use it on MIUI it doesn't work; it will show the screen filter but when it runs in the background, it seems to sleep the application.

Is there any fix for this? Here is one of the apps I've tried:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palmerin.easyeyezfree

I am using Twilight..

Just allow popup window and autostart....

~Tapatalk 4~

Hmm, still having the same problem. It works in app, but once I press the home button the filter goes away. (Ive put it on autostart and is in the status bar). It works fine for stock android still.

So popup are allowed for that app?

~Tapatalk 4~

Some applications allow you to have 'floating' windows on top of your screen while it is running in the background. For example, a small floating window which tells you your current download speed, or music controls that allow you to conveniently switch music while you are in the browser.

MIUI disables this by default for some reason and you have to enable it for such applications to use these 'pop-up windows'. The screen filter is an example of a transparent pop-up window which covers the entire screen.

Ah, this has solved my floating widget problem, I thought making the app a system was the answer.
Cheers

Settings - Apps - your app - allow popup..

~Tapatalk 4~
That did the trick. Thanks.
For MIUI 7 users the path is now
Settings > Installed Apps > [your app] > Permission manager (at the bottom) > Display pop-up window

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk