Settings Disappearing After Reboot - Usb Mtp Mode And Notif.access

tdklaus

Members
Nov 14, 2016
Hi, I have two issues with my Redmi 3s, 3+16GB, bootloader unlocked, rooted, TWRP recovery

The eery similaritybetween both issues: the system dialogs still pretend that the settings are ok, the Apps complain that they are not.

MTP mode:
MIUI 8 Global 6.11.3: developer options - USB configuration - MTP selected
every time I connect my phone to (any) PC by USB, a notification pops up "USB charging only" for a few seconds. If I catch it, tap it, and select MTP, everything works as planned.
when I toggle the USB configuration in developer options between charging only and MTP, the next time I USB connect the phone, it will connect in MTP mode. But only once. Unplug the USB, replug, and I am back at the "USB charging only" popup. MTP is still selected in developer options.

Obviously, I must be missing some related setting to make, or this issue would affect a lot more users.... Does anybody have an idea how to make MTP the permanent default when connecting USB?
The issue persists after switching to xiaomi.eu 8.0.10 stable. Now the "USB charging only" at least stays in the list of notifications and can be tapped there even if I miss it in the first few seconds. Still annoying, though....

Notification access:
same issue with both MIUI 8 Global 6.11.3 and Xiaomi.eu 8.0.10 stable ROMs:
Both MissedIt and TeslaUnread loose their notification access (which they need to know about unread messages/mails etc...) after every reboot.
In the system dialog, the notification access is still activated after reboot, but when I open e.g. teslaunread, it says that I need to grant it notification access. I toggle the access off/on, everything works ... until the next reboot.
From a bit of googleing, this seems to be and old and known issue, but none of the threads I found ended in a resolution. Any thoughts about this one?

thanks
tdklaus

ah, thanks, that explains why the mode is "charging only" after reboot.
It does not explain why MIUI settings still show USB configuration in developer options as "MTP" even after reboot....
so, it seems to be both a feature and a bug ;-)