New SGS2 camera bug

kartonick

Members
May 2, 2012
i got this bug since ics based miui 1st came out
every time after boot when i try to run camera for the 1st time it gets stuck for severeal minutes. by that time HUGE thumbnail file is beign created. im attaching 2 screenshots, one with how camera acts (sensor is working tho the app itself doesnt react on any taping, position changes, doesnt load last taken picture) and the root explorer picture.
as a note i got ~10 pictures taken.
i wanted to post a logcat but link to logcat how-to link from http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/read-first.15969/ is dead.
now i did some steps that didnt work aswell: ive deleted DCIM folder, cleared camera app data, went to cwm, cleared cache and dalvik, restarted, camera started smoothly, i took a random picture, no problem here, i tapped taken picture thumbnail to lookup the pic, went there withut problem, when i pressed back to go back to the camera i got only black screen, went to DCIM/.thumbnails and the .thumbdata file is beign created again and growing in a rate of like 10mb per second
ultimately if i dont Force close camera it will soft crash my phone. so camera is unusable for me as it is today.
Screenshot_2012-09-07-08-33-02.png
Screenshot_2012-09-07-08-39-15.png

Yep, same issue here. Several minutes to start, then a large file is created. In my case it's only 650mb, but still larger than i would expect

i have figured a dirty fix for this.
go to app manager and clear camera app data so ull be able to run it without problem, then set sd card s default storage.

that "fix" doesnt work with latest update, heres titanium backup of camera app from 2.9.7 with configured external sd storage. works for me

Attachments

• camera.zip
    465 KB · Views: 125