sms notification not working

Nidjo

Members
May 4, 2012
-SGS 2
-Miui 2.5.4
-Siyah v3.2 (tried also XCeLL kernel, same thing happens)

I receive sms, but phone doesn't notify me in any way... I'm not aware of received sms untill i enter Handcent SMS program and see unread message there. Same thing happens with GO SMS Pro, no notification at all. Oddly, stock messaging program is notifying me normally. Every other notification, like mail or call, is working perfectly... I tried adjusting notification settings in both Handcent SMS and GO sms, but no use. Now i'm using stock Messaging program, but i'm used to Handcent and i want to use it again, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

found solution, if anyone need it....
in stock msging app, under settings, "system mms app priority" must be unchecked.
HI there,

I have been looking for this issue for weeks and got almost insane, not to find it, even if I (re9Installed Go sms pro and Handcent sms 10 times - thanks a lot for this hint!!!

The only thing is not working yer is the LED notification, but hopefully I will find a solution for it too:)

Glad to help! Actually MarkHUK provided me that solution, so i just shared... it was driving me crazy too, couldn't figure it out for days :)

About LED notification.... i suggest you to try NoLED program. On SGS2 there is no dedicated notification light, so i have to use screen for notifications. Thats only if you also don't have dedicated light... otherwise, i have no idea :)

Reactions: igor1974
Yep we found that out after lots of mad-ness.

In couple of builds ago, miui implemented a featured in the stock message app called "prioritize system message", it is switched on in default. When this feature is on, the stock message app gets to show the sms notification first, so that other 3rd party apps couldn't detect it.

I suggest you go to SMS - Settings, and then scroll to the bottom, there should be a "system message priority" option. Leave that un-checked, see if that would help.

Reactions: igor1974
Thanks again!

NoLed works on my SGS2, although I thought due to the MIUI menu for LED settings, it should work without any 3rd part app.

This was a good hint to what I needed to do to resolve my Handcent notifications not working issue. Disabling System MMS App Priority did not resolve the issue alone. I went to Advanced settings and under the MMS Messages category disabled Auto-retrieve and back at the main settings menu I re-enabled Notifications but disabled Show Previews, New Message pop-ups, and Screen-wake. Delivery reports is enabled since it hasn't disrupted anything.

My Handcent pop-ups, notification sounds, and status bar notifications are all working.

I just did an air pelvic thrust! Thank for your solution, I just data reset my phone because the latest Miui Rom broke it. And I couldn't get the messaging alert fixed.