New Sms with Emoji Icons.

Oct 9, 2012
I also only get chinese symbols instead of emoji's fix could someone please provide a link for a fix or help out on this problem.

Oct 9, 2012
Dev's / Mods is there ever going to be an update to this problem, why is it Miui members list problems / bugs to be sorted but until now nothing has been sorted on this.

Oct 9, 2012

Why is it also on the new V5 Beta Test Rom that they now all appear but when you click on a smilie they are transposed to the old android green smilies in the text area and not as the smilies as above...... DEV'S / MOD's please could you look into this.........and correct the bug please.

Apr 2, 2011
They can't and/or won't fix this. Anyhow, it's most likely out of miuiandroids hands.
The emoji works fine on aosp phones, like the galaxy nexus.. But NOT samsung (and seems HTC too?)
If you/we are lucky, xiaomi will fix this within this year, maybe not. Just don't get your hopes high though.. They have more important things to fix, i guess.
It would only get fixed ASAP, if the problem was on a xiaomi phone..

And just FYI. This is a framework thing, it's NOT just the mms.apk... So the jar files, probably framework apks too, needs to be modded for this to work.

Apr 12, 2013
They can't and/or won't fix this. Anyhow, it's most likely out of miuiandroids hands.
The emoji works fine on aosp phones, like the galaxy nexus.. But NOT samsung (and seems HTC too?)
If you/we are lucky, xiaomi will fix this within this year, maybe not. Just don't get your hopes high though.. They have more important things to fix, i guess.
It would only get fixed ASAP, if the problem was on a xiaomi phone..

And just FYI. This is a framework thing, it's NOT just the mms.apk... So the jar files, probably framework apks too, needs to be modded for this to work.
I have an HTC E3D and emoji was already included with the JB MIUI v3.4.5 ROM. I just use the Kii Keyboard with the iOS6 emoji plugin for Handscent and I can use emojis everywhere (Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc.).