SOLVED: Dumb move: Checked EVERYTHING in 'Advanced wipe'... how to access my phone now?

marisar

Members
Dec 18, 2021
Hi everyone!

New and proud owner of a Mi 11 Ultra... and I potentially already bricked it 1 week after purchase. :-(
I unlocked the bootloader, followed instructions on tradingshenzhen to install twrp and EU rom but had a fundamental ****up when I was asked to do the wipe in TWRP. I did the "advanced wipe", selected everything on the screen and thats it... now I am stuck with the fastboot screen without any chance to access the phone from my mac. :-(
XiaomiTool v2 show the phone but when it forces a reboot to get adb connection, nothing works.
Any help is appreciated!

Cheers, Marisar

Hi everyone!

New and proud owner of a Mi 11 Ultra... and I potentially already bricked it 1 week after purchase. :-(
I unlocked the bootloader, followed instructions on *************** to install twrp and EU rom but had a fundamental ****up when I was asked to do the wipe in TWRP. I did the "advanced wipe", selected everything on the screen and thats it... now I am stuck with the fastboot screen without any chance to access the phone from my mac. :-(
XiaomiTool v2 show the phone but when it forces a reboot to get adb connection, nothing works.
Any help is appreciated!

Cheers, Marisar
Follow this here:

Hello, try to flash an Official fastboot ROM via MiFlash Tool.

But if it doesn't work, the only solution to unbrick your device is to pay for a "EDL unbrick" service => The most known service is @*spam*paid*service* (Telegram). ;)

Hello, try to flash an Official fastboot ROM via MiFlash Tool.

But if it doesn't work, the only solution to unbrick your device is to pay for a "EDL unbrick" service => The most known service is @*spam*paid*service* (Telegram). ;)
I think I'll do this. Tried a couple things that didn't work out so far.

Is there a guide somewhere how to do this? Sorry for bothering but I am really lost since there are so many versions of the flash tool (googled it) and also of the roms.

Awesome, thanks for the links. It worked. :emoji_yum: :emoji_bow:

Unfortunately, while messing around and testing different systems I made another major plunder: One of the roms must have re-locked my bootloader again and when wiping the phone for another install I now get an error message in MiFlash "Error: Erasing boot_ab. FAILED 'Erase is not allowed in lock state'
Pffffff.... I can only boot to Fastboot, which does not allow me to unlock in the XiaomiTool (guess I didnt activate debugging before deleting the system. :-( )

I guess I should make a new thread for this since it is a new problem, right?

Awesome, thanks for the links. It worked. :emoji_yum: :emoji_bow:

Unfortunately, while messing around and testing different systems I made another major plunder: One of the roms must have re-locked my bootloader again and when wiping the phone for another install I now get an error message in MiFlash "Error: Erasing boot_ab. FAILED 'Erase is not allowed in lock state'
Pffffff.... I can only boot to Fastboot, which does not allow me to unlock in the XiaomiTool (guess I didnt activate debugging before deleting the system. :-( )

I guess I should make a new thread for this since it is a new problem, right?
no! not needed.