[solved] Help! Which 2015xxx Redmi Note 3 Model Do You Have?

cosmik

Members
Sep 3, 2014
Hello all,

please help me out here fellas! There is a sticker at the back of your phone, providing info like CMIT ID and the device model. For example, mine sports a 2015617 number, and a TD-LTE alongside.

I have unlocked it succesfully and I can flash TWRP on this but I can not boot in TWRP recovery! I believe this is a model, specially designed for the Chinese market.

Can you please post your model number from the back? Is it 2015617? If it something else, please post it here!

EDIT: Searching for 2015617 shows that it is a 3Gb RAM/32Gb flash model. Which is strange, considering this is the "small" RN3. That is, a 2GB/16Gb flash model!

Last edited:
I have already done this mate. On five RN3 phones. I have unlocked and flashed TWRP and installed TWRP on RN3. And RN3 Pro and other locked Xiaomis.

I could not do it on a specific RN3, which was sent back to the seller. Even the seller could not do it. Proved it was a different model. I was sent a replacement but it behaves just like the other problematic one ffs!

Actually no. I checked some friends' RN3 phones, they also had the same 2015617 model identifier.

An after trying a couple of more times to boot into TWRP on this phone, I finally made it! So it was not like the other RN3 I had to send back.

Case closed.