Solved: Mi5s Bricked After Miflash Global Official Rom

holmaass

Members
Sep 20, 2016
Hi guys,

today I flashed the very new gobal official rom over the latest china dev rom (not even initiated - so there was no first boot up with that ROM) using MiFlash (2016.08.30.0) and a deep boot cable, as I always do. I have checked clean all and after the flashing sucess message I have clicked refresh once, for no reason but the COM10 was still recognized.

Anyway, after disconneting the MI5s from the PC it appears totally dear. No LED, no sign of activity when connection to the PC. I have pressed the power on button for like 30 seconds and have also tried some button combinations, so far without sucess.

If anyone can help me get the Mi5s back to life again, that would be very much appreciated.

First, try pressing and holding the power button more than 10 seconds! Try other combinations of buttons, but hold the buttons for more time!
Check the battery state if it can charge from the electric supply, hold it powered some time - no matter if there is a sign of life or not!
Connect the phone to the PC and see if there is some changes in the Device Manager of the computer!
If none of these works, I think you'll have to open your phone and make a connection between two points which are well described in some instructions on the net - just google it!
Do not fear! You can't "kill" a Xiaomi smartphone with a Qualcomm processor so easy!

First, try pressing and holding the power button more than 10 seconds! Try other combinations of buttons, but hold the buttons for more time!
Check the battery state if it can charge from the electric supply, hold it powered some time - no matter if there is a sign of life or not!
Connect the phone to the PC and see if there is some changes in the Device Manager of the computer!
If none of these works, I think you'll have to open your phone and make a connection between two points which are well described in some instructions on the net - just google it!
Do not fear! You can't "kill" a Xiaomi smartphone with a Qualcomm processor so easy!

Just to mention something, in the final solution you don't have to open your phone. You have just to "mod" a spare usb cable. It called Deep Flash Cable. You can google it.

Thanks for the tips. I got it working again today with a totally drained battery and some button pressing in combination with my Deep Flash Cable.