[solved]new Phone Bricked???

chinasky

Members
Nov 24, 2016
I bought the 3s today.
i already asked for the unlock permission. Today i tried to unlock the bootloader before installing the EU stable rom, but the app sad something i intended as unlock unnecessary. So i aborted the bootloader unlock.
I flashed the twrp and the the xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3SHM3X_V8.1.1.0.MALCNDI_v8-6.0.

my phone now reboots only in fastboot. I tried to flash the global rom with miflash (that is tha only tool that can discover my phone) but the tool says it's not possibile to flash system partitions.

Can anyone help me?

Exactly my scenario. Can you get into fastboot and type "fastboot oem device-info". If it says unlocked-false, you have the situation i had.

In order to be able to flash official rom, you have to get your device into edl mode.
The simplest method if it should work is with adb. If your device can enter adb mode, you just execute "adb reboot edl".
Then, if successful you will see Qualcomm QLoader in the deviced manager and you can flash official rom with MiFlash.
If that won't work - report and we will explore other options.
Ofcourse adb package and Qualcomm drivers should already be installed on your x64 windows machine.

Reactions: chinasky
my phone after fastboot oem device-info says: device-unlocked: false

and i can't get into adb to launch edl.

Obviously qualcomm drivers and adb package are installed on my system.

I tried fastboot oem edl too, but i had this error code: "FAILED (remote: device locked, oem edl is not allowed)"

update:

i took a look on device manager and i found that the qualcomm driver was odd ( was device diagnostic insted of QDLoader)... i Replaced it via manual update driver to the Qualcom dloader. Now miflash recover the phone even if it's not in fastboot mode.
i tried to use miflash but the flash fails:

that's the log:

[0,00 COM10]:[COM10]:start flash.
[2,00 COM10]:cannot receive hello packet,MiFlash is trying to reset status!
[4,51 COM10]:cannot receive hello packet,MiFlash is trying to reset status!
[7,01 COM10]:try to reset status.
[7,01 COM10]:Switch mode back
[7,01 COM10]:cannot receive hello packet,MiFlash is trying to reset status!
[7,01 COM10]:Object reference not set to an instance of an object

is it possible that the phone it's still not in edl mode???

If i'm not mistaking ,the problem is that in order to get into edl mode with button combination, the phone should be completely turned off.
Thats why in my case the button combo did not work, it simply restarted the device.

If i'm not mistaking ,the problem is that in order to get into edl mode with button combination, the phone should be completely turned off.
Thats why in my case the button combo did not work, it simply restarted the device.

It is exactly my scenario. my phone doesn't turn off and doesn't go in edl mode.

But if you see the Qualcomm Qloader 9008 can you not flash the rom with MiFlash? You would not see it if you weren't in edl mode.
It should work flashing with miflash. My problem was that i could not get the device into edl mode without disconnecting the power ribbon from the mainboard and use deep flash cable.
Once i got into edl mode, it flashed in the first try without issues.

Are you able to enter the (chinese) factory menu by pressing and holding Vol+ while powering on? The blue bar is "Power Off".

PS: the right button above the blue bar switches to english language.

Are you able to enter the (chinese) factory menu by pressing and holding Vol+ while powering on? The blue bar is "Power Off".

PS: the right button above the blue bar switches to english language.
no i don't the phone reboot only in fastboot and if i try to turn off the phone it restarts only in a black screen

When you try to turn off you push the power button for about ten seconds, right? Then the phone vibrates and restarts to the same state as before?
Try this: push and hold power button until your phone restarts. Immediately release the power button and quickly push and hold Vol+ until the menu appears.
I softbricked my phone some weeks ago and it worked for me.

tried that way several times. i see the mi logo for about half second and the phone go back in the previous state.
it works only to enter in fastboot mode

BIG UPDATE:

I managed to let the phone enter in edl leaving it in fastboot mode until ran out of battery.

then i made a usb deep connection cable by modding a regular usb one ( peeling green and black e letting the cables touch)

and thanks god, the phone went in edl mode. then i was able to flash "land_global_images_V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI_20161108.0000.00_6.0_global_cd3d94ba1e" using miflash tool. But i had an error at the end of the flash process (240 seconds) about some dummy info

Cattura.jpg

at the moment the phone goes in recovery, in fasttboot mode, and starts Android, but ask me for a password. Obviously there's no password set and i suppose is something related to the bootloader lock.

first of all, the phone went me with miui 7.5 stable (i'm supposing was global because had partial italian language).

It is possible that i have to flash miui 7.5 to unbrick the phone? which one. Any suggestions???

Last edited:
I DID IT!!!!!!

I TRIED TO FLASH CHINA FASTBOOT ROM AND I DID IT!!!!

AND THIS TIME THE UNLOCK PROCEDURE WENT OK!!!

NOW I CAN SAFELY FLASH THE MIUI EU ROM!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR LETTING ME POINT TO THE SOLUTION!

Good thing you managed to do it, @chinasky !! Kudos.
After my bootloader got relocked, I also had the problem of the system (and TWRP) asking for a password to decrypt storage.

i didn' t had twrp at that point @Jaime DLH

. But i tried flashing china stable ( dowloaded all the fastboot version avaible and then searched for the missing dummy.bn file) and i made it!

now my bootloader is really unlocked and i'm charging the phone to install miui eu in order to have Italian Language