Special Edition Usb Port Broken And No Spare Parts To Buy ! Be Careful

Zhell

Members
Jun 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just spent the last 2 days investigating the reason why my 9 months old Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro SE was not charging anymore. At first I believed it was due to a faulty charger or cable so I tried many, then I believed it was a faulty battery so I unmounted it and managed to charge it with external battery cells, up to 5%, enough to start the phone and realize it is not a battery problem.

So I turned to the USB and unmounted that one, and then I measured the voltage between the VCC and GND pins while the phone being charged, and here I found only 0.09V where I should have found 5V. So clearly this is a broken usb port, even if I have always handled my phone with great care.

The salty thing is... there is not spare parts to buy for the pro SE version ! So it is totally impossible to find anywhere a new usb dock (reference "H3B_UB"). So after 9 months, I lose all my data and my phone is good for trash. Yeah \o/

This was my first experience with Xiaomi and I recommended it to many relatives before this. Now I'm so disappointed with them.

Any ideas about what to do from now ?

PS: apparently many people have had this problem as you can find several forum threads if you search "H3B_UB" on google

Reactions: Mi_bovvered
thank you for your answer, but these are for redmi note 3 pro and not note 3 pro SE, the parts are quite different as you can see on the photo below:

Attachments

• 367816SAVE20170303181059.png
    367816SAVE20170303181059.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 2,201
this site is well known on forums discussing the topic, it is a fake, the part has been displayed for months but never was available, and they always say "it will be available in 15 days" if contacted. I think they just saw that there was high traffic for this search term and made use of it. As I explained, since the phone was not released in china, xiaomi already answered several users that there will be no replacement parts to buy

Maybe its just a soldering issue/broken leg on the USB port. Have you investigated with a magnifier? Otherwise try to find a guy that is capable of chinese language and could search on taiwanese shop sites for you.

Maybe its just a soldering issue/broken leg on the USB port. Have you investigated with a magnifier?

Thanks for your answer. I do believe it is a soldering issue on the microUSB port, since I did not measure the right voltage on it despite haven't been able to spot anything with a magnifier, but the problem remains: even the microUSB port is a specific part of the SE version, and no spare parts can be found. So I have hope that I may be able to make the microUSB port from the RN3 or RN3pro fit the RN3proSE dock, but not sure until I have tried.

Otherwise try to find a guy that is capable of chinese language and could search on taiwanese shop sites for you.

Do you mean that spare parts can be found in taiwan ?

Thanks for your answer. I do believe it is a soldering issue on the microUSB port, since I did not measure the right voltage on it despite haven't been able to spot anything with a magnifier, but the problem remains: even the microUSB port is a specific part of the SE version, and no spare parts can be found. So I have hope that I may be able to make the microUSB port from the RN3 or RN3pro fit the RN3proSE dock, but not sure until I have tried.

Do you mean that spare parts can be found in taiwan ?
Yes because the SE version was originally made for Taiwan to match specific local B20 requirements. This is one reason why it was so hard to get accessories at the beginning.

Last edited:
Looks like my gf has just joined the club. Her RN3P SE stopped charging last weekend. It's no longer being detected by PCs/laptops either and it resets USB controllers when connected to them. I even managed to kill one port in my 5-port Anker charger while trying to troubleshoot the issue. It seems there are quite a few threads on different forums describing the very same problem but no solution.

Last edited:
Looks like my gf has just joined the club. Her RN3P SE stopped charging last weekend. It's no longer being detected by PCs/laptops either and it resets USB controllers when connected to them. I even managed to kill one port in my 5-port Anker charger while trying to troubleshoot the issue. It seems there are quite a few threads on different forums describing the very same problem but no solution.

Try this: http://www.cellspare.com/redmi-note-3-special-edition-parts

Edit: have just seen that somebody already posted the link.

Thank you. That's not the right part though and this link has already been posted in several forums. They never had it in stock and they always reply "in 15 days" when asked about availability.

Thank you. That's not the right part though and this link has already been posted in several forums. They never had it in stock and they always reply "in 15 days" when asked about availability.
Did somebody ever try to order it? It might take a few more months before its available if there is demand. Just like the replacement screens. Mine is now about 10 Months old and i was considering to sell it just like for the reason of poor spare parts availability.

Did somebody ever try to order it? It might take a few more months before its available if there is demand. Just like the replacement screens. Mine is now about 10 Months old and i was considering to sell it just like for the reason of poor spare parts availability.

Just asked them whether they'll ever have it in stock. Will see what they say.

Either way, don't think it's the right part mate. Take a look at the pictures I attached. RN3SE has 4 antenna ports while this board has only 3. Unfortunately the port on the right side is actually being used in RN3SE. Apparently this phone was released for Taiwanese market because they utilise band 20 there. Some people say this is the only place where we could try looking for them. Unfortunately, I don't speak Mandarin or know anyone who does.

Attachments

• xiaomi-redmi-note-3-spercial-edition-dock-charging-pcb-board_2-800x800.jpg
    xiaomi-redmi-note-3-spercial-edition-dock-charging-pcb-board_2-800x800.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,334
  • 20170206_123239 (Large).jpg
    20170206_123239 (Large).jpg
    398 KB · Views: 894
Thank you Pertti. Sent them an email. Hope they get back to me with some good news.

Update:

Here's the reply I received:

"Hi dear ,
I am sorry but this usb charge board for red mi note 3 special edition still not available yet .
Best regards !
Athena"

Update 2:

and here's the reply I received from Aliexpress seller:

"Hello my friend
0.gif

I am so sorry for that
8.gif

It in most case, was caused by improper usage.
8.gif

The warranty of our store is 6 months , so now please go to local post to repair it ok?
0.gif

Next time when you order in our store again, we can give u 2-3$ discounts.
I hope u can understand
Best regards,
Wonderful day to you!
Coco"

Last edited:
Already sold mine for same reasons.

RN3P (kenzo) - RN3P SE (kate) : cut/remove the security diode on the USB card. If it doesn't work, remove also the security diode on the motherboard.
Explanations and screenshots :

Thank you! Just managed to bring my girlfriend's dead RN3P back to life by knocking off the USB charging board diode with small flat screwdriver.

RN3P (kenzo) - RN3P SE (kate) : cut/remove the security diode on the USB card. If it doesn't work, remove also the security diode on the motherboard.
Explanations and screenshots : http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/25...e-charge-plus/?do=findComment&comment=3768699
Thank you very much, Kuan! My Redmi note 3 pro prime had short circuit on the input power line. The problem was burnt diode on the little board. As you adviced us, I take off that diode and the phone started to charge. I used Tronsmart QC charger, so I think it was the problem. I will never use QC chargers with non QC phones again.

Изпратено от моят MI 5 с помощта на Tapatalk

Hello,
Removing both diodes did not work - phone still not charging - Redmi Note 3 Special Edition.
Any suggestions?

Just asked them whether they'll ever have it in stock. Will see what they say.

Either way, don't think it's the right part mate. Take a look at the pictures I attached. RN3SE has 4 antenna ports while this board has only 3. Unfortunately the port on the right side is actually being used in RN3SE. Apparently this phone was released for Taiwanese market because they utilise band 20 there. Some people say this is the only place where we could try looking for them. Unfortunately, I don't speak Mandarin or know anyone who does.
Hi i'm also looking for the charging port. I speak mandarin, maybe we can try to find it together?