Stable Version Of Miui 8 For Max Pro 128gb, Helium, Working Great!

Byggeren

Members
Jun 16, 2014
Hi,
I installed the stable version og MIUI8 for Maxpro last week, dirty flash over MIUI7 using TWRP. (Installed xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAXPro_V8.0.2.0.MBDCNDG_v8-6.0.zip). Deleted Cash/Dalvik after flash. Everything installed before the upgrade was kept.

So far everything working great! I have not found a single bug, it seems rock solid. After many years using Samsung Notes and the S7 Edge as the latest, this has been a joy! The performance of the Max has been above and beyond expectations, all at a fraction of the cost of the Samsungs.

Thanks to everyone contributing to this great ROM, keep up the great work!

Same here, a Gearbest one, still locked but with same the stable EU rom on it. Had also several Samsung Notes in the past, I am really happy with the MiMax. The new MIUI8 looks very nice. I do not understand why Xiaomi is not entering US and European markets, their mobiles (and not only those) are really great.

Hi,
I installed the stable version og MIUI8 for Maxpro last week, dirty flash over MIUI7 using TWRP. (Installed xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAXPro_V8.0.2.0.MBDCNDG_v8-6.0.zip). Deleted Cash/Dalvik after flash. Everything installed before the upgrade was kept.

So far everything working great! I have not found a single bug, it seems rock solid. After many years using Samsung Notes and the S7 Edge as the latest, this has been a joy! The performance of the Max has been above and beyond expectations, all at a fraction of the cost of the Samsungs.

How about battery,on this ROM?

For me the battery is great, I did not have the old version installed long enough to have something to compare. With the S7 edge the battery lastet trough the day with ~15% remaining at night. On this I have ~40-50% remaining at the end of the day.

I never charge at night, but I have QC3.0 chargers at home, in the car and at work. It is impressively fast charging considering the humongous battery, it's charging from 40% to 80-90% in less than an hour. For me the battery is great compared to S7 Edge.

I have found a bug where I'm unable to change the wallpaper let alone change the wallpapers from setting menu, says cannot load image. Any way to fix this?

Other than that everything is awesome.

No problems with changing the wallpaper on my device. Installed, online and local images all can be chosen without errors.

The only thing I can think of is to try to wipe cache and dalvik in TWRP, maybe that will fix it.

The only thing I can think of is to try to wipe cache and dalvik in TWRP, maybe that will fix it.
Hi guys, I think I also encountered a bug. I copied mp3s onto mimax, the music is not recognized, and therefore no player finds it. However I can play the sound if I select the file manually, it seems that all tagging information is lost. Anyone encountered something similar?
Cheers, Lati

Gesendet von meinem MI MAX mit Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I would like to get a MiMAX also but i have some questions:

. Is anybody use the GPS on their Mi-MAX ? I would like to know the accuracy in the city ? Is it good ? Fast ?
. And what is the difference Between MI MAX and MI MAX PRO ?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi,

Any test and idea about the GPS ? in a car and in a city ?

I have used the GPS both in the car and walking with Endomondo. I've had no problems at all, it connects just as fast maybe even faster than my S7 Edge.

I have used the GPS both in the car and walking with Endomondo. I've had no problems at all, it connects just as fast maybe even faster than my S7 Edge.

Great thanks.
And it give the good position ? not jumping everywhere ? (My current smarpthone do that, jump everywhere in a city and it's impossible to locate the position... :-( get crazy with it to find my wife !!!)

I haven't noticed any jumping, it seems perfectly fine. But then again I have not tried in a car driving between tall buildings blocking the sky (In Norway this may not even exist anywhere compared to large citys around the world). That said, it's working fine in my office building, where the S7 edge did not pick ut a GPS signal at all in the same location! Maybe they have installed antennas comparable to the size of the phone, that would explain the good reception.

The only thing I had to do to make apps like Endomondo run smoothly is to disable the MIUI powersavings on these apps, otherwise it will pause the apps. Quite logical actually, as long as you know about it.

Thank a lot for your prompt reply.
I hope i'm going to get the one without GPS problem.

One more question before i fullfill my credit card number :): What is the difference between MI MAX Origin (or MI MAX) and MI-MAX PRO ?

Mainly the processor. Snapdragon 650 and Snapdragon 652. Also the so called Max Pro has 64 and 128 GB of RAM. The Max has 32GB of ram (Sometimes 16GB). They are referred to as Helium and Hydrogen version. They use different Firmware. The Pro version is not an official name, but is often used in places like this to differentiate between the models.