Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on xiaomi M2/2S (Latest is QDT14 with Changelog)

@anto1900: Could you do me a favour? Can you look into the settings - in QCS99 the LED settings were not implemented - is there a LED settings option in JDT07?

Maybe a new kernel? don't know.
pesype8e.jpg

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

now the baseband is updated to the 3.3.29 one (the qcs99 was a bit outdated if i'm not wrong)
about the kernel i don't know what mean the 00988 in the name but the 3.3.29 have 00978 instead...

@anto1900: Could you do me a favour? Can you look into the settings - in QCS99 the LED settings were not implemented - is there a LED settings option in JDT07?
No, there isn't.

Edit: Just in case, the led colour is green.

Reactions: mialwe
Thanks for looking, so it's unchanged.
just installed and i'm going back on the 3.3.29
i noticed that, except for the miui market, there is no other chinese app but i don't remeber if there were before or not

Same for me. I love stock Android, fast, reliable, no issues. V5 has themes, nicer camera UI, nice default look (except notification area IMHO) - cannot count the times I switched between stock and V5.

Currently working on a V5 Holo colors theme but reading about Xiaomis upcoming theme policy I might just drop it and switch back to stock Android.

Guess we're in the same boat haha.
wondering if the camera.apk could be ported to stock or does that requite framework notives?

Why isn't my wifi working on system 2? I have installed cwm and enabled truedualboot and then flashed system 1 with miuiandroid rom and system 2 with QCS99. Everything works but wifi. When I want to connect to my wireless it says saved but it's not connecting.

Edit: Does anyone have mirror for QDT07? Official link is to slow.

Guys, PAY ATTENTION TO QDT07! I've flashed it, and when i wanted to come back it semi-bricked my mi2! If anyone it's in that situation here you can find how i solved the issue. So, if you want stock android FLASH QCS99!

Guys, PAY ATTENTION TO QDT07! I've flashed it, and when i wanted to come back it semi-bricked my mi2! If anyone it's in that situation here you can find how i solved the issue. So, if you want stock android FLASH QCS99!
false...i tried it and went back on the 3.3.29 without any problems

alakyr did you have CWM installed and TDB enabled. I think that is what caused him some issues.

Yes you are right I tested it with cwm installed and TDB enabled and was unable to go to cwm recovery or switch active system. Although stock rom itself was working perfect but no option in updater app to boot to recovery and using key combination gets you stuck at mi logo. So be careful with cwm and TDB option enabled

Sent from Teclast A10t using TapaTalk HD

Reactions: dextructor
Seems I currently have the same issue but coming from MIUIAndroid 3.4.5, flashed QCS99 from stock recovery -> stuck at white logo. Never installed CWM.

Edit: Fastboot/Linux does not recognize Fastboot mode device :( D**n.

Edit #2: Booted with 3.4.5 kernel flashed via fastboot.exe on old WinXP machine... puuhhh.

Edit #3: Ok, flashing QCS99 from MIUI 3.4.5 recovery or via 3.3.29 recovery (both to system 1) does give the stuck-at-white-logo state so it might not be possible to easily downgrade to QCS99.
QCS99 with 3.4.5 kernel boots fine but as the correct kernel modules are missing functionality is limited. QCS99+3.4.5 boot.img+3.4.5 modules *should* work, I'll try that later. Maybe.

Reactions: type-R
Anyone getting 1-pixel-high artifacts in notification area (1st line of screen, random width, cant reproduce) from time to time with stock JDT07?

Anyone getting 1-pixel-high artifacts in notification area (1st line of screen, random width, cant reproduce) from time to time with stock JDT07?
Yes I also had this

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The multilang part would not be too difficult but JDT07 has this strange artefact issue mentioned earlier so I tried something else yesterday:

QCS99 multilang framework/other needed files combined with the JDT07 base to get over the touchscreen-firmware update issue - running this since yesterday and it works without an issue - and without the artifact bug (which might be caused by someting in JDT07-/system/lib as the bug occured while doing other tests using e.g. only QCS99-system/app/* and -system//framework/*).

Doing a general quick DIFF for JDT07 and QCS99 most changes seem to be in the base files like kernel, initscripts,... assuming framework and /system/app/* did not receive any changes but have been just recompiled (every single one of the files has changed according to DIFF). No visual changes except the artifact bug have been reported.

Right now I have a complete and working update.zip (244,8Mb) with
- JDT07 kernel/modules, init stuff, modem,...
- QCS99 /system/app/*, /system/framework and /system/lib (without touching the kernel modules)
- multilang, white default notification led, centered lockscreen clock, Roboto Clock font,
- PlayStore (old version) and Talk.apk
- 4.2 swipe-capable keyboard, CMFileManager, Superuser/su...
- EU gps.conf
- NO artefact bug

As this is too big to upload (have some crappy network from time to time) I'm currently preparing a smaller update.zip containing only the changed files, ~135Mb right now, still untested.

If anyone can reccommend a suitable server I'd appreciate it, using dev-host (as for the old modification zips) takes me a lot of time and a lot of upload restarts because of dropped connections (or kids shutting down my Thinkpad while uploading, grrrr :) ).

EDIT: Mpf. Upload terminated itself at 81% :( And one more time. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hm, I can see the following screenshots in Tapatalk but not with Chrome@laptop, strange...
Screenshot_2013-04-11-14-15-36.pngScreenshot_2013-04-11-14-15-04.png

Does anyone know why i can't connect to any wifi on my system 2 with JDT07 installed? It always just says saved and nothing happens when i want to connect to certain wifi network. The problem only exist in system2, system 1 wifi works great. I also tried flashing different rom to system 2 but it stays the same. When i go in advanced settings it says the ip adress not available, while on system 1 there is my ip address although im not connected to any wifi? Pls help!

Same was reported for LennoxOS (based on QCS99), if I remember right no solution -> installing stock Android to partition 1.

The problem is that even i have the same miuiandroid roms on system 1 and 2 the problem on system 2 stays.