Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on xiaomi M2/2S (Latest is QDT14 with Changelog)

hadron

Members
Sep 23, 2012
Xiaomi ROMs are great but i saw some post asking for the stock android on xiaomi M2.
M 2 have the official stock Jellybean 4.1.1 ROM form xiaomi if you preffer.

For Complete list of MI2 ROMs please check this threadhttp://en.miui.com/thread-1885-1-1.html

Screenshot_2012-12-09-21-05-48[1].pngScreenshot_2012-12-09-21-05-59[1].pngScreenshot_2012-12-09-21-06-08[1].pngScreenshot_2012-12-09-21-06-33[1].pngScreenshot_2012-12-09-21-06-55[1].pngScreenshot_2012-12-09-21-07-34[1].png

As its stock so no need for corrections in English . This ROM have only English and Chinese language. It starts in chinese but you can select the english from settings. I found two builds, here are links to the latest build which was built on Nov 22, 2012. its a zip file, install it as usual but you have to wipe all of your user data :( (except internal partition (sdcard)). Here is the link to the zip file.

2013.5.31 UPDATE QDT14 MI2/2S http://bigota.d.miui.com/QDT14/miui_NativeMI2_QDT14_44bd255a2d_4.1.zip
Change Log QDT14 (Google Translated)
Code:
System
· Added support for speakers, headphones compatible with more
· Added new firmware touch
· Optimized Gamma curve adjustment screen
· Optimize voice quality micro letter
· Optimized micro letter in speakerphone and handset voice playback speed of switching between
· Fixed some cases, the playback video problems resulting system is not responding
· Fixed some cases, WLAN Display the status bar to remind the issue can not be canceled
· Fix apple apple earphone headset or class play / pause button occasionally misfire problem
· Fixed some headphones (such as Triangle CK313IS) Play / Pause health problem of false positives for the next song
· Fixed some cases, data is already closed, but the problem is the icon display data
· Fix micro letter Bluetooth headset adapter problem
· Fixed some extreme cases touch-screen buttons work only problem
Phone
· Fix hang up the phone SIM card causes some special problems reload
Gallery
· Fixed video gallery inside the Share button to share the problems can not be clicked
Other
· Fix the consumer's bank to pay through technology sim card into the SIM card tool program to close unexpectedly

2013.4.12 UPDATE QDT10 - http://zt.xiaomi.com/bbszt/rom/android4.1_qdt10/miui_NativeMI2_QDT10_ba56aa55c2_4.1.zip
MiFlash Version:
http://zt.xiaomi.com/bbszt/rom/android4.1_qdt10/miui_MiTwo_QDT10_fastboot_4.1_4lfvks1361.exe

2013.4.3 UPDATE : QDT07 - http://zt.xiaomi.com/bbszt/rom/android4.1_qtd07/miui_NativeMI2_QDT07_7768f486f7_4.1.zip

UPDATE: QCS99 - http://bigota.d.miui.com/QCS99/miui_NativeMI2_QCS99_ede5454314_4.1.zip
Mirror : QCS99

Official :http://bigota.d.miui.com/QCR89/miui_NativeMI2_QCR89_91ad6611a1_4.1.zip
Mirror : http://www.sendspace.com/file/7pdcpc
MD5: 91ad6611a10bfa5d74f02095d60e0dcc

If any one have trouble i can upload to some other server.

hadron

Installed this ROM, but play store keeps force closing.
I tried clearing data and it didn't work.
Thnx

Installed this ROM, but play store keeps force closing.
I tried clearing data and it didn't work.
Thnx
Move the play store to system /app folder set permissions like other files in that folder and reboot.

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Reactions: grondinm
Hi hadron, I saw your tutorial on how to update or flash MI2.. just a little confused..
If I want to flash this Stock Jelly Bean firmware, do I have to repeat the process twice so both partitions will have stock Jelly Bean on it? As in, using the Updater App to flash partition 2, and using MiRecovery to flash partition 1?

Just flash fastboot version via MiFlash, and it will be in both partitions!

Отправлено с моего MI-ONE Plus через Tapatalk

I'm sorry.. very new to this as I've only switched over from One X.. can you point me to any specific tutorial on how to do this? How do I get the MI2 into fastboot mode.. and do I have to use fastboot commands to flash (like the HTC One X)?

sorry to bother you guys.. but where can i find the English version of miflash.. i got a Chinese version and i cant understand it

Hi hadron, I saw your tutorial on how to update or flash MI2.. just a little confused..
If I want to flash this Stock Jelly Bean firmware, do I have to repeat the process twice so both partitions will have stock Jelly Bean on it? As in, using the Updater App to flash partition 2, and using MiRecovery to flash partition 1?

Yes but its not necessary for stock to be in both partitions. then you never use MIUI with out wiping all data from recovery
if you want to keep stock on both partitions easiest way is
1- Boot into recovery.
2- wipe all data.
3- boot into system partition one
4- install stock into System 2 using Updater
5- Put stock JLB into root of sdcard and rename it update.zip
6- reboot to recovery and wip all data
7- install update.zip in partition one
8- Done.

check this thread if you don't know how to boot in recovery/fastboot
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/boot-to-recovery-using-key-combination.18883/
you don't need fast boot mode with zip files. its a little different than One X (we update Boot on One X using fastboot when it is not S off usually)

hadron

Reactions: Melvyn Ong
sorry to bother you guys.. but where can i find the English version of miflash.. i got a Chinese version and i cant understand it
I never used it so i am not sure about it but Its better to use recovery its more handy.

hadron

One last quick question (sorry!), knowing that One X's SD is totally separate due to HTC's S-ON, I know whenever I wipe data, cache, delvik.. nothing will be wiped from the SD partition. Since the MI2 has all access unlocked and the SD integrated.. will I be subjected to a data wipe out if I were to wipe data or any other thing accidentally? Making the update.zip gone and can't boot back to MIUI or other ROM? Should I avoid wiping anything in particular if I were to flash a ROM via recovery?

I'm sorry.. very new to this as I've only switched over from One X.. can you point me to any specific tutorial on how to do this? How do I get the MI2 into fastboot mode.. and do I have to use fastboot commands to flash (like the HTC One X)?
First - sorry for my English!

Backup all your data from phone!!!! Because flashing ROM via MiFlash erase all the partitions & data. No need to do any wipes whith this method.

To enter fastboot mode U must keeping pressing "vol -" press power button - the rabbit repairing android on screen must appear
old Miflash (but easy to use) U can download here for example....
1 Download fastboot version of needed ROM (JLB 5.0 or 2.12.7....) Unpack it into the new folder on your PC
2 Enter MiFlash & plug in MITU in fastboot mode to your PC
3 in MiFlash whith "Browse" button, U must choose the directory where U unpack your fastboot ROM
4 press "Refresh" button.
1477960.jpg

5 Press "Flash" button to flash ROM

ROM flashs in both systems!!!

One last quick question (sorry!), knowing that One X's SD is totally separate due to HTC's S-ON, I know whenever I wipe data, cache, delvik.. nothing will be wiped from the SD partition. Since the MI2 has all access unlocked and the SD integrated.. will I be subjected to a data wipe out if I were to wipe data or any other thing accidentally? Making the update.zip gone and can't boot back to MIUI or other ROM? Should I avoid wiping anything in particular if I were to flash a ROM via recovery?
Using recovery, your card is safe. Sdcard data is not fomated when you wipe all data only user application and there data and system app data is deleted. This is why the recovery method is prefered. You don't need to copy your card data to computer every week!

Hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

First - sorry for my English!

Backup all your data from phone!!!! Because flashing ROM via MiFlash erase all the partitions & data. No need to do any wipes whith this method.

To enter fastboot mode U must keeping pressing "vol -" press power button - the rabbit repairing android on screen must appear
old Miflash (but easy to use) U can download here for example....
1 Download fastboot version of needed ROM (JLB 5.0 or 2.12.7....) Unpack it into the new folder on your PC
2 Enter MiFlash & plug in MITU in fastboot mode to your PC
3 in MiFlash whith "Browse" button, U must choose the directory where U unpack your fastboot ROM
4 press "Refresh" button.
View attachment 4975
5 Press "Flash" button to flash ROM

ROM flashs in both systems!!!

This method is simple have two disadvantages

1. You need computer and proper drivers
2. It format all of data including sdcard data.

So it's not good for weekly updates. Yeh it's ok if you only update once in awhile.

Hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Thanks, this clears a lot of things up. But since this is a stock Jelly Bean firmware.. it would be advisable to use the MiFlash method to have both partitions using the same firmware right? Because following your tutorial, I can't have English MIUI in partition 1, and flash a stock Jelly Bean firmware into partition 2 (data not aligned)?

Thanks, this clears a lot of things up. But since this is a stock Jelly Bean firmware.. it would be advisable to use the MiFlash method to have both partitions using the same firmware right? Because following your tutorial, I can't have English MIUI in partition 1, and flash a stock Jelly Bean firmware into partition 2 (data not aligned)?
Yes if you have the mi flash and stock JLB in .exe format.

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

So it's not good for weekly updates. Yeh it's ok if you only update once in awhile.
Yes, it's not so simple, but it can help remove any problems...

Not everyone want to update every week.

It's easier to download xiaomi originall ROM (not miuiandroid.com) and update it every week by small OTA packages.
To localize third-party soft from Play Store(for example) U can install MoreLocale2 & choose your region there....

and something else I want to tell.............

if there is different ROMs in partitions, it can be some mistakes (FC for example) in working....

If in both partitions there is the same ROMs - phone will work more stable....

If U want to change MIUI to stock Android 4.1 like QCR89 - the good tutorial is:
to flash fastboot version, and than install via recovery or updater your locolize version (if it presents).
To change native Android to MIUI - the tutorial is the same! And it will help avoid many mistakes.

it's all been tested by many users yet on the previous model - MiOne.

So if I use MiFlash, I can't flash this stock Jelly Bean because it's in a zip file? But the official downloads on miui.com are also zip files.. where do I find these exe files from?

thanks a lot for the links , now i've got bot the android and the JLB miui .exe but unfortunally it seem i cannot download the MIFlash from the link in the post above , can anyone give a different link thanks

and also , i'm on windows8 , do i need to install drivers ? if yes , where can i find it ?