Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on xiaomi M2/2S (Latest is QDT14 with Changelog)

Too many bugs...random driver crash on Bluetooth...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

@hadron
Could you post the webpage address for stock ROMS (not download link) so in the future i could check for newer versions
thnx

Yes but its not necessary for stock to be in both partitions. then you never use MIUI with out wiping all data from recovery
if you want to keep stock on both partitions easiest way is
1- Boot into recovery.
2- wipe all data.
3- boot into system partition one
4- install stock into System 2 using Updater
5- Put stock JLB into root of sdcard and rename it update.zip
6- reboot to recovery and wip all data
7- install update.zip in partition one
8- Done.

check this thread if you don't know how to boot in recovery/fastboot
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/boot-to-recovery-using-key-combination.18883/
you don't need fast boot mode with zip files. its a little different than One X (we update Boot on One X using fastboot when it is not S off usually)

hadron
You say I have to wipe all data. I guess this is for both of the partitions? When I make a back-up in Miui-Backup can I put it back after the fullwipe? I rather have Miui on partition One and Stock JLB on Partition 2. I don't want to loose everything in Miui if that is possible :cool:

You say I have to wipe all data. I guess this is for both of the partitions? When I make a back-up in Miui-Backup can I put it back after the fullwipe? I rather have Miui on partition One and Stock JLB on Partition 2. I don't want to loose everything in Miui if that is possible :cool:
MIUI back data is on sdcard so if you do full wipe from recovery then that backup data will be safe

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

I believe you can't dual boot into different OS versions since the information is shared by both partitions..

Reactions: type-R
hmm is there any battery saving tips while using? my battery goes for 1% in 2minutes when using....

no wifi/gps/auto-rotate
3g data is on only
screen brightness 20%

yes, set ady....any other software that could help? i've optimized the startup and almost everything else i could

Hey, i just received my M2 yesterday and installed the stock jb rom. Now i tried to install the Google Play Store but play store crashes every time. In the first posts was said that you have to move the folder of play store, but if i use the file explorer i don't see those folders... i allready also used the installation via miflash but this does not change anything. It also does not wipe the "sd card" part? Have you any ideas for me. It's quite hard to find at the moment any proper informations how to do such things on this phone...

Hey, i just received my M2 yesterday and installed the stock jb rom. Now i tried to install the Google Play Store but play store crashes every time. In the first posts was said that you have to move the folder of play store, but if i use the file explorer i don't see those folders... i allready also used the installation via miflash but this does not change anything. It also does not wipe the "sd card" part? Have you any ideas for me. It's quite hard to find at the moment any proper informations how to do such things on this phone...
You need file explorer with root access like root explorer. Then mount /system /app folder as r/w and copy the downloaded play store app there and set the permissions like other apps there. And then restart.
Good luck

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Reactions: Vio
Hi all,

I want to know if we can change the vibration intensity on JB 4.1.1?!

Thx in advance

Is it possible to activate Xiaomi account syncing with the stock ROM? I prefer stock Jelly Bean over MIUI, but I also really liked the Xiaomi account sync feature on MIUI. Is it possible to activate this syncing ability on stock JB? Or maybe install it somehow?

at the moment its not possible as far i know . because of non availability of miui services

Most of my Google contacts don't have phone numbers associated with them so I'd rather not have them in my list. The contacts in my Xiaomi account all had phone numbers so I'd rather use my Xiaomi account.

Does anyone have the 5.0 stock zip for xiaomi mi2 or a link to it? I could not find it on the official rom site of Xiaomi. I would just like to have it so I can go back to how my MI2 originally came to me. Thanks.

I am updating to the Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 and if I wanted to go back to how my phone arrived it came with 5.0 on it and then updated after to 7.0. Thanks and great information here!