Stuck In "qualcomm Hs-usb Diagnostics 900e) Mode After Flashing

Odonadon

Members
Jul 13, 2016
Hi,

I just received two new 5x phones. Went through the instructions to flash latest stable available for tiffany - xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5X_V8.5.14.0.NDBCNED_v8-7.1.zip. Flashed TWRP, booted to TWRP OK. Kicked off install of ROM and said successful at the end.

When done I wiped davlik cache and did a reboot to system from within TWRP.

Black screen following that. Checks in Device Manager and stuck in Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E mode

Unable to get into recovery or bootloader.

Did some research and found others with this issue using deep flash cable to get operating again. I have ordered a cable, should be here in a few days.

It seems a bit odd that the same thing happened for two 5xs. Is there another way to get out of Diagnostics 900E mode and boot it up?

Cheers,
Odonadon

its because you had FAKE ROM preinstalled there by a seller..

actually.. you just bricked it..

return it back and ask for no touched chinese version..!

In case when there is FAKE ROM preinstalled, always flash original chinese ROM on it before any other manipulation with a device..

Reactions: alan0ford
Hi,
this is mi first post.
unfortunately my device is in this state.
I'm looking through the deep flash cable procedure to bring the device back to life, but it's still in the state:
qualcomm Hs-usb Diagnostics 900e

I would not like to do the procedure: Test point method

Has anyone who has succeeded solved it?

Hi,
this is mi first post.
unfortunately my device is in this state.
I'm looking through the deep flash cable procedure to bring the device back to life, but it's still in the state:
qualcomm Hs-usb Diagnostics 900e

I would not like to do the procedure: Test point method

Has anyone who has succeeded solved it?

Hi, I don't own a MI5x but I saw a few tread in MI forum stating "test point method" doesn't work, there is alot of brick MI5x due to Fake rom installed by the resellers.(Try looking around in MI forum) anyway I believe they are working on it to find a possible solution. Good luck!

Hi,
i have "test point method" the device enter into qualcomm dloader 9008 but after flash whit miflash the device don't working...

Reactions: Hiro27
I tried all the solutions, with "test point" I can flash but return to 908e, I tried with QPST and the only rom I can flash is geekbuyng rom but always negative. after two days of testing I can not get a boss.
know some way to reprogram Bootloader?
could
you tell me the telegram channel where users complain of the cell phone "xiaomi mi 5x"
tried QPST I tried to put cust.img instead of geekbuyng, nothing.
I also noticed that the file partition.xml and rawprogram0.xml are different between the Chinese officer and the geekbuyng.
rawprogram0.xml
Official
Quote: <program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="cust.img" label="cust" num_partition_sectors="1703936" physical_partition_number="0" size_in_KB="851968.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0x118082000" start_sector="9176080"/>

geekbuyng
Quote: <program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="cust.img" label="cust" num_partition_sectors="1703936" physical_partition_number="0" size_in_KB="851968.0" sparse="false" start_byte_hex="0x118082000" start_sector="9176080"/>

partition.xml
Official
Quote: <partition label="cust" size_in_kb="851968" type="1B81E7E6-F50D-419B-A739-2AEEF8DA3335" bootable="false" readonly="false" filename="" sparse="true"/>

geekbuyng
Quote: <partition label="cust" size_in_kb="851968" type="1B81E7E6-F50D-419B-A739-2AEEF8DA3335" bootable="false" readonly="false" filename="cust.img" sparse="false"/>

Return it to the shop and ask for original untouched version..
They are flashing there mimax2 roms... There is no known way how to fix it yet..

~Tapatalk~

Please go to MIUI forum, then "Mi 5X" subforum and search a thread named "Xiaomi Mi 5X 900E mode semi-unbrick guide". You can unbrick your devices. Unfortunately, I can't put links here.

Hi,
i have "test point method" the device enter into qualcomm dloader 9008 but after flash whit miflash the device don't working...
Hi, please tell me how to flash with qloader 9008. My 5x failed flashing With qloader 9008, said hello packet cannot received

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

I already have tried to flash in EDL mode but when the flashing is done the phone did not reboot, plugged in the charger, and connected to the computer only received

qualcomm Hs-usb Diagnostics 900e​