Suggest Me a Replacement LCD Screen for a Mi Mix 2

GuseppiGuliano

Members
Dec 9, 2013
Hi there all! I hope you all are fine and doing well amidst the crisis...

So I broke my LCD screen and then I jumped on the @liexpres train to order a new replacement LCD... It came, I installed, and to my utmost surprise, MIUI's Reading Mode woulnd't work anymore... At the time, I was of course running the latest MIUI 11 Beta... In curiosity I rebooted to TWRP, which would only show black and brey irregular bars... Well, I do confirm there was a working recovery there, because of the haptic vibrations that any TWRP gives... It got confirmed that it is nothing else but a poor, substandard LCD display driver implementation. Now, I have replaced around 15 - 20 different LCDs within my family. But, I had never seen something like this...

What I want is to restore my phone, please suggest me an LCD screen that supports TWRP and the Reading Mode (preferably on @liexpres)...

Thanks

Last edited:
@wamy007
Thanks for your reply... But I see this down in the "Question Answers Section":

View attachment 1590186731137.png

What do you say? Should I still give it a go? And by the way, is the LCD with 10 points of touch?
Also mention the quality of the frame? is it like the original? aluminium or plasticky?

Thanks a lot...

Bought it more then a year ago.
Had a original aluminium frame and twrp worked.
Allready sold the phone so can't test 10 finger support.
Maybe they have a new batch of screens that don't support twrp...
Try to contact the seller. I'm curious what response you get.

Reactions: GuseppiGuliano
Bought it more then a year ago.
Had a original aluminium frame and twrp worked.
Allready sold the phone so can't test 10 finger support.
Maybe they have a new batch of screens that don't support twrp...
Try to contact the seller. I'm curious what response you get.
I have sent them a message, waiting for their reply...

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Can anyone suggest me an alternative as the one suggested by dear @wamy007 has some ambiguities as the seller is not responding to my questions...

Thanks

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk