How to Unlock Bootloader, Unbrick and Install correctly MIUI 11 on MI9T (9.9.26 to 20.1.21)

Just asking to be sure. I'm on rooted global 10.3.11 with fixed russian 3.3.1-2 TWRP at the moment. If I want to install stable xiaomi.eu 10.3.15, do I need to wipe or format anything before/after installation or can I just dirty flash it over my current global ROM?
If I followed the installation guide correctly it doesn't say you have to wipe anything, correct?
Thanks in advance

Just asking to be sure. I'm on rooted global 10.3.11 with fixed russian 3.3.1-2 TWRP at the moment. If I want to install stable xiaomi.eu 10.3.15, do I need to wipe or format anything before/after installation or can I just dirty flash it over my current global ROM?
If I followed the installation guide correctly it doesn't say you have to wipe anything, correct?
Thanks in advance

From Official ROM, it's required to "Format Data" before flashing EU ROM or phone will always reboot to Fastboot (bricked state).
EDIT: My steps to install:
1) Boot to TWRP
2) Wipe -> Format Data (type "yes" to confirm)
3) Back to main TWRP menu -> Reboot -> Recovery
4) Copy EU ROM zip file in internal storage via USB
5) Install -> Select EU ROM zip, flash it and wipe Dalvik/Cache before reboot

Last edited:
Its necessary to install beta versions after the installation of xiaomi.eu 10.3.15
Sorry if i dont make myself clear enough google keyboard betrayed me. I was just asking since the new stable version is the 11.0.3. Can i install this one directly instead of the 10.3.15 and the beta one

Hi, i'm on 11.0.2 EEA stock ROM. I want to install weekly xiaomi.eu ROM after unlocking bootloader. Do I need to install all versions from the 1st post of this thread?

Hey, I just updated directly from MIUI 10.3.15 (Android 9) to MIUI 11.1 (9.11.21 beta) (Android 10) with no problems:

unlock bootloader (Follow the tutorial, including TWRP installing)
install twrp ( rus that's in this thread) via fastboot (WITH .BAT FILE) and REBOOT TO TWRP (critical step) by holding power butrón and +volume, if not the stock rom will replace the stock recovery and you'll have to flash it again
format data and then reboot again to recovery
copy rom (i'm using weekly 9.11.21)
install
wipe cache

Reactions: -brnZ
Hi, I've seen many people saying different ways to install this so I'm still kinda confused..
I'm on latest Global Stable MIUI 11.0.1 and I want to install the latest weekly EU ROM.

- flash LRteam 3.3.1-1109 TWRP
- reboot to recovery
- format data > type yes
- reboot to recovery
- install latest weekly EU
- wipe dalvik/cache
- reboot system

Is this correct? Going from Global Stable MIUI 11.0.1 to latest weekly.

Hi, I've seen many people saying different ways to install this so I'm still kinda confused..
I'm on latest Global Stable MIUI 11.0.1 and I want to install the latest weekly EU ROM.

- reboot to recovery
- format data > type yes
- reboot to recovery
- wipe dalvik/cache
- reboot system

Is this correct? Going from Global Stable MIUI 11.0.1 to latest weekly.

Yes, correct.

Hi, i'm on 11.0.2 EEA stock ROM. I want to install weekly xiaomi.eu ROM after unlocking bootloader. Do I need to install all versions from the 1st post of this thread?

I'm currently on 11.0.2 Global Stable (PFJEUXM) on Mi9T; do you think I can do the same like you, flashing directly to latest xiaomi.eu weekly? Thanks!

the russian TWRP are working to news weekly?
i found one in xda but seems to have some bugs with the lasts updates

Last edited:
I'm currently on 11.0.2 Global Stable (PFJEUXM) on Mi9T; do you think I can do the same like you, flashing directly to latest xiaomi.eu weekly? Thanks!
Yes, you can. Unlock bootloader, flash TWRP, Format Data and flash xiaomi.eu latest weekly.

why can't i downgrade ? Installed 9.11.28 and tried to go back to 9.10.24 but can't. tried the unbrick mehod , but the miflash tol says can't downgrade .
any tip ?

why can't i downgrade ? Installed 9.11.28 and tried to go back to 9.10.24 but can't. tried the unbrick mehod , but the miflash tol says can't downgrade .
any tip ?
miflash? MIFLASH?
You are using Miflash?
That's impossible .
Please install EU weekly with TWRP.

Reactions: oodie
miflash? MIFLASH?
You are using Miflash?
That's impossible .
Please install EU weekly with TWRP.
Yeah , I use weekly with TWRP. but the older versins doesn't boot after flashing 9.11.28 . tried flashing several , stable and weeklies. nthing boots. but 9.11.28 boots. so that i thought I can't downgrade and have to go with miflash, but even that doesn't work ':( can't downgrade.

I've started using .EU yesterday for the first time and the difference from Global Stable is brutal. Android 10, bunch of new features, improved smoothness.. so much better! Thanks for all the hard work devs!

In case there's still someone wondering how to install latest weekly, that's how I did it:

Coming from latest Global Stable MIUI 11:

- reboot to recovery
- format data > type yes
- reboot to recovery
- copy ROM from PC to phone
- wipe dalvik/cache
- reboot system

I've started using .EU yesterday for the first time and the difference from Global Stable is brutal. Android 10, bunch of new features, improved smoothness.. so much better! Thanks for all the hard work devs!

In case there's still someone wondering how to install latest weekly, that's how I did it:

Coming from latest Global Stable MIUI 11:

- reboot to recovery
- format data > type yes
- reboot to recovery
- copy ROM from PC to phone
- wipe dalvik/cache
- reboot system

I can confirm the same... coming as well from Miui 11 stable. It's so much better, incredible! So many thanks for all the efforts! :)

Is this safe to update? Found it under Settings > Privacy > Security Stats > Google Play System Update

Latest weekly, no root.