Swype 3.0 finally works on MIUI!

bejank

Members
Dec 27, 2010
If you've ever tried to use swype on MIUI, you know the licensing process is a nightmare, if not impossible. With the new release of Swype 3.0, however, along with tap prediction and a new selection bar, comes a new installer that allows you to install Swype without disabling your keyboard. It still counts disabling the keyboard as a step, but when you hit the button and then back out of the keyboard settings menu the installer commences with the licensing process and you've got a fully working version of swype on your MIUI device!
You can grab Swype here: www.beta.swype.com

its still not working for me, the "disable swype" step even if i follow your intructions it doesnt move to the licesning part

Working!!! Found the fix here http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?3586-Swype-on-MIUI&highlight=miui

"UPDATE
Managed to get it working on MIUI but a bit of a lengthy procedure.

Download installer
Download and install swype
At the enable step leave the installer and select swype as the input device
Reboot your phone
After Reboot, open the swype installer again
Select "Select Android keyboard" and change input back to android keyboard
Choose disable swype, go to applications and uninstall swype but NOT THE INSTALLER
Go back to the installer and generate license
This should put you through the download process again so just follow it and re-install swype
Once re-installed it should generate the license, but it still won't work
Reboot your phone again and all should work, enjoy!"

really sad !!!! It didn't worked for me....when I go back to the installer the generate license button is still disabled.... why !! any ideas???

=gropius;69337]really sad !!!! It didn't worked for me....when I go back to the installer the generate license button is still disabled.... why !! any ideas???[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't work either, but I rebooted my phone, went back to the installer and the generate license button was disabled, but I went backk to check my swype and was working properly, even though the installer tell you otherwise

Sent from my Droid using the miuiandroid.com forum app

NXUS I did that and it didn't work. Like I said, when I go to this step "Go back to the installer and generate license", that button is still disabled. =(

guys trythe method i used and follow intructions pefectly. It works!
The problem with this method is that phones with low ram automatically close swype installer in the background, so when users switch back to the installer it simply prompts them to reinstall swype.

I have a desire Z, so yes, im guessing that would be a problem. Maybe kill all other apps running except installer and app manager?

I have a Nexus s and I just went ahead and installed it like OP said and it never asked me to disable or change keyboard in settings...It just installed like any other app

The problem with this method is that phones with low ram automatically close swype installer in the background, so when users switch back to the installer it simply prompts them to reinstall swype.

that's my problem !!!! I'm using a milestone 1... and miui eats all the ram left.... what I can't understand is why miui decided to remove the option to able/disable keyboards !!!!!