System one gives constant error "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"

LinkTree

Members
Dec 19, 2013
Hi I got my new Xiaomi MI2s a few days ago and today I wanted to install a new ROM with a different language so I was looking for a guide that will help me. I found this one:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/a-simple-update-guide-for-xiaomi-m2.18942/

I noticed that he was writing about the MI2s having 2 partitions. but I wasn't too sure what it meant exactly.
are there 2 different operating systems installed on each partition, or there is only a single operating system and it doesn't matter if you flash it on system one or two, they will both have it.

anyways, I was checking out the recovery mode of the phone and then left it alone for a few minutes and when I looked at it again I noticed the options that were previously showing on the screen changed and now it showed an option to boot into either of the partitions. So I decided to play around with it and boot into system one. during the boot there was a white screen with the jellybean android icon saying something about optimizing my apps x/y. when it finished I was finally at the lockscreen but at the bottom of the screen a white message box popped saying "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" with an option to tell MiUI or close it. this message box kept on repeating nonstop every time I closed it. and I also noticed the top status bar didn't show my phone service provider name and I think it didn't show the signal meter either.

sorry for the long wall of text but I wanted to provide as much info as I can so it will be easier for you to help me.

Thanks for your time.

you have two system partitions but they share one data partition.
It's just a technical concept for safe system updates and it's not meant for dual booting.

If you want to do that you need to install CWM and enable TDB which installs some hacks to allow you dual booting

you have two system partitions but they share one data partition.
It's just a technical concept for safe system updates and it's not meant for dual booting.

If you want to do that you need to install CWM and enable TDB which installs some hacks to allow you dual booting
Firstly I'd like to thank you for the work you did with the clockwork recovery and CM ROM. even though I am new to the world of android I really appreciate the time and effort you put to help develop the android community. cheers!

I don't care about dual booting I just want a better language support and battery management.
do you know why booting into system one gives me all these constant errors?

if I upgraded the rom on system 2 from jlb 20 to jlb 23(latest) from the updater application and I haven't done the same for system 1, could it cause this inconsistency between the two partitions?
how would you suggest to fix this?
thank you.