Tap fingerprint sensor to wake location

Xandar

Members
May 24, 2023
Hi, I'm using Xiaomi.EU 14.0.2.0 on my Redwood, and I'm wondering where tap fingerprint to wake toggle is located, because it seems to be disabled by default? It is one of the features written in the MIUI 14 post.
On stock MIUI it's enabled by default and I can't get over it being disabled here.
Thanks.
Screenshot_2023-06-24-16-44-28-921_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Hi, I'm using Xiaomi.EU 14.0.2.0 on my Redwood, and I'm wondering where tap fingerprint to wake toggle is located, because it seems to be disabled by default? It is one of the features written in the MIUI 14 post.
On stock MIUI it's enabled by default and I can't get over it being disabled here.
Thanks.View attachment 48162
Settings > Passwords & Security > Fingerprint Unlock and there should be an option being "Fingerprint recognition method" which you can change from Touch to Press

Screenshot_2023-06-24-18-20-04-881_com.android.settings.jpg

Settings > Passwords & Security > Fingerprint Unlock and there should be an option being "Fingerprint recognition method" which you can change from Touch to Press

View attachment 48163
Thanks, but I didn't know that was referring to that.

In global stock MIUI, when the phone starts falling asleep (if you are not touching it), you can stop that by just putting your finger on the sensor and the screen will bring the lightness up again.
On Xiaomi.EU that doesn't seem to be working.
Is there any toggle for this thing I'm referring to?