Terrible battery life :(

because theres alot of good deals at the moment, and i just switched to one which is unlimited calls/sms/3gb for 10$ :)
Others will be twice the money, which of course is not too much..but i just bought the sim :-\
i actually notice how battery drain is slowed down once switched to wifi, i wonder if its part of the regular power saving comparing wifi with 3g, or its also an effect of the simcard issue.
where have you read it? im curious if there's any more details about that issue.

i actually notice how battery drain is slowed down once switched to wifi, i wonder if its part of the regular power saving comparing wifi with 3g, or its also an effect of the simcard issue.

3g/4g drains battery waaaay more than wifi. Personally, my phone will last almost twice as long if I'm on wifi as opposed to 3g.

Maybe try to see what happens if you're running on your 2G network only (you can always activate the 3G at will if needed at some point for important stuff).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I will try.
I was on my way to work now, almost 1 hour drive, all way with 3g only of course..
so 1 hour unplugged, now at 92%, where screen was just on my bag...doing nothing.
i bet some of this is simply related to all those POST packets sent to tracking.miui.com, which i havent got sense yet where it comes from

My last battery run:

26 hours of medium use. I come from aSGS where 12-13hours were the average, so Im happy with these baheaviour. Moreover, flickr has consumed 50% of the battery, and I have not even executed the app?¿?¿?¿

Open the Flickr app and try to see if it's forcing some sync's sessions.

Open the Flickr app and try to see if it's forcing some sync's sessions.

And how can I do that? I can open the app info and force stop, but how can I check what u say?

Thanks in advance

I'm not using the app myself but can you access to its settings when the app is launched ? Or maybe an account Flickr had been add in your phone's account meaning : is there an Flickr account when you go into your phone's settings then scroll down into your accounts and check if there's a Flickr account there. If there is, see what is checked and uncheck what you want.

Hope it helps.

Can any of you confirm normal battery life, but with 3G only?
Myself i can have great battery life if only on wifi, which is similar to being on 2g.
but with 3g the battery life is the worst...
being on 3g with data off is ok, as 2g, but in status i can see that im on HSDPA, so i can determine that its not the signal strength the issue, but only the moment i turn data on.
and I have alot of "Phone" and "Google services" wakelocks.
phone is caused by sim toolkit, any ideas what its for? seems kinda silly...
and google services isnt something i cant cancel, sadly :p Account manager & Services framework.
the interesting thing is that with my older phone i didnt have so much wakelocks of google services and simtooklit not at all.
I see those details with GSAM Battery

I'm among those lucky guys who don't have any major issue with battery while using 3G network + data. Like any high end phone, battery life take a huge hit when I play some games.

But the Sim toolkit app usually got the phone numbers to your provider to get information about your balance or to top up. Try to freeze the app using titanium backup for example. Or any other unwanted consuming service.
If that doesn't affect your activity (at least the Sim toolkit won't), it's all good.

I tried to freeze it, but it wouldnt seem to work..
in app detail of "phone" in gsam battery, i still see some hundred wakelocks caused by phone, and the packages are Sim Toolkit :|
I rechecked, it is freezed.
Also, in "Android system" i have mostly phone location, but i have canceled in anywhere possible..and in settings only GPS Satellites is active

You really should deactivate GPS chip.

As far as the test on tweaker.net, they didn't come up with a solution regarding the network issue. I guess, you have to use the 2G network until a fix is found.

What the gps chip had to do with it?
I try to hold on to 2g or wifi
Maybe I will change network provider :-\

As for my case, the 3G drains the battery really fast! Was using miuiandroid ROM.. then now switched back to stock JLB 7.0 and it seems the battery lasts longer.. even on 3G.

As for my case, the 3G drains the battery really fast! Was using miuiandroid ROM.. then now switched back to stock JLB 7.0 and it seems the battery lasts longer.. even on 3G.
Did you have your WiFi on or off? I believe there's a serious WiFi logspam problem in 3.1.11+

I have 2 simcard with 2 different operators.
1st operator is powerful and I never lose signal, signal is stable mostly on H
2nd operator is cheaper for me (120minutes+120sms+internet = 8euro monthly (10$about)) and is good but not as the first operator, It loses signal and It switches from H to 3g to nothing continuously

So, Battery drains a lot faster with the 2nd operator...

it might
I have 2 simcard with 2 different operators.
1st operator is powerful and I never lose signal, signal is stable mostly on H
2nd operator is cheaper for me (120minutes+120sms+internet = 8euro monthly (10$about)) and is good but not as the first operator, It loses signal and It switches from H to 3g to nothing continuously

So, Battery drains a lot faster with the 2nd operator...
This might be becuase 2nd operator dont have a enough cell towers where you live and that causes it to switch from H to 3G.
Its a common problem when you live outside of the main city in some countries. It costs a lot of money to build out the cell network system.

Mine was just an example for the thread in a my personal past experience with a google nexus one =)

OK, I did an idling test on JLB 7.0 like jaypop's.. with WiFi on, but leaving it idling most of the time. Power mode is "normal".. I did bring the phone out, only to snap a few photos.. but other than that, not much usage. This is just to test the drain.. normal use would definitely drain the battery more.
Screenshot_2013_01_30_19_13_22.png

Screenshot_2013_01_30_19_13_37.png

OK, I did an idling test on JLB 7.0 like jaypop's.. with WiFi on, but leaving it idling most of the time. Power mode is "normal".. I did bring the phone out, only to snap a few photos.. but other than that, not much usage. This is just to test the drain.. normal use would definitely drain the battery more.
Screenshot_2013_01_30_19_13_22.png

Screenshot_2013_01_30_19_13_37.png

What u mean with Power mode is "normal"?

Inviato dal mio MI 1S con Tapatalk 2