Testing OK Google on Mi 8 Explorer

Wow!

No Training, nothing, it's just working oob!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
dde73f5c07bedd10007cc068f7c231aa.jpg

b79200fefb9ae5830a32e51c0fdb29b7.jpg

Thanks! How did you... ?

Impressive!

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Have fun with it, thanks for testing!
I've finally found the culprit that originates from China ROM and worked around it.

Reactions: Karpfenhai
Have fun with it, thanks for testing!
I've finally found the culprit that originates from China ROM and worked around it.
If you don't mind sharing?
You probably just commented some certain lines of code?

Nice catch, spacibo!

If you don't mind sharing?
You probably just commented some certain lines of code?

Nice catch, spacibo!

its our know-how.. you dont need to know more details.. just enjoy our roms..

Reactions: Garnett
I see, no Global Q to patch China Q. I hope for Mi9 stable these will appear simultaneously .
Anyway, good job

Just updated to 9.10.24 weekly on my Mi8 EE in dutch and now Voice Match NOT working anymore. It says it is not available in your language but i 9.9.3 it was working perfect. Maybe it has to do with the switch to Android 10?

Now MIUI 12 installed and with the update from 28-05-20 OK Google works perfect. Android Auto works perfect.
I'm still very HAPPY with my Mi 8 EE. Hopefully my next phone will be the Mi 10 EE if that one is planned :)

You just commented on a reply from Sep 7, 2019, genius.
Sorry.. Anyway, why isn't there available on Miui global 12.0.1.0 version for dipper? Only V11.0.5.0.QEAMIXM is listed.Also, 12.0.1.0 on eu is from July 27th. Strange it hasn't been updated yet.. and Mi8pro for example has.

Sorry.. Anyway, why isn't there available on Miui global 12.0.1.0 version for dipper? Only V11.0.5.0.QEAMIXM is listed.Also, 12.0.1.0 on eu is from July 27th. Strange it hasn't been updated yet.. and Mi8pro for example has.
We're not MIUI Global, so I can't answer your question.

xiaomi.eu uses the chinese rom as its source, not the global one! Mi 8 got the stable chinese rom released but not the global one yet.

Thats why we have already a stable xiaomi.eu released, while the global official rom has not been released yet.

xiaomi.eu uses the chinese rom as its source, not the global one! Mi 8 got the stable chinese rom released but not the global one yet.

Thats why we have already a stable xiaomi.eu released, while the global official rom has not been released yet.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize...
And why no stable update for more than two months? Every Mi 8 variety has got one but us.... Sorry for rule breakage but there must be a glitch..

Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize...
And why no stable update for more than two months? Every Mi 8 variety has got one but us.... Sorry for rule breakage but there must be a glitch..
Mi 8 Lite also got a single Stable V12 update so far, so no point in cherry picking...
We have no control over Xiaomi's release schedule, no one here can give you a reason because, as far as I'm aware, there are no Xiaomi employees here.

And to be honest, I'm not sure how you managed to turn my "Testing OK Google on Mi 8 Explorer" thread to a discussion of Mi 8 release schedule...

Reactions: LOLO9393