TWRP can't mount internal storage at OTA update mi10

Chrizl123

Members
Nov 10, 2018
Hi,
If I make a OTA update from my mi10 and xiaomi.eu rom the phone reboots in twrp. But I can't use the internal storage to select the zip file. Only installing from usb is possible. The internal storage is 0mb and twrp doesn't ask for Android pin code to unlock. Why is the internal storage not mounted and how can I solve the problem without full reset the phone?

Screenshots at the bottom, but sorry in English

The installation from usb is still successful

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-14-18-58-51-950_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-14-18-58-51-950_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 569
  • Screenshot_2021-01-14-18-59-02-132_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-14-18-59-02-132_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 362
Hello,

On Android 11, please use "Pattern" and not "Pin/Password" for unlocking your device to able to decrypt storage in TWRP (until a new TWRP version is released for your device).

;)

EDIT: I guess you also have to boot to this TWRP version via fastboot to be able to decrypt your data
( USE "fastboot boot ..." - DO NOT "fastboot flash recovery ..." ) => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145679752

:)

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if no pin, pin or pattern. I never can enter the internal storage. The twrp from your link is already installed. I entered the twrp by pushing up and power. You mean there is a difference if I enter the twrp from adb& fastboot terminal by command?

It doesn't matter if no pin, pin or pattern. I never can enter the internal storage. The twrp from your link is already installed. I entered the twrp by pushing up and power. You mean there is a difference if I enter the twrp from adb& fastboot terminal by command?
I don't know what TWRP is included in latest Stable ROM for Mi 10.

In latests Weekly ROMs, TWRP version is 3.4.0 by @LittleTurtle2333 => https://github.com/LittleTurtle2333/android_device_xiaomi_umi-twrp/releases

This TWRP doesn't handle /data decryption.

TWRP 3.4.2B-1206 should be able to decrypt your /data decryption if no "Pattern/Pin/password" is set or "Pattern" only.

You can't flash and use TWRP 3.4.2B-1206 in latests Weekly ROMs, that's why I advise to use "fastboot boot ...". ;)

Aah okay, now I understand what you mean with fastboot. I use the 12.2.8 stable and that twrp is the newest I think. But without or with only pattern it doesn't work.

Hm

Aah okay, now I understand what you mean with fastboot. I use the 12.2.8 stable and that twrp is the newest I think. But without or with only pattern it doesn't work.

Hm

Download this TWRP -> TWRP 3.4.2b-1206
Put it into your "adb/fastboot" directory on your PC
enter fastboot on your phone "poweron & vol-"
from PC -> "fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img"
and wait while starting, then you can flash what you want

description is here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...e-magisk-for-mi-10-umi-plus-extra-tips.59306/

• Love
Reactions: Kiwiindo
perfect. it works. but its only for booting every update right?

but this twrp is ultra slow? its hanging all 5 sec for 3 sec

Last edited: