TWRP data partition encrypted, nomore USB-OTG, nomore root after Xiaomi.EU Update (10.3.3 Whyred)

S.Oliver

Members
Dec 23, 2017
Hello,

after using twrp-3.2.3-2-whyred to update to the most recent Xiaomi.EU Rom Miui 10 V10.3.3.0.PEICNXM stable, coming from Miui10 V10.2.1.0 OEICNFK stable,
TWRP say the data partition is encrypted and asks for a password.
Unfortunately it is too late for a Nandroid Backup (no internal memory) or Titanium Backup (no root) etc.
USB-OTG works in ROM, but not in Recovery Mode (can not mount either)!

I did chose different types of PIN, Password or Pattern Settings, but later in TWRP none of them worked to decrypt.
Then I flashed different versions of TWRP and RedWolf-027-F2FS-whyred.img per ADB without effect on the issue.

I did not try stock recovery though and cannot flash old EU.Rom again without TWRP to test whether this would help ?
Could I use MiFlash to flash the Xiaomi.EU Rom Miui 10 V10.3.3.0.PEICNXM another time ?

I do not want to format or harm the data partition as it is not my device.
I did copy everything that was accessible via USB connection to a PC, including a nandroid backup and Titanium backups from last week, however I do not think that I myself could easily restore everything without loosing google settings, game bonus, contacts, SMS, social media chats or thelike....

Is there any chance to repair/decrypt without harming ROM, settings and data ?

regards S. Oliver

O.K. Obviously the encrypted data partition issue is still not solved ?
Despairing I did change file system in TWRP advanced wipe menue from exFat to Ext4 and back. Encryption is gone, Recovery and Xiaomi.rom survived.
Unfortunately all the data and apps are destroyed. I reinstalled from xiaomis save and restore menue, but many app#s did not work, theme and background image changed. For the apps even Titanium backup did not work. Some games asked to be deleted and reinstalled.
I retransferred everything we did copy to PC before with same unsatisfying effect.
Fortunately WLAN passwords and the like survived. I do not know about contacts or phone calls as the whyred did never see a SIM card before and maybe no contacts or calls have been stored...

So changing file system of data partition is a solution to get rid of encryption, but at high costs still...