TWRP is locked and I cannot touch

TeamDucky

Members
Jan 18, 2022
I need help I am on Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, I was on the latest weekly MIUI 13 but after a week I decided to go back to stable MIUI 13. I went into TWRP to format data, then I rebooted to recovery and now the screen is on a lock and I need to swipe right to continue and I cannot swipe or touch anything.

how did you expect to flash miui 13 on twrp? first there is not a good working twrp for ultra and there is not a twrp miui13 stable rom...
If you want to flash stable miui13 use fastboot...
So run the script with format data

At least thats what i am thinking

If you are going from weekly MIUIv13, you are doing a downgade so format data is mandatory!

Tip for Android 12 devices: Because TWRP doesn't work with Android 12, the update needs to be flashed in Fastboot mode. Download the ZIP package, unpack it and run update script (without formatting data if you're moving from Android 11 xiaomi.eu ROM or with format data if you're flashing it first time).

how did you expect to flash miui 13 on twrp? first there is not a good working twrp for ultra and there is not a twrp miui13 stable rom...
If you want to flash stable miui13 use fastboot...
So run the script with format data

At least thats what i am thinking

If you are going from weekly MIUIv13, you are doing a downgade so format data is mandatory!

Tip for Android 12 devices: Because TWRP doesn't work with Android 12, the update needs to be flashed in Fastboot mode. Download the ZIP package, unpack it and run update script (without formatting data if you're moving from Android 11 xiaomi.eu ROM or with format data if you're flashing it first time).
I was going to format data first, reboot to recovery then install MIUI 12.5. Then install MIUI13 in fastboot afterward. But touch doesn't seem to work and it's now locked, PC cannot see my phone and also connecting an external mouse also does not work.

i think you should try to fastboot boot twrp.img(older one twrp3.5.1 version) format data, copy 12.5 rom to internal... and then flash this one.

i think you should try to fastboot boot twrp.img(older one twrp3.5.1 version) format data, copy 12.5 rom to internal... and then flash this one.
where can I get the older TWRP version, connecting the phone to the PC does not seem to work. It's like PC does not recognize my device. You're right I could've just fast booted the stable MIUI13 with format I haven't really thought about it.

I did since it was locked, I removed the cable to try and use the external mouse but it doesn't work and also connecting it back to the PC doesn't work also.
sorry then i am out off ideas.. idk but maybe EDL mode, then you need to find a guy... but like i said i dont know that.
Sorry cant help you further