TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

So, I unlocked next new phone (finally the period of 168 days had passed) and installed TWRP + ROM exactly according to the instructions in the first post and everything went smoothly. I have slightly improved the instructions to make them clearer.

If you do it exactly according to the instructions, I guarantee functionality!
Sorry you had to wait so long

It's a working twrp for joyeuse (Redmi Note 9 pro).
I was with eu rom and the previous twrp and I flashed this from the old twrp.
After that I flashed the new version of eu rom and everything was working fine without any format.
Thanks for this one.

Yes, TWRP is fully working.

To all: New updated version ROM install from TWRP without any format...

Guys, please tell me... I must copy all data before intall TWRP? Installation will erase all data from phone?

Guys, please tell me... I must copy all data before intall TWRP? Installation will erase all data from phone?
IT IS ALWAYS good to have a backup of your data. ALWAYS....
But to install twrp it is just a recovery modification and nothing is to be deleted.

Reactions: Snajper89
Installing TWRP alone will not delete the data -> see instructions in 1st post.
Data will only be erased if you install the recovery version of the ROM, because it is necessary to decrypt the Data partition and this is done using Format.

Someone wrote here that he was able to decrypt the Data partition using this TWRP, so he didn't have to do the formatting, but I didn't try this.

In the first post, I put the instructions how to istall TWRP and latest recovery ROM 11.0.5.
I recommend installing it in one step, as the instructions say, I tried it several times and it works 100%.

Last edited:
Installing TWRP alone will not delete the data -> see instructions in 1st post.
Data will only be erased if you install the recovery version of the ROM, because it is necessary to decrypt the Data partition and this is done using Format.

Someone wrote here that he was able to decrypt the Data partition using this TWRP, so he didn't have to do the formatting, but I didn't try this.

In the first post, I put the instructions how to istall TWRP and latest recovery ROM 11.0.5.
I recommend installing it in one step, as the instructions say, I tried it several times and it works 100%.
OK, I installed TWRP and now... is there any method to update ROM only? I have xiaomi.eu 11.0.4 but I was install it via fastboot, can I update to 11.0.5 via recovery now?

OK... and question is, TWRP after install via automatic.exe show me at every start that want decrypt data... but I no set any password... and whats now? I no have any pass to decrypt data, and cant mount storage via TWRP... any tips?

EDIT:
OK I found it... Pass was PIN to lockscreen on phone...

EDIT:
I flashed .zip and phone take bootloop (2 times) and after second time he enter to TWRP... so 11.0.5 still bugged?

Last edited:
If you installed it exactly as instructed in the first post, it would go smoothly. Do you have an decrypted Data partition or not?

Since I don't know if your phone has been decrypted or not, I advise you to back up your data and follow the instructions in the first post.

Edit:
If you know password, decrypt phone in TWRP. It should works, but I did not try it. Then normal install recovery ROM 11.0.5 - you will not lost data.

Last edited:
OK... and question is, TWRP after install via automatic.exe show me at every start that want decrypt data... but I no set any password... and whats now? I no have any pass to decrypt data, and cant mount storage via TWRP... any tips?

EDIT:

EDIT:
I flashed .zip and phone take bootloop (2 times) and after second time he enter to TWRP... so 11.0.5 still bugged?
ROM is OK, I use it everyday.
You have problems because you did not follow exactly my instructions, it really depends on each step. It must be done strictly as it is written.

As I said, if you follow the instructions in the first post exactly , everything will work well.
Since I don't know exactly what you did or didn't do, I advise you to follow exactly the instructions in the first post.

Or...
You wrote that you can get to TWRP, so proceed as follows:

Follows the ROM installation:
-Backup your data before it.
-Download Recovery version latest ROM 11.0.5
-In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! (important, otherwise it will not work)
-In TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and copy the ROM to Internal storage
-Install ROM (In TWRP click on Install and select ZIP from storage)
-Restart to System
-Restart to TWRP
-Magisk installation (this is optional)

Last edited:
If you installed it exactly as instructed in the first post, it would go smoothly. Do you have an decrypted Data partition or not?

Since I don't know if your phone has been decrypted or not, I advise you to back up your data and follow the instructions in the first post.

Edit:
If you know password, decrypt phone in TWRP. It should works, but I did not try it. Then normal install recovery ROM 11.0.5 - you will not lost data.
I decrypted data, done backup and installed .zip, but it's now have bootloop, and I can't restore backup because all directories are encrypted when try enter to "restore", TWRP now not show me message to decrypt data during launch... why? If I do all steps with Your tutorial (during "Format Data" I will lose all files from storage), I wanna only update.

EDIT:

EDIT:

I was with eu rom 11.0.4 and the previous twrp and I flashed this from the old twrp. Reboot to new twrp and
after that I flashed the new version 11.0.5 of eu rom and everything was working fine without any format.

OK, reinstall TWRP, and now during launch show me decrypt message again... now I try restore backup... But what next? ZIP file install correct, and not show any other warnings... I dont wanna format data... so I thing that i must do it... without format It will not success...

I decrypted data, done backup and installed .zip, but it's now have bootloop, and I can't restore backup because all directories are encrypted when try enter to "restore", TWRP now not show me message to decrypt data during launch... why? If I do all steps with Your tutorial (during "Format Data" I will lose all files from storage), I wanna only update.

ROM is OK, I use it everyday.
You have problems because you did not follow exactly my instructions in the 1st post, it really depends on each step.
It must be done strictly as it is written. Then everything will work well.

Since I don't know exactly what you did or didn't do, I advise you to follow exactly the instructions in the first post.

Or...
Connect phone to PC in TWRP, do you see files on Internal storage? If yes, backup your data (photos, vieos, etc.). Then proceed as follows:

-In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! (important, otherwise it will not work)
-Restart to System
-Restart to TWRP

Last edited:
I read Your tutorial... that step erease all data from internal storage and ROM...
Yes, it will erase all data from phone.
Ingbrzy, the author of this site also requires to format the Data partition in his ROM installation manual. Surely he knows why.
It's just good to do it, you'll avoid the problems.

As I wrote above: Connect phone to PC in TWRP, do you see files on Internal storage? If yes, backup your data (photos, vieos, etc.) and do this:
-Restart to System
-Restart to TWRP

But I don't understand this:
You wrote that you had ROM 11.4.0 installed according to this instructions
If that were the case, you couldn't have the Data Partition encrypted, because that tutorial also formats the Data Partition.
For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat

The great thing is that once you format it, the installation of other versions of ROM will be without data loss.

Last edited:
Yes, it will erase all data from phone.
Ingbrzy, the author of this site also requires to format the Data partition in his ROM installation manual. Surely he knows why.
It's just good to do it, you'll avoid the problems.

As I wrote above: Connect phone to PC in TWRP, do you see files on Internal storage? If yes, backup your data (photos, vieos, etc.) and do this:
-Restart to System
-Restart to TWRP
I see files, and copy them to PC... and now I must format all data and flash clean ROM and configure all apps etc? What if after format I try to restore backup from TWRP? A lots of truobles... I stay at 11.0.4...

But I don't understand this:
You wrote that you had ROM 11.4.0 installed according to this instructions
If that were the case, you couldn't have the Data Partition encrypted, because that tutorial also formats the Data Partition.

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
Yes I install it via .bat "first_install_with_data_format" script... and TWRP decrypt files as we see... Maybe some day I will have free time to fresh install that ROM but now I can't waste my time. I thought that will be without troubles :p so thank You for all replies....

EDIT:
Ou I found next bug... when Phone turn off screen in TWRP, I can't unlock him... only show that I must swipe but touch screen no react... only restart :)

I see files, and copy them to PC... and now I must format all data and flash clean ROM and configure all apps etc? What if after format I try to restore backup from TWRP? A lots of truobles... I stay at 11.0.4...
Test on a PC whether the data are readable.

If yes do EXACTLY!!! this:
-Restart to System
-Restart to TWRP

Do not try to do what is not written in the instructions, the result is your problems.
The great thing is that once you format it, the installation of next versions of ROM will be without data loss.