TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9S (Curtana)

Is there a method to backup ROM + Data (Installed apps, settings Etc), and o be able to restore after a new update?

TWRP Ver. that I have installed:
recovery-redmi_note9s-3.4.1-10.0-b5.img

ROM
RROS-Q-8.6.2-20201013-curtana-Official.zip

I tried upgrading to 8.6.3, and it would soft brick and boot directly to TWRP if I tried to install gapps. 8.6.2 version was fine with gapps. Unfortunantly, I had to start from scratch reinstall of 8.6.2 since I couldn't do a previos TWRP backup.

Is there a method to backup ROM + Data (Installed apps, settings Etc), and o be able to restore after a new update?

ROM

I tried upgrading to 8.6.3, and it would soft brick and boot directly to TWRP if I tried to install gapps. 8.6.2 version was fine with gapps. Unfortunantly, I had to start from scratch reinstall of 8.6.2 since I couldn't do a previos TWRP backup.
RESURRECTIONremix rom?
We cannot help you here!
You are not in the good forum...for TWRP issue on a fake rom.

Reactions: twistyplain
What kind of nonsense are you talking about? RR has been around forever. Forget about what ROM it is. I want to be able to backup/restore OS and data no matter what ROM I'm running. Has anyone achieved that with TWRP on the 9S?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk

What kind of nonsense are you talking about? RR has been around forever. Forget about what ROM it is. I want to be able to backup/restore OS and data no matter what ROM I'm running. Has anyone achieved that with TWRP on the 9S?

We do not support TWRP ,here.
That's all!
Ask to your rom forum!

Agreed !

I'm running the LR-TWRP 3.4.1B on my RN9P-EU (joyeuse) device and I can confirm that it does backup all partitions without any errors. However, I have NOT attempted a full OS restore on my phone and, TBH, I have not read any comments on these forums about anyone who has! That is not to say that it won't work, however, it may not.

It is a case of suck it and see, I'm afraid...

Reactions: LOLO9393
Can someone update the instructions in the first post how to flash TWRP 3.4.0-14 by mauronofrio. I have unlocked the bootloader but the instructions are not straightfoward. What old TWRP is meant? I have completly stock phone with unlocked bootloader and reading on XDA and here but dont have clue how to procede foward (this aint my first flashing been doing this from the times of HTC desire S). Do i need to root and istal magisk? I dont need root i just need TWRP so i can upgrade the rome when needed.

b.r.

Can someone update the instructions in the first post how to flash TWRP 3.4.0-14 by mauronofrio. I have unlocked the bootloader but the instructions are not straightfoward. What old TWRP is meant? I have completly stock phone with unlocked bootloader and reading on XDA and here but dont have clue how to procede foward (this aint my first flashing been doing this from the times of HTC desire S). Do i need to root and istal magisk? I dont need root i just need TWRP so i can upgrade the rome when needed.

b.r.
The easier way for you is use autoinstal program to first install LR.TWRP from russian pages, then instal Maurunofrios TWRP from russian LR.TWRP.
Install -> Install IMG -> choose Maurnofrios TWRP image file -> choose Recovery -> Swipe to confirm

Direct installation is described here instructions in czech language (use Google translator)
You must be logged in to view images on those pages

Last edited:
Is it possible that you update the guide that gives you step by step procedure from unlockin bootloader so people like me wont ask always how to do it etc...?

I read somewhere that on Android 11 you need TWRP 3.5. But nw, It is available for Joyeuse (Redmi Note 9 Pro) only.

If the current LR.TWRP 3.4.1b-0530 for Curtana will cause you problems in Android 11, try Orangefox, which is newer and is also for Curtana, see the first post.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that on Android 11 you need TWRP 3.5. But nw, It is available for Joyeuse (Redmi Note 9 Pro) only.

If the current LR.TWRP 3.4.1b-0530 for Curtana will cause you problems in Android 11, try Orangefox, which is newer and is also for Curtana, see the first post.

Hi,

Recently i started researching about installing custom roms, but i still have some doubts.
I have already unlocked the bootloader, now i need to install a custom recovery (TWRP), i saw two different TWRP posted in this thread:
-LR.TWRP
-TWRP by mauronofrio

In order to install the latest xiaomi.eu stable version for curtana, do i need to install mauronofrio version afterwards or the LR is enough?

ROM

Because the new ROMs use Superpartion, it is not possible to back up ROMs as in the past.
- in TWRP just back up Data and EFS partitions.
- when restoring, first install the ROM from ZIP and then restore the backup of Data and EFS partitions
- you will get the same phone state as after the backup

Hi,

Recently i started researching about installing custom roms, but i still have some doubts.
I have already unlocked the bootloader, now i need to install a custom recovery (TWRP), i saw two different TWRP posted in this thread:
-LR.TWRP
-TWRP by mauronofrio

In order to install the latest xiaomi.eu stable version for curtana, do i need to install mauronofrio version afterwards or the LR is enough?
The difference is that the first is LR.TWRP and the second is TWRP. It's not the same.
I used both and they always worked well.

Last edited:
New TWRP-3.5.1.A10 -> File: twrp-3.5.1.A10-curtana-geoanto555.img

See 1st post.

"4 -Run file "TWRP-3.4.1B-0507-REDMI_NOTE9S-CN-wzsx150-fastboot\EN_Recovery-twrp-oneclick-EN.bat" in Windows "

Where is that file? The download link just gives me a .img file. And when i follow the instructions on other sites to install it(open cmd in the twrp image directory, check fastboot devices[i see mine], and send the command "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.1.A10-curtana-geoanto555.img") it looks like it worked, but when i try to actually go into the recovery(holding up on the volume as i boot up from a powered off phone), its still the normal redmi one.
Here's a screen shot of the cmd page.
9jeJfsj.png

The file transfer speed seems suspiciously fast for 130MB's.

This is starting from a freshly unlocked bootloader, still using the official rom, and with all the USB drivers installed(that i know of. I mean i get the positive jingle sound when i plug in the phone, while in fastboot)

edit- Forgot to mention, i'm running windows 10pro and curtana(48megapixel) with 6gb/128gb. Earliest revision.(I had been running the .eu rom, but when i tried to update it a couple weeks ago, it bootlooped, so i flashed the official rom, finding out only afterwards that it resets EVERYTHING in the phone, including locking the bootloader, so i'm trying to get it back to the .eu rom and TWRP again)

Last edited: