TWRP won't work [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Sousa

Members
Feb 18, 2018
Hi,
I was trying to install xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 Stable ROM, but I can't get TWRP from the downloads page to work. I followed all the steps but when it cames to boot, the screen becames black and restarts the phone. Also tried one from another topic here from XDA, but after booting TWRP goes to restart the phone.
I´m on oficial Global Dev ROM 8.8.4 with unlocked bootloader.
Thanks for the help...

PS: I tried to look for the weekly ROM from xiaomi.eu, but didn't find it.

Today I flashed Xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 stable coming from stable 9.5 global with THIS chinese twrp, worked fine for me.

At the moment there is no Xiaomi.eu weekly for the mix2s cause of Pie testing...

Edit: I had to format data in twrp for booting up - so backup all your stuff before.

Last edited:
I'm stuck later - TWRP ran fine, but I can't find the image on the filesystem? Loads of junk folder names?

You have to format data partition and reboot twrp, then transfer rom file and flash xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 stable.

I've gone into wipe and swiped "factory reset" - is that what you mean? That's not working. Then, if I just try to copy the zip over USB it just hangs...

No, choose FORMAT data and then you have to confirm the operation by typing 'yes'...whole phone storage will be formatted then (so backup your stuff first). After formatting reboot twrp and then flash the rom.

ahh, looks like it's worked, thanks! Why is it instructions always seem to miss out a crucial step?!

Now, hopefully, booting into Xiaomi.eu (and SafetyNet!)

Just a doubt...
Does it make any difference if the phone is encrypted in the privacy settings? Official Dev ROM 8.8.4 sets this by default...

Status
Not open for further replies.