[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

@feds64 Your unlock tool cannot go past "Abnormal account inquiry". Do you know how to continue?

I have used retry many many times
Install the newest DEV official xiaomi rom, log into the same mi account you used to log into the unlocker tool and lastly make SURE you have a phone number connected to your mi account.

Install the newest DEV official xiaomi rom, log into the same mi account you used to log into the unlocker tool and lastly make SURE you have a phone number connected to your mi account.
I have done all that, phone even shows in locate section of mi cloud.

Last edited:
@feds64 Your unlock tool cannot go past "Abnormal account inquiry". Do you know how to continue?

I have used retry many many times
I been there a couple of times to be able to take a screenshot of it... It the congestion in the server, and I am experiencing not able to sign-in many times lately... I guess the number of ppl doing or buying RN3 has surged.... That's all I could think of...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I unlocked my redmi note 3 with my mi account and unlocked tool? Can i unlock another redmi note 3 with same mi account? If yes how?

Can i fed64?
You could unlock another but the previous one will be lock again... So you have a status quo situation...

got 7.0.22 and got unlock sms from xiaomi, but when i try to flash developer rom via update it says "can't verify update", someone knows solution?
I suggest you to flash a official rom to make sure everything is right...

Hi,
I am stuck on this page :
unlock.png

There's an error saying that the message cannot be sent to my phone number, and I cannot get the verification code.
Can anybody help me?

Hello anybody,
i hope you can help me!?!

I had try to unlock my bootloader, but i get some Errors :-(

1. i`am on DevRom "MIUI 7 6.1.14 Beta" - see Screenshot 1
2. When i try to get on "MIUI 5.12.24 via Updater i get "Can´t verify Update" - see Screenshot 2
3. When i try the "MIFlashUnlocker" i get some Error because my Account is not Verified to unlock my Bootloader - See Screenshot 3

Have i wait for the Unlockcode or is there an other way to Unlock my Bootloader?

Greetings
Tamarotzi

Attachments

• Screen 1.png
    Screen 1.png
    112 KB · Views: 753
  • Screen2.png
    Screen2.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 805
  • Screen 3.png
    Screen 3.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:
Hi guys,
I completely understood that I need to have a dev rom flashed to follow this how-to. However, whatever dev rom version I try to install, it gives me an error (couldn't verify update). I have stable 7.00.11.00 installed, which seems not to be an official rom, so I can't update to neither stable nor dev rom. Couldn't find any help or similar problem here.

@sebsch1991: do you know, how to get a dev rom over 7.00.11.00? I had a Note 2 with sMiUI7 now I absolutely want to have my note 3 with sMiui!!!

Thx for your help!

Hi guys,
I completely understood that I need to have a dev rom flashed to follow this how-to. However, whatever dev rom version I try to install, it gives me an error (couldn't verify update). I have stable 7.00.11.00 installed, which seems not to be an official rom, so I can't update to neither stable nor dev rom. Couldn't find any help or similar problem here.

@sebsch1991: do you know, how to get a dev rom over 7.00.11.00? I had a Note 2 with sMiUI7 now I absolutely want to have my note 3 with sMiui!!!

Thx for your help!

Hey,

You have to switch to Developer ROM before unlocking the bootloader and rooting. Please Flash your Handset with Fastboot Method.

1. Download Fastboot ROM 5.1.12 ( File Format .tgz , not regular ZIP Format; Also huge in file size, around 2.5GB)
2. Flash it using this tutorial - http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...rom-with-sp-flash-tool-on-redmi-note-3.29148/3. After Flash Update it via OTA to Version 6.1.14

I been there a couple of times to be able to take a screenshot of it... It the congestion in the server, and I am experiencing not able to sign-in many times lately... I guess the number of ppl doing or buying RN3 has surged.... That's all I could think of...

Thanks for your reply. I still haven't past the message, sadly.

hi, new to xiaomi and redmi note 3 here. I'm wondering if I can unlock my bootloader with a mac instead of windows? thanks!

Hey,

You have to switch to Developer ROM before unlocking the bootloader and rooting. Please Flash your Handset with Fastboot Method.

1. Download Fastboot ROM 5.1.12 ( File Format .tgz , not regular ZIP Format; Also huge in file size, around 2.5GB)
2. Flash it using this tutorial - http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...rom-with-sp-flash-tool-on-redmi-note-3.29148/3. After Flash Update it via OTA to Version 6.1.14

No need to install dev rom to unlock bootloader. The unlock tool works also with STABLE version rom:

http://myandroidous.blogspot.my/2016/01/mi-flash-unlock-1012252-exposed.html

Hi! You should add this part (Developer ROM installation) to your guide:

WARNING: During this Process all data will be wiped
  • Download Developer ROM here
  • Place that .zip file at the root of the internal storage (don't paste it in any folder).
  • Go to Updater App (you will find it in Homescreen > Tools (folder) > Update)
  • Tap on the 3 dots (right corner of the screen) > Select .zip file downloaded previously.
  • The phone will reboot and you will be on Developer ROM!
Thanks to Muz_paray from en.miui.com.
I have Redmi Note 3. I tried your method to flash developer rom but as soon as I select it, updater app says getting info and then closes. I even tried to clear data of updater app and try again. Is there any other way with my locked bootloader?

Hi all!

I also have a problem with unlock tool. I have verified mi account(with phone number too), redmi note 3 is connected to this account, it's on latest china dev weekly 6.1.14, entered fastboot and connected to laptop(no problem with drivers), logged in unlock tool, but can't unlock bootloader. I always get redirected to online application form.
Is applying for unlock only solution? Should i try removing rn3 from this mi account and connect it to another mi account?
Or flashing that pre-rooted ROM @loxar kindly provided does the trick for now untill i get unlock code?
Thank you

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 2 koristeći Tapatalk

Nope, unlock tool didn't help with my wife's mi account. I get redirected to unlock form application.
I got this rn3 for a family member, so i decided not to ask unlock code for it using mine mi account.
But i did manage to get xiaomi.eu ROM using flashtool method. Works nice

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 2 koristeći Tapatalk

I have long since finished the procedure and installed the Xiaomi.eu, all good but I can not grant the root permissions. for example, using ES file Explorer, try to activate the root Explorer function but is rejected ... This also to other apps. can you help me? It never appears pop-up asking to grant root permissions at the app that attempting to use them.

Thank you

I have long since finished the procedure and installed the Xiaomi.eu, all good but I can not grant the root permissions. for example, using ES file Explorer, try to activate the root Explorer function but is rejected ... This also to other apps. can you help me? It never appears pop-up asking to grant root permissions at the app that attempting to use them.

Thank you

install superSU tru TWRP.

i'm stuck on this page/popup after i recieve and put the sms activation code
what did it means??? in miui unlock application so it say me i'm not able to unlock for this reason i think

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 640
I have Redmi Note 3. I tried your method to flash developer rom but as soon as I select it, updater app says getting info and then closes. I even tried to clear data of updater app and try again. Is there any other way with my locked bootloader?
I also have this problem. I'm on 7.0.11.0 stable and I'm not able to install dev rom

Hi all!
please give me advice

You can vote http://en.miui.com/thread-216135-1-1.html

I have unlock approval, my phone is Redmi Note 3. My firmware now is 6.1.21. MiFlashUnlock 1.1.0118.1 (latest)

All settings in phone is OK and working (as fingerprint and find device), account the same as used in MiFlashUnlock but still i have 50% error,
I tryed many dev and stable firmwares from 5.12.24 to latest, and 3 versions of MiFlashUnlock - no result.

So what I do incorrect?

Error text from log file (C:\Users\%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\Xiaomi\MiFlashUnlock\Log\MiFlashUnlock.log)

ERROR <10:12:05.074,T:3336> : unlock signature request fail:20031 reason:账号与设备没有绑定关系
DEBUG <10:12:05.074,T:3336> : unlock return:20031 msg:账号与设备没有绑定关系

It is translated like "Account no binding relationship with the device" but I use the same account booth on phone and on PC

i have unlocked with the sphinX 1B rom in 20 seconds, so not only de developer rom works, but the sphinX to.